Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: MCsim (pre-alpha release) (/thread-1606.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - CX gamer - 07-21-2014

Made a video showing off the state of the time controls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K73J2niPMQk

There's still a weird bug happening:

[Image: DMF1Rmf.png]

Thinking that the correct order of updates may not be properly preserved when saving and loading them.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - Chibill - 07-21-2014

It might be a actual minecraft bug...... The Directional stuff.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - CX gamer - 07-21-2014

Partly. If works consistently if I activate them with the same block:

[Image: DlpgkNK.png]

But when I first place a block, it generates a timeline until it finds no changes any more after ticking. When placing another block, the schematic of that point in the timeline is loaded, with that, also the planned ticks. I think that when loading them that way doesn't preserve the order/directionality, as you say.

So I must now find out the extra stuff I need to do to load the state exactly as at that time. But it should work consistently when it's fixed on my end.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - Chibill - 07-21-2014

Okay. And I am working on a hot loading system so it can load any MC version maybe with a selector on my Fork. Because that would be cool.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - CX gamer - 07-24-2014

Yes that would be sweet indeed! Big Grin

In the meantime, I found the bug, and it was entirely on my end. I want to make an interface to highlight the blocks that are planned for updating, but for now I mapped them out manually. Enjoy the info graphic!

[Image: 1CmozJr.png]

EDIT: I'm not sure if I measured the block updates in the previous graphic wrong, that it's random, or if I fixed it by testing, but this is the case at the moment:

[Image: LMBRtyh.png]

So I'm loading them back in in the bad order. Oh and please ignore the actual schematic, I just drew it as reference, the redstone blocks aren't there in the good version.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - Chibill - 07-25-2014

Okay. And also my deobusfactor no longer works as of the latest snapshot so yeah.... I have to fix that too. I should make a thread for my deobusfactor.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - CX gamer - 07-25-2014

Yes you should! Got some ideas of my own that I will post there. Big Grin

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - jxu - 07-25-2014

(07-24-2014, 07:55 PM)CX gamer Wrote: Yes that would be sweet indeed! Big Grin

In the meantime, I found the bug, and it was entirely on my end. I want to make an interface to highlight the blocks that are planned for updating, but for now I mapped them out manually. Enjoy the info graphic!

[Image: 1CmozJr.png]

EDIT: I'm not sure if I measured the block updates in the previous graphic wrong, that it's random, or if I fixed it by testing, but this is the case at the moment:

[Image: LMBRtyh.png]

So I'm loading them back in in the bad order. Oh and please ignore the actual schematic, I just drew it as reference, the redstone blocks aren't there in the good version.

10/10 visuals

amazing graphics you should do this for a living

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - CX gamer - 07-25-2014

Thanks! Now I should note that I tested it some more, and it appears that even when nothing is ticked, the same problem occurs. So now the blame shifts once more. Also reworking the timeline a bit and the end button is going to disappear, since it's hard to define.

RE: Redstone lab (Open source) - Chibill - 07-27-2014

Cx I can get it so it does not need you to copy the stuff from .minecraft by using the way MC gets the .json file for library and then downloading them. And using a simple check you can stop it from redownloading every time.