Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet (/thread-5661.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 03-31-2015

(02-14-2015, 10:31 PM)slugdude Wrote: Regarding port multipliers: There will be no official support for these, but they can act like devices, which then direct packets to further devices. The addresses used for these must be inside the data section of the standards or it will screw around with the rest of the network. Sending packets that do not follow the standards may cause undesirable results.

Due to the way switches work, you can have an extra switch(es) on your plot if you want one (So that you can have more than 3 devices) but they will have different addresses.

The 8-bit addresses are now in two parts.

000000 00

The first 6 is the address of your hub. The last two are which port on the hub the destination device is connected to. This saves space in the switch memory since it only needs to store the first 6 bits, and the two-bit direction, a total of 8 bits. Before, each set of memory would have to store 8 bits plus the 2 bit direction (10 bits).

This does, however, mean that the maximum number of hubs connected to the network is 63. You cannot have an address of 000000XX because that is the address used for the assigning of an an address to a hub. (The hub will send a packet with address 00000000 and a manually set source address to it's switch, which will remember the address and where it came from, and resend that packet to other switches.)

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 04-05-2015

What I said previously about people who are connected needing both a hub and a switch (can't find the quote), is now obsolete. Thanks to awesome 1.8ness this is no longer the case, and you only need a hub on your plot as long as there is a switch nearby. It doesn't have to be on your plot anymore, but doing so may decrease latency. (Less distance for signal to travel).

Also, that snooping test could work, chibill, as that method of addressing was dropped a while ago, I forgot to tell you. 

About this 1.8ness, I'm going to talk about it in another thread since it is an issue by itself. It regards how redstone now automatically loads chunks it is attempting to cause updates in, meaning clocks (and CPUs) could be left running. Please don't talk about this here, I'll make a dedicated thread in the Build discussion section.

RE: intOREnet - tokumei - 04-05-2015

(02-14-2015, 04:24 PM)Nuuppanaani Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 02:12 PM)LordDecapo Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 03:24 AM)Curiosity85 Wrote: If people start giving each other files (such as messages), any chance of malware in them? Because I would not want a computer that I spent tons of time on (In school server, so don't have any now) to have all of its files fucked up.

No....
Well its possible, but the person would have to know everything about your system and you must have a shared Data and Inst RAM for info to transfer over. But most CPUs on here have no su changes ability yet

LMAO!

Making a virus would be quite of an accomplishment tho Big Grin

Challenge accepted.

But as Decapo said, you'd essentially have to have a Von Neumann architecture in order to execute arbitrary instructions. The most you could do is data corruption otherwise.

(04-05-2015, 02:49 PM)NonemuNinja Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 04:24 PM)Nuuppanaani Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 02:12 PM)LordDecapo Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 03:24 AM)Curiosity85 Wrote: If people start giving each other files (such as messages), any chance of malware in them? Because I would not want a computer that I spent tons of time on (In school server, so don't have any now) to have all of its files fucked up.

No....
Well its possible, but the person would have to know everything about your system and you must have a shared Data and Inst  RAM  for  info to transfer over. But most CPUs  on here have no su changes ability yet

LMAO!

Making a virus would be quite of an accomplishment tho Big Grin

Challenge accepted.

:o

RE: intOREnet - Chibill - 04-05-2015

Well with lord's CPU you could write viruses that can be made to infect any computer connected to it.

RE: intOREnet - LordDecapo - 04-05-2015

(03-31-2015, 04:36 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 03:10 PM)MagicalGentleman Wrote: 1.8 is coming soon ™...

Will you be continuing your work?

Yes

If anyone wants to help me that would be great since the switches still need to be built. The next thing I need is some write-once memory. I made a change or to to how addressing will work but nothing major. I need a memory bank that will:

1. Write 8 bits of data in the next available slot
2. When it receives 6 bits of data in a different input, it will search for a byte of memory that has those 6 bits in the first 6 bits of it, then output the last 2 bits of that byte.

I have a tilable version of this same hardware, will have to show you where. Or u can modify Tuchis Cache to hold data via address rather then shifting.

also the way my CPU now connects to a network it's paged based, so every 16ticks you can send 64bits.
makes it good for being able to send instructions to 1 CPU to another and make slaves run smaller functions (that could fit in the Instriction Cache). Will make Pokémon fun to play over a network cause u will only need 1 packet per turn. What is the best way that you think I can send page data via ur network?  Will I have to spit it up into multiple smaller packets? 

(04-05-2015, 06:34 PM)LordDecapo Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 04:36 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 03:10 PM)MagicalGentleman Wrote: 1.8 is coming soon ™...

Will you be continuing your work?

Yes

If anyone wants to help me that would be great since the switches still need to be built. The next thing I need is some write-once memory. I made a change or to to how addressing will work but nothing major. I need a memory bank that will:

1. Write 8 bits of data in the next available slot
2. When it receives 6 bits of data in a different input, it will search for a byte of memory that has those 6 bits in the first 6 bits of it, then output the last 2 bits of that byte.

I have a tilable version of this same hardware, will have to show you where. Or u can modify Tuchis Cache to hold data via address rather then shifting.

also the way my CPU now connects to a network it's paged based, so every 16ticks you can send 64bits.
makes it good for being able to send instructions to 1 CPU to another and make slaves run smaller functions (that could fit in the Instriction Cache). Will make Pokémon fun to play over a network cause u will only need 1 packet per turn. What is the best way that you think I can send page data via ur network?  Will I have to spit it up into multiple smaller packets? 

64 bits = 8 bytes

intOREnet packet = 4 bytes o' data

Therefore it could  be split over 2 packets.

RE: intOREnet - fluffy406 - 04-06-2015

I will help

RE: intOREnet - LordDecapo - 04-06-2015

Oh 2 packets ain't bad!

RE: intOREnet - tokumei - 04-06-2015

I want to be connected. Beware that I may hack your hardware and make it a bridge between intOREnet and MDP