Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Unacceptable. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Unacceptable. (/thread-4028.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Unacceptable. - tyler569 - 07-13-2014

(07-13-2014, 01:55 PM)Guy1234567890 Wrote: Also, adding the rank of moderator does not seem like a good idea to me for several reasons: Back when we had foremen and admins, there often was a blurring of the lines between the two ranks. One foreman who may be a capable server admin would be given permission on ssh and then the other foremen would begin to push for permissions beyond their rank. This eventually led to the consolidation of admin and foreman into staff.

I don't think this is relevant, to me that sounds like a mismanagement of the moderator rank, I assure you, if I have any influence, no one would *ever* get a permission their rank didn't entitle them to.

I believe the extreme support this has gotten from the community means it warrants a try, I will make clear to anyone who gets mod that if the experiment fails they will drop back to member.

RE: Unacceptable. - Guy1234567890 - 07-14-2014

(07-13-2014, 09:51 PM)tyler569 Wrote:
(07-13-2014, 01:55 PM)Guy1234567890 Wrote: Also, adding the rank of moderator does not seem like a good idea to me for several reasons: Back when we had foremen and admins, there often was a blurring of the lines between the two ranks. One foreman who may be a capable server admin would be given permission on ssh and then the other foremen would begin to push for permissions beyond their rank. This eventually led to the consolidation of admin and foreman into staff.

I don't think this is relevant, to me that sounds like a mismanagement of the moderator rank, I assure you, if I have any influence, no one would *ever* get a permission their rank didn't entitle them to.

I believe the extreme support this has gotten from the community means it warrants a try, I will make clear to anyone who gets mod that if the experiment fails they will drop back to member.

The added permissions were not of my own doing, since I clearly opposed them. Keep in mind that you are not the only one in charge: it's not always the case that actions are discussed with the entire staff team before they are executed.

Quote:That may have worked then but it's clear that the current system is falling apart. A noticeable amount of time the server only has 0-2 people on. The way to solve your issue would be to have clear guidelines on what admins and foremen have the permission to do or not do.

I didn't say that the consolidation of the ranks was a success Tongue

RE: Unacceptable. - Guy1234567890 - 07-14-2014

Oh I should mention that I'm not opposed to change: I just wanted to give some input as to what has and hasn't worked in the past

RE: Unacceptable. - greatgamer34 - 07-15-2014

Now if i remember correctly, me being an asshole was all part of getting people who don't want to take the time to apply correctly out of the way fast. When new people join the server i wholeheartedly welcomed them. Very rarely am i busy and cannot deal with a new visitor. And i usually direct them to the forums instantly.
(random symbols guy)
Quote:Another issue is the lack of communication between users and staff. In fact, even in the staff there is a divide between the staff who "run" the server/plugins (i.e. xeo, mort) and those who don't (greatgamer, DJ8X, etc.) I feel like much of the server/plugins staff see the users as completely unable to ever participate in the server running process.

Im not really the guy to be doing plugins and stuff like that. I stick to forum/build/school moderation.

*edit*
I have been offline for about 2 days, i just found this!

RE: Unacceptable. - jxu - 07-18-2014

You have known about this for quite a while, but you still refuse to change great

RE: Unacceptable. - Guy1234567890 - 07-19-2014

'Being an asshole' is never an option

RE: Unacceptable. - Ntwede - 08-05-2014

It might be wise to replace me with a more capable staff, especially becuase I am very likely the least active staff member.