Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: MCsim (pre-alpha release) (/thread-1606.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - Chibill - 06-05-2014

Cool!

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - CX gamer - 06-09-2014

Today, I made the block selection window, also controlled by an XML:

[Image: i7pJVTn.png]

It also contains information about rotating components and right clicking components. The reason that the wire is "..." is because it's the only block that's drawn procedurally. This is because I did not want to draw and load 80 images.

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - jxu - 06-29-2014

No idea if CXGamer still updates this, but do you mind making this open source? I (and probably other users) would like to check out the code and maybe fork and contribute ;D

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - CX gamer - 07-02-2014

Yeah man still here, have been gaming quite a bit, so not much more progress has been done. The last thing I was working on was the time controls with rewind functionality.

Now that in the latest snapshot the metadata is completely gone, a lot of aspects of the simulator are currently out of date. I also don't think there's much point in updating to the snapshots before MCP updates, since pretty much everything is linked to it, so it would mean double work. So for now, it's mainly GUI.

To respond to your question, yes! I was planning to make this open-source. The reason it isn't yet, is because the simulation required minecraft's libraries for some reason, and rather than dynamically linking them or so, I just copied those. So in its current state, I can't legally make it open-source. But now I'm smarted than I was when I did that, so I'll try again. Since you asked, I'll put that right at the top of my pile.

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - Chibill - 07-03-2014

I am working on a program to find the class obusfcation of most classesofthe snap shots or anything past 1.7.

It can help you update.

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - CX gamer - 07-03-2014

Yes, I knew that, that would be really awesome. How does its usage work exactly, though? The most useful way would be to generate MCP(-like) conf files, I think. If I would statically bind every method, class and field, then the sim would become version dependent, so it needs to be some kind of hotswappable file.

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - Chibill - 07-04-2014

Mine has its own conf files it uses to discover the files when i run it to get the MCP(-like) Mappings but my problem is that i have not yet worked on the Function discovery or Field discovery systems. I all so have a second program that i am working on that fines the Functions and classes mappings based on the differences using python's ndiff function.

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - CX gamer - 07-04-2014

Alright cool! I'm fine with using 2 different formats, but I would like them to have the same names, at least. Still, if your works with future releases and MCP doesn't, I would prefer your system above MCP, if it had everything I needed.

For reference, here's what I'm using: http://pastebin.com/n9bz3awv

Its weakness is that can't distinguish between methods of the same name. For example there are 2 methods called "load" in methods.csv, one with comments for MCP and one that doesn't. I use that to call a specific method. Sometimes, though, there are multiple methods with the same name with no comment, like readFromNBT. In those cases, I may need to call them manually like with the 3 within the link above.

The problem is that MCP is made to translate from obfuscated to deobfuscated, and what I'm doing is the other way around. So if your format doesn't have that problem, it will be superior for my cause. Big Grin

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - Chibill - 07-04-2014

Well my program used to make MCP like mappings. the mappings that I have to manually make to discover the files are MCP names like readNBT not the srg names like func020002a. So about the format the mappings that are MCP like follow there Same system. But I would suggest using MCP till I can get mine to find methods and variables. As of right now it only supports finding the classes.

RE: Redstone lab (Functional release) - CX gamer - 07-05-2014

Well alright, thanks for the heads up! Smile Prepping everything up to go open source. Big Grin