Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet (/thread-5661.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

intOREnet - slugdude - 01-26-2015

As I'm sure some of you are aware, me and crazyninja2 have wanted to create a redstone network for a long time. This vision was shattered by chunk loading issues. But now, we have found a way. It is no longer a network, but an intOREnet! Now staff approved, should be pretty darn kewl. I will keep this thread updated on progress.

For those who don't know, any information can be transmitted via intOREnet, assuming it follows some set standards.
  • Packets must be numbered. Due to routing, packets may not arrive in the order they were sent in.
  • Packets must all use the same addressing standards. See the really long post on page 4 for more details.
  • The data must must not exceed 4 bytes.
Any device built by anyone can be connected to local LANs, but it must follow the standards. The speed will be the fastest possible in minecraft, at 10bps (bits per second), and there will be a 1 second delay for every 160 metres (blocks) the signal travels, minus that caused by the routers/switches.

I would also like a list of people who a) don't mind the connection wires under their plot, b) who dont mind one of the switches under their plots, and c) who want to be connected to the intOREnet. There is now a public poll for this (Public polls are where people can see what each person voted for. If you check both "I want intOREnet" and "I don't want intOREnet", I have no choice to ignore it unless you rectify it at a later date, in the thread or in game.). Thanks to all those who have already allowed the construction of the network on some ore all of their plots! <3

Edit: May I add that you can invent your own protocols, as long as it follows the standards.

Edit 2: Naturally, if you have a switch, you have to have wires, and if you are connected, you need a switch and wires (not to mention a hub!)

THIS IS OUTDATED! PLEASE SEE https://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=9174

RE: intOREnet - Nickster258 - 01-26-2015

At the moment staff has agreed that the 2x2 plot granted to you is the current limit of the network.

The staff are currently talking about the eligibility of expanding it onto more plots.

RE: intOREnet - Legofreak - 01-26-2015

so, how are you getting around the chunk loading issues now?

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 08:35 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: 2x2 plot granted to you

I think you'll find that those are not my plots. They belong to crazy.

Yes, I am being pedantic. But a 2x2 plot isn't big enough for a whole internet, and I think it would be really cool. The 2x2 plot is just a LAN that crazy is building, connecting CPUs together.

Seriously, some of these inactive peeps literally no one has even heard of.

(01-26-2015, 09:17 PM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: so, how are you getting around the chunk loading issues now?

Pistons at chunk borders load the chunk they point into, but not for long enough. We now have inverted pistons too Big Grin

Have a look at the edge of my plot for the prototype.

RE: intOREnet - Chibill - 01-26-2015

how big are the data lines?
like pics please...

(01-26-2015, 11:09 PM)Chibill Wrote: how big are the data lines?
like pics please...

At the moment, pretty big, but I could easily make it smaller. I'll post some pics once I have done so.

RE: intOREnet - Crazyninja2000 - 01-26-2015

omfg slug. 2x2 plot is more the big enoug, saying that i can fit about 8 of my CPUs on one plot. people are welcome to connect there own CPUs. A map wide network is just ridiculous, the staff have been nice enough to give us some designated plots. I might expand the are if a ton of people want to be in the local network.

RE: intOREnet - Nuuppanaani - 01-26-2015

I have hard time seeing the advantage of having a map wide networks versus the 2x2 plot one you're already permitted to build.

chibill, this is as small as I could get them, that's a 1 chunk section of a wire. There will be 2 wires most likely.

[Image: sH8IvXQ.png]

It's not about use, its about incredible awesomeness. Also, nuup, what use is a CPU in MC?

If you're going to say "well, we build it and know how it works irl", then why does that not apply to an internet?

(01-26-2015, 11:24 PM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: give us

May I remind you that those are *your* plots, and that is actually separate from my project. You said it yourself, in chat.

RE: intOREnet - Crazyninja2000 - 01-27-2015

(01-26-2015, 11:50 PM)slugdude Wrote: chibill, this is as small as I could get them, that's a 1 chunk section of a wire. There will be 4 wires.

[Image: sH8IvXQ.png]

It's not about use, its about incredible awesomeness. Also, nuup, what use is a CPU in MC?

If you're going to say "well, we build it and know how it works irl", then why does that not apply to an internet?

(01-26-2015, 11:24 PM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: give us

May I remind you that those are *your* plots, and that is actually separate from my project. You said it yourself, in chat.

first of all, i broke off from the project becuz a map wide network is ridiculous. first, we were going to use insta wire that lagged just as much and was faster(instantly faster). second, i thought you got that new plot next to me so that you could be connect to my local network? a local network is faster, easier, and less laggy.