Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress (/thread-5767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 03-25-2015

Yeeeaaahhh.... No voxelsniper. Never was never will.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Xray_Doc - 03-26-2015

Voxelsniper is better for minecraft aesthetics creations. Everything you need redstone creations for you can use WE.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 03-29-2015

I have found a way to display AFK players in the tab list. The auto-afk time right now is 5 minutes. There is currently no auto-kick time for AFK players yet, but I may make that one hour to allow people to be AFK but not AFK for an extended amount of time.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 03-29-2015

1 hour is too short to be honest, I am pretty sure you are a sleep and left your computer on if you've been afk for 3 hours. one hour is justified for taking a huge dump. just my opinion

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Magic :^) - 03-30-2015

Yeah go more than 1 hour. Sometimes i afk before getting food so i can read over chat after to see if i missed anything important

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Apuly - 03-30-2015

I feel like we shouldn't have the afk-kick on the build server. All it will do is get people to make anti-afk machines again.
You should just keep it at the tab-list afk thing.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - tyler569 - 03-30-2015

Curiosity - if you are taking a huge dump, why do you need to stay connected to the server exactly? Is it *that* much of a hardship to press 2 buttons and rejoin?

I say make the autokick 10 minutes and lazy ass people can suck it the fuck up.

EDIT: if you *must* know what happend while you're gone, IRC. /EDIT

As for anti-afk machines, there's a reason we have rules and make them against them.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 03-30-2015

There are methods of anti-afk prevention. Be it plugins or rules.

I think that if a user does not move for more than one hour he/she should not be on at all. I've added the ~AFK suffix in 1.8 so that people see who is AFK.

Nothing is more disheartening than entering a new server, say "hello" to the 12 users online and get a reply from the 3 people who are not AFK.

There will be an auto-kick time. For now, it will remain one hour. The auto-afk time is currently 5 minutes.

Sometimes when I'm playing or doing something else I have minecraft on my second monitor, just watching it. I have added another feature that will help against those who aren't exactly AFK, but just aren't paying attention to the game.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - LordDecapo - 03-30-2015

Being the biggest culprit of being AFK for prolonged periods... I am actually 100% for AFK kicks and the tab menu ~AFK.

As Tyler mentioned, it sucks joining and realizing the people u wanted to talk to.. are ALL afk..
I liked the hour long time as before, I kinda wouldn't mind a 30 min. Timer.... but as nick does, I have MC open on a 2nd monitor, and I have 3 screens total, so I spend a fair amount of time watching chat while doing other things.. and 30 min would be to frequent for my likeing when those situations arise.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 03-30-2015

Just a side note: OP users, most staff and some vets, cannot be auto-kicked.