Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) (/thread-6189.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - tokumei - 05-10-2015

Big update: The command system is now considered complete. It comes packaged with essential commands and the ability for the end user to create his own. Now he needs a stable way to do so - let's start developing the plugin system! Big Grin

(NOTE: Any and all parts of the bot API and implementation are subject to change. Many architectural changes were made in this update and many more will probably come with the development of the plugin system. Develop at your own caution!)

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - tokumei - 05-11-2015

Okay, I've made a plugin loader that loads from the plugins/ directory. Instead of having a plugin.yml like Bukkit plugins, it uses a single entry in the JAR's manifest for the plugin class. Everything else is configured in code, including its name and the commands that it creates. Plugins are also allowed to load other plugins, which I may abstract into a dependency system.

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - slugdude - 05-11-2015

(04-18-2015, 03:00 AM)NonemuNinja Wrote: [Image: OHYQy4b.png?1]

This looks seriously cool, more complete than any other bot I've seen.

Also +1 for Ubuntu

<3 Ubuntu.

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - jxu - 05-12-2015

well that's because most bots don't have UIs, that would be a client then?

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - tokumei - 05-12-2015

Not necessarily... That user interface was more of a graphical command line. Also, please note:

(04-18-2015, 07:35 PM)NonemuNinja Wrote: I've purged the code of all UI elements

slugdude Wrote:complete

It is far from complete. I've had to fully redesign its backend since that screenshot was taken.

A mini-update: The Bukkit API has been monumental in helping me develop the plugin system. It shares a very similar architecture to Bukkit plugins; however, they are loaded in a slightly different way. I plan on finalizing the plugin API over the next couple of days, then extensive bot testing will begin.

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - Chibill - 05-12-2015

So bukkit is a good learning source for plugin systems!

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - tokumei - 05-12-2015

It does have a great example of class loading from jars outside of the classpath.

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - slugdude - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 02:54 PM)NonemuNinja Wrote:
slugdude Wrote:complete

It is far from complete. I've had to fully redesign its backend since that screenshot was taken.

I didn't mean complete in terms of progress, I meant complete as in more features - a more complete feature palette.

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - tokumei - 05-31-2015

It's been a loooong time since I've had a post-worthy update, but here it is: Plugin loading is working!
I've been sidetracked by a lot of other small details and problems that have arisen, but I've finally gotten the bot to load and run plugins from JAR files. This is a big milestone for the bot, but a lot of testing is left to make sure there are no issues with the code.

I've also started working on the official ORE integration plugin. It will allow players logged in to ORE servers to execute bot commands and will provide commands that may be useful for ORE members.

RE: ChatNinja (IRC chatbot) - fluffy406 - 06-01-2015

(05-31-2015, 07:33 PM)NonemuNinja Wrote: It's been a loooong time since I've had a post-worthy update, but here it is: Plugin loading is working!
I've been sidetracked by a lot of other small details and problems that have arisen, but I've finally gotten the bot to load and run plugins from JAR files. This is a big milestone for the bot, but a lot of testing is left to make sure there are no issues with the code.

I've also started working on the official ORE integration plugin. It will allow players logged in to ORE servers to execute bot commands and will provide commands that may be useful for ORE members.

when it gonna be finished Big Grin