Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
build is fixed - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: build is fixed (/thread-9143.html)

Pages: 1 2

build is fixed - PabloDons - 01-17-2016

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will roll back the build server about 1 month (22 of December). Apologies from the staff team.

for anyone wondering why this happened, here is the general gist of it:
It started with someone doing a huge worldedit. Not too bad, right? Has happened before. Now when we went to undo it, something got corrupted and the world failed. Voltz, Lord, Nick, Chibill and me where working together to try to identify the problem. Unfortunately we where unable to open it at all and was completely unaware of what caused this corruption or where it was. I had luckily made a backup that is being uploaded right this moment. Unfortunately, due to my poor internet, it will take a considerable amount of hours to restore this backup. We will still be working to identify the corruption and hopefully tackle it, but until then this backup will have to do.

Thanks for your patience, we will be up and running tomorrow hopefully.

(01-17-2016, 09:39 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: Build has been restored.

Me and nick worked together to restore the problems that arose and we succeeded. everything is back to how it was

RE: build is being rolled back a month - Nickster258 - 01-17-2016

Due to this I have already started on a smart backup system to prevent such happenings again.

And yes, the person who did it will be facing some harsh punishments.

RE: build is being rolled back a month - Chibill - 01-17-2016

I am currently trying to recover as much as the old map as possible so anyone that did stuff between then and now you still have hope.

RE: build is being rolled back a month - Hastumer - 01-17-2016

How about making an incident/ban post or whatever about it? Because I will only check forums, haven't got much time in the next week.

Okay, so here's my idea: Maybe you don't need to do a rollback, as it's a quarter plot that is affected, right at the world border (corner). If we could find out the mca file, you can just delete that one. I'm currently doing tests on my singleplayer world, or you can even do it with MCEdit.

Well hamster to even load the file I had to load it on a modified server (o e where enchantment t tablets do not exist) and mcedit crashes trying to load it. So yeah. I will be giving the rest of the staff team what I can get in the morning. The server crashing over and over was not nice to spawn.

so to download the server you need to open it? That literally makes no sense.

We can open the files just fine but Minecraft can't. Not even mcedit. I managed to try and save most of it with a modified server.

RE: build is being rolled back a month - zSwifty - 01-17-2016

PERM BAN HIM, or just temp and demote

RE: build is being rolled back a month - Apuly - 01-17-2016

Hasn't some wank on the internet made a script to fix this kind of shit?
Would be surprised if it doesn't exist somewhere.