Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Official IRC OREBot - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Official IRC OREBot (/thread-6955.html)

Pages: 1 2

Official IRC OREBot - PabloDons - 07-06-2015

I am happy to announce that there will be a new official IRC bot nicked "OREBot" mainly made by me. NonemuNinja has been very helpful providing a github for the bot and creating a config file as well as working on a plugin API soon to be used.

This bot is similar to the old official bot, but will come with an official thread called OREBot suggestion and contribution thread where people can suggest features and soon be able to create their own scripts to be run by the bot (This is where the plugin API comes in). Details can be found that thread where you can also find the source code.

RE: Official IRC OREBot - PabloDons - 07-07-2015

It has come to my attention that there have been incidents where large expressions sent to the bot through !calc would crash it. It seems that because of the way expressions are calculated, the bot doesn't raise an overflow error. Because of this I have been forced to ban the use of power "**" and limited the digit length of individual numbers to 6 digits. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am currently trying to find a way to avoid large equations from crashing the bot. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the OREBot suggestion and contribution thread

RE: Official IRC OREBot - Chibill - 07-07-2015

If you can convert it to using Decimal that crash at to large of number can be fixed.

RE: Official IRC OREBot - Apuly - 07-08-2015

Copy all the features from my bot.
It would actually become a usefull bot by doing that.

RE: Official IRC OREBot - Nickster258 - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 09:46 AM)Apuly Wrote: Copy all the features from my bot.

+1 because of the old OREBot teaching features.

RE: Official IRC OREBot - Apuly - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 01:00 PM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 09:46 AM)Apuly Wrote: Copy all the features from my bot.

+1 because of the old OREBot teaching features.

I'm not talking about that bot.
I'm talking about my current bot.
The one that lists the players on all servers.
The one that searches the forums.
The one that has the plot database of the old map integrated.
The usefull bot.

RE: Official IRC OREBot - PabloDons - 07-08-2015

I'll happily work with you to attempt to integrate thos features into the bot. I obviously can't just take your bot and make it official. This is why we have an ORE suggestion and contribution thread

RE: Official IRC OREBot - jxu - 07-09-2015

(07-07-2015, 06:56 PM)PabloDons Wrote: Because of this I have been forced to ban the use of power "**" and limited the digit length of individual numbers to 6 digits. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am currently trying to find a way to avoid large equations from crashing the bot.

Wow that'll show 'em :/

Effective security practices 10/10

RE: Official IRC OREBot - Apuly - 07-13-2015

(07-07-2015, 06:56 PM)PabloDons Wrote: Because of this I have been forced to ban the use of power "**" and limited the digit length of individual numbers to 6 digits. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am currently trying to find a way to avoid large equations from crashing the bot.

I remember malc origionally avoided this problem by having each calculation start a new thread, which dies after a pre-determened amount of time. You could consider just implementing that.

RE: Official IRC OREBot - tokumei - 07-17-2015

A new OREBot has recently been released! If you find any issues or have a feature idea, you can submit a ticket. If you want to browse the source code or become a contributor, we have a repository on GitHub.