Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
[Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF (/thread-7256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 01-18-2017

Yeah. I would host for some of us to have a game but my internet is so shit I can't (unless I do it while at school off my laptop.)

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 01-18-2017

We could have a little game with the admins. ?

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - jxu - 01-20-2017

Well NAIL is already about 4 years old, but there are plenty of other maps. We could do NAIL for nostalgia.
If everything goes well I will have access to a decently powerful server, so I may be able to host games (assuming I will still be active in the ORE community, which is not guaranteed Sad )

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 01-20-2017

I also revamped the map for 1.11 (did some rebalancing)

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - newomaster - 01-26-2017

(01-15-2017, 07:08 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: I'm kinda suprised there was no mention of our minor rivalry between TheVoxelBox before they died. Also we used to have PvP matches of NAIL (really old map) hosted by Alex or someone. Here's an album I compiled of old screenshots. I have many great memories of this server and I used to spend maybe 2-8 hours online every day (mostly AFK or chatting). You can see how active our server used to be (12 or more people was the norm) and the old users I used to talk a lot with. 

https://imgur.com/a/LKM3I 240+ screenshots from 2012-2015 with brief comments.

Featured:

- Old players and kinda cringey chats (Virt, Red, Newo, and others)
- My trial
- My RDF and ORE plots, including my tunnel system red dug out
- PROP (come back pls)
- Lots of people's plots, including Newo
- Survival CPU and iterations of MethLab
- The origins of ORE as an experimental alternative to RDF
- Me when I was younger and cuter instead of bitter sad me now

Thanks for this. Seriously xD. It's 2 am and I have class tomorrow, but this took me down a long memory trip. Thanks for including a crapton of my stuff xD, including projects I built on random other people's plots (sudoku, my tetris project I never finished, various cpus) (I feel like I built on other people's plots almost more than I did my own...). Also, that full conversation we had about the usefulness of redstone in real life seems almost prophetic now... I'm feeling my redstone experience help me every day now that I'm in college.

I have some screenshots as well, but they are on my old computer, which got moved with the rest of my stuff when my family moved to California (I'm in Minnesota right now). I'll post them someday in the future.

I'll quote my rdf scientist self (I dunno how long ago this was exactly, many years probs): "weird conversations are what we do" - newomaster
I think that still holds true today.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 01-26-2017

I would post stuff from my first days on the RDF but that was long ago wiped because of a MOD install gone wrong...

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - EEVV - 01-27-2017

Pretty cool history :')

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - himehowareu - 03-13-2017

Hello people Smile 
long time no see, I have been busy with life for quite some time now ...[Image: c4b8667f421fe6004d7292a91c8cdf7c.jpg]

does anyone remember when i introduced serial to the server (during my trail RDF)  
ps those games of nail were awesome

I am hoping to get make into mine craft with you guys
Chibill has been begging me to put some time into the game so i'll see you online tomorrow

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - qwerasd205 - 03-15-2017

(08-04-2015, 12:48 PM)Halflife390 Wrote: THE MELON TOASTER.

On ORE only about a month or 2 ago, I discovered the "Builders Lounge" area of the server. My friend came on the server (hes not a member and isn't really that into redstone). We decided for no apparent reason to make a giant roller coaster/minecart track using melons and we decided to call it the Melon Toaster (A pun of Melon Coaster and Toaster Coaster). Before we knew it, my friend, who's not even a builder on the server, managed to get me and Qwerasd to build this giant coaster for him (as a visitor he could not build, only ride) and even managed to grab the attention of everyone on the server at the time (at least 10 ppl) so much everyone was there including all the admins and mods just too see what all the commotion was about. It was so funny!

Even funnier though is that the finished coaster is actually really good, its bloody giant and takes at least 5 mins to transverse the whole thing!
I remember that!

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - qwerasd205 - 03-15-2017

(08-05-2015, 03:38 PM)MagicalGentleman Wrote: oh yeah we signposted the statue xD

and to list everyone from the picture, it's me, nickster, apuly, crazyninja2000, tuchi, LordDecapo, PabloDons and aero.

You left me out in that list ;-;