Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
[Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF (/thread-7256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - qwerasd205 - 03-15-2017

(08-11-2015, 01:49 PM)Halflife390 Wrote: Speaking of meth, before I took a years break from the server, so about a years and a half ago on ORE, I was just building away when someone came up to me. I cant remember who it was but they started chucking tons of potions (meth) at me than ran away really fast to go and do the same to others. The potions made you jump so stupidly high and run so stupidly fast that you couldn't actually press a button on the keyboard without traversing the map. We made a load of dispensers and got everyone in one place and just had a massive meth party, it was quite funny.

That wasn't meth that was "drugs"

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - qwerasd205 - 03-15-2017

(08-27-2015, 10:22 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 10:41 AM)Apuly Wrote: And now we're having plans to put cross-plot on a shyte ton of plots all around that map.
GG ORE, GG.

It was only a matter of time until I said this:

It's not the FUCKING same as crossplot, because crossplot used FUCKING INSTAWIRE and intOREnet won't.

Also my trial was pretty funny, I was building an RCA ALU, and maga was trailing me. Decapo (well before he was staff) told me to build a hot tub, so I did, and I put lava underneath it. Then, as we got to the question part, maga started asking me about the hot tub, and people were jumping on it, and someone accidentally broke it, and the lava leaked out onto my redstone and broke it xD.

~June 2014
I kekd

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Xray_Doc - 03-21-2017

Meth lab v1 for all you old people out there. If there's a backup of the RDF map we can try to find it.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 03-21-2017

Yes! I want

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Nickster258 - 03-21-2017

<sad face> there really is no methlab on the new map.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Laythe - 03-22-2017

So, because I got tired of flying around looking for stuff and because I was too lazy to set up a server so I could use the warps. I rendered an RDF map I had lying around:
[Image: EU7NOl5.jpg]

It's accurate down to the block, and it's not pristine, because I messed around a little on it before hand, but I'm (again) too lazy to wait six hours for it to re-render. Should make finding things much easier, though I don't remember exactly when it was from.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - VoltzLive - 03-23-2017

https://i.imgur.com/6w0T5dc.png
yay I found my plot!

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Xray_Doc - 03-24-2017

(01-15-2017, 07:08 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: I'm kinda suprised there was no mention of our minor rivalry between TheVoxelBox before they died. Also we used to have PvP matches of NAIL (really old map) hosted by Alex or someone. Here's an album I compiled of old screenshots. I have many great memories of this server and I used to spend maybe 2-8 hours online every day (mostly AFK or chatting). You can see how active our server used to be (12 or more people was the norm) and the old users I used to talk a lot with. 

https://imgur.com/a/LKM3I 240+ screenshots from 2012-2015 with brief comments.

Featured:

- Old players and kinda cringey chats (Virt, Red, Newo, and others)
- My trial
- My RDF and ORE plots, including my tunnel system red dug out
- PROP (come back pls)
- Lots of people's plots, including Newo
- Survival CPU and iterations of MethLab
- The origins of ORE as an experimental alternative to RDF
- Me when I was younger and cuter instead of bitter sad me now
God bless the methlab.

I remember our VoxelBox rivalry. In fact, I applied there and got in lol (and even saw Guy there doing a trial). I got approved by Woody and talked to Demon a lot and he let me see some of his incredible redstone builds. We had a huge playerbase of great redstone engineers but VB had those 2 amazing redstone engineers. Both woody and demon were really nice and it was fun when you would see woody come on the RDF at times.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Xray_Doc - 03-24-2017

(08-24-2015, 03:33 AM)redstonewarrior Wrote: I think we still have those screenshots from the first/second survival CPU/ALU. As for the tunnels under jxu's plot, and the secret annexation of half of the server, I regret nothing.
I'm proud to have been around when CLEs were born. Big Grin
Did you ever visit the RSW café in the original methlab? It had some excellent soups.
We only sold the finest cuisine in our café

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 03-25-2017

I updated one of the Nail maps to make it more balanced. So we could sort of play.