Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor (/thread-5442.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Legofreak - 02-04-2015

I just tried this for the first time... fast wires work really well to split the same signal to multiple places at the same time. but you probably already knew this.

[Image: hex%20spliter_zps5b5glidk.png]

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - LordDecapo - 02-04-2015

Nice nice. Now finish this xD and add your calculator to it, you have the display stuff done, almost it seems, so I wouldn't see it being TOO hard to modify and add maths to the word processor

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Apocryphan - 02-04-2015

Lol if only it were that simple as plugging it together, im working on the shifter array for the pointer so i can connect the controller and program all the different jumps, and a calc on this wouldnt be too hard i think.

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - LordDecapo - 02-04-2015

Lol Ikr? If only stuff was that easy xD
I just would love this (I already love it but ya) more then ever if it not only was analog and 15 segment displays, but u could do maths too.

Btw... what would u think about hooking that up to my IizR13 CPU? I can send 16 bits of data per 8 ticks to it Via serial.. then it could be a massive and fast terminal Big Grin

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Apocryphan - 02-04-2015

I'd be honored. That may actually motivate me to apply to the build server.

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Apocryphan - 02-05-2015

How big should i make my display? 16 x 16 is the largest with my current array.

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Apocryphan - 02-06-2015

here is the shifters for the pointers and to track the end of each line so you can jump to the end or front or move forward or back in increments of any analog signal, the each line will have these 2 adjustable memory cells, here's the trick... the top memory adjusts the range of the bottom. and when you adjust the top it will adjust the bottom also, bottom one is your pointer, it will tell the signal where to shift the memory to make room for the incoming signal and will also lead the new signal to that cell, the top memory cell will trigger the proper shift depending on how it moves, I use a falling and rising signal strength detector to trigger them. the space trigger will move all the memory cells to the right of the pointer to shift 1 to the right, and delete will shift the memory cell that's 1 to the left of the pointer into a blocked cell and shift all cells to the right of it left 1. I may need to add another memory cell to hold the gate for the new signals but they are only 14 comparators per line and then i will use one to control which vertical line.

[Image: Xldluts.png]

[Image: oWwc4vW.png]

[Image: 4nvOSBU.png]

I may have used some instant wire for triggering the space and delete shifts, but the pointer still has a small delay spanning it, i think i may move it all to the middle and just make the shifters look like a spline, there is a 2 block gap between each line of memory for the wires to the pointer display to fit through and the delete shift wire too.

(02-04-2015, 08:07 AM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: I just tried this for the first time... fast wires work really well to split the same signal to multiple places at the same time. but you probably already knew this.

[Image: hex%20spliter_zps5b5glidk.png]

[Image: OqRKTUM.png]

only slightly? lol

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - LordDecapo - 02-06-2015

(02-04-2015, 10:14 PM)Apocryphan Wrote: I'd be honored. That may actually motivate me to apply to the build server.

Why have you not? XD I pretty much garentee u are skilled enough.

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Apocryphan - 02-09-2015

Semi Off Topic post: Something relevant and something that should be common knowledge.

Rising and Falling Signal Strength Detector
This will be used to trigger whether the memory gets bumped forward or back, yellow will pulse when the signal increases and orange will pulse when it decreases. hopper contains 1 stackable item.

[Image: dQhDz1Z.png]

Something to remember. You don't always need a container to hard code a SS value.

[Image: Izym8Mc.png]

You can pull a signal from a container through a block that is powered as long as its' value isn't 15.

[Image: fYtt5Fy.png]

[Image: bca6EZS.png]

But you can run a power of 15 over a hopper without crossing.

[Image: XNjsAtF.png]

locking a repeater with a comparator will not produce the normal Bar across a repeater but it will still lock it with a value as little as 1.

[Image: qePJNx5.png]

Using signal manipulation you can greatly reduce lag for piston trains by changing it from an on/off 1 tick pulse to an alternating 14/15 pulse, so only the end wires will flash, this also makes it easy to carry by inverting.

[Image: S5SNDyC.png]

[Image: JCoHUB7.png]

And just to jump back on topic, my favorite character on my rom is...

[Image: 4DcNRyY.png]

RE: Some Hexadecimal Components I've been making for a word processor - Chibill - 02-09-2015

Cool stuff. Might need to use this in my ACD system .