Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
New Mods and Administrative elections. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: New Mods and Administrative elections. (/thread-6475.html)

Pages: 1 2

New Mods and Administrative elections. - LordDecapo - 05-12-2015

[Fixed my wording]

It has come to my attention that a few of you are unhappy with the newest Moderator appointment. 
(This thread: https://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=6474)

As many of you know, before Nickster became staff in the last election. We had a lot of staff members, many of which were very very inactive. This inactivity is a poison to an administrative environment. Which is why nick pushed for the Vets to step down to either Vets or Maintainers. After this mass exodus of the staff team, we were worn very thin. It was essentially just Nick, Nuup and I and that was it...

Nick then decided to push for 1.8 and began spear heading the development of such with the help of several members who you can find the names of in the gray moon of credit in spawn, and we thank you dearly for your assistance.

After the release of 1.8.3 we started getting flooded with Applications for school server for a brief period and had a plethora of issues come up after the full implementation of said update. This required some additional help. 

Given the time frame that the old elections have taken up we agreed, after a fair amount of talk in the Admin Slack chat, that we needed more people sooner rather then later.  A few of us nominated people and spoke of the options of what we can do to solve the issue. Of that, came the appointment of Pablo and Magical to Mod. With the agreement that we would hold a new election in the coming future, in which we will allow people to vote One of the current Moderators into the Admin position. As well as vote 1 or 2 Builders to join the Moderators.

In this election we planned to allow users to vote for there #1 and #2 favorite Mods PLUS a write-in name of there choosing. I would weigh the write-ins as a median between the #1 and #2 votes. Users would also be able to nominate and vote on 1 or 2 new moderators.

I am aware the appointment of Pab and Mag was abrupt and caught many people off guard, and i apologize. But given the amount of assistance/maturity they have shown and the effort given, we decided on them. We planned to still give the community a chance to elect new staff members, but we needed some help ASAP. 

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - jxu - 05-13-2015

(05-12-2015, 10:50 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: As well as vote 1 or 2 Mods to join the Moderators.
??

Also vote jess and prop

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - LordDecapo - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 04:41 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 10:50 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: As well as vote 1 or 2 Mods to join the Moderators.
??

Also vote jess and prop

What?.... [EDIT.. lawls... I'm special nuup got me to see my specialNess on that one]

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - Hastumer - 05-15-2015

Well, I thought a long time about which to take. But I think, Pablo is the man for it. Also what's with slug as Mod?

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - Konstacon - 05-16-2015

The 1.8 belation reminds me of RDF. Ahh, the good old days.

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - slugdude - 05-17-2015

(05-12-2015, 10:50 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: even Slug helped a bit 

You sound surprised that I helped. I am offended by this.

Also, I almost singlehandedly changed spawn from an eight-armed shell to a unique building full of ORE flavour. Little more than a bit. Well, at least you but a capitol letter for "Slug".

#MyMiniRantIsNowOver

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - PabloDons - 05-18-2015

I made the globe though ^.^

but seriously though, slug did contribute tremendously with the spawn. Although "even slug helped..." was probably not meant as slug interpreted it.

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - slugdude - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 10:41 AM)PabloDons Wrote: I made the globe though ^.^

(05-17-2015, 10:49 PM)slugdude Wrote: almost singlehandedly

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - LordDecapo - 05-19-2015

(05-18-2015, 07:28 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 10:41 AM)PabloDons Wrote: I made the globe though ^.^

(05-17-2015, 10:49 PM)slugdude Wrote: almost singlehandedly

Whoops, didn't mean for it to come off that way... meant like a lot of ppl helped, not just a couple.
I fixed the wording

RE: New Mods and Administrative elections. - PabloDons - 05-19-2015

fail lord, let me fix it for you xD