Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress (/thread-5767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 02-11-2015

Release date: Tuesday, April 7th, 2015

Due to the controversial demand of getting ORE updated to 1.8, I have started work on making the 1.8 compatible version of ORE!

This will be run via spigot and our hopes is to cut down on our custom plugin, OREUtils, and rely more on other plugins with a bigger base and greater support. We are wanting to do this because at the moment we are not only an administrative team but also a plugin developer. Limiting this to being an administrative team will allow us to focus on what is best, maintaining the community.

Due to the inclusion of PlotMeSquared, updating will require a map reset, on both worlds. There will be a time where we have the ORE map loaded so that people could copy over their builds they would like to work on and such, but a map reset was inevitable with PlotMeSquared.

There is currently no proposed release date. Could be a week, could be a couple months, it depends on how well the development process goes and how demanding the community is on getting 1.8. There will be a time where the old maps are loaded in multi-verse and going to them to fetch old builds and copy them over to the new world.

If we see the development process going smoothly and find a time where all of the Staff team can get online to work together and get all of the servers updated to 1.8, we could then release a proposed release date for ORE 1.8 Servers. The servers will probably be offline for a day or so since working with such a big change is not going to be easy.

ORE Build ToDo:

Not Done
Done
  • Finalize permissionsex.
  • Setup a map backup plugin.
  • Setup HawkEye.
  • Finalize HawkEye.
  • Finalize PlotSquared.
  • Fix block orientation in WorldEdit with //rotate.
  • Allow upper-slabs back.
  • Setup PlotSquared world generator config.yml for the Build server.
  • Add permission nodes for each group.
  • Get PlotSquared to work.
  • Get PurpleIRC finalized.
  • Setup permissionsex prefixes, suffixes, and other visually appealing items.

ORE School ToDo:

Not Done
Done
  • Finalize permissionsex.
  • Get PurpleIRC finalized.
  • Setup a map backup plugin.
  • Develop a 1.8 compatible build of WorldEdit.
  • Setup HawkEye.
  • Finalize HawkEye.
  • Allow upper-slabs back.
  • Setup permissionsex prefixes, suffixes, and other visually appealing items.
  • Clean up the permissions tree for School.
  • Add permission nodes for each group.
  • Setup PlotSquared world generator config.yml for the School server.
  • Finalize PlotSquared.
  • Get PlotSquared to work.
Progress:
Feb 7, 2015:
- Started. Got PlotMe, and that was really it.

Feb 8, 2015:
- Installed essentials and multi-verse.

Feb 9, 2015:
- Got world edit build 6.0.2 to work!nvm
- Got build on the server and all player.dat is up to date since Feb 8, 2015.
- WorldEdit breaks with //rotate... The torches, pistons, and other orientation-reliant blocks also break, probably due to the block ID structure in 1.8 being so different.
- PurpleIRC works well also, connected to #OREServerChat without OREUtils and chatted fine with the rest of ORE while I was developing.

Feb 10, 2015:
- PlotMe is awesome. Already figured out pretty much everything for how plotme will work on school and on build. Build plots will not have the chunk markers, however, but other than that, it is practically the same. School, however, will most likely be a completely different stock plot with similar permissions.
- PlotMe also, apparently, disables briefing with slime block flying machines.
(Now using PlotSquared)
- Continued work on PurpleIRC, got it running even cleaner.

Feb 11, 2015:
- Further testing with PlotMe and further improvement on the PlotMe performance on the server.
- Divided the test server to be test servers for both Build and School.

Feb 12, 2015:
- Thanks to chibill, we have found a build of WorldEdit, 5.6.3, that works perfectly fine in 1.8!
- Also thanks to chibill, we now have our upside down slabs back! (In different types also!)
- Thanks to PabloDons for helping setup tons of permission nodes with builder and student group on the school server.
- Started work on spawn (Looks smexy so far)

Feb 13, 2015:  ooooo 2 spooky 5 me
- Further permission work from PabloDons.
- Further WorldEdit testing proved that WorldEdit works exactly as it did in 1.7.10!

Feb 14, 2015:
- Added details to spawn. Made it look neater and we are now 3/4 done with spawn.
- Fixed an issue we found with the sky by having the "dust-storm" in the distance removed.

Feb 15 - 18, 2015
- Fixed little issues with permissions and others.

Feb 19, 2015
- Replaced PlotMe with PlotSquared due to the increased features. Release will be delayed, but for good reason.
- Due to the inclusion of PlotSquared, we now have Dynamic map support. Dynamic map will replace the in game map on the build server and school server will have neither the in game map nor dynamic map.

Feb 20 - March 3, 2015
- Thanks to Pablo, who has been working on IRC, and the developer of PurpleIRC, Cnuade, we now have features added to PurpleIRC to distinguish servers from each other and to add more formatting features.
- Further exploration in PurpleIRC discovered that there is multiple features in PurpleIRC that will benefit the community. For one, server-side OPs can send commands to IRC to mute/kick/ban users. In IRC, people can not only private message others on the server, but also send specific commands to the server.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Below I would like for anyone to list any of his/her recommendations for ORE 1.8. Any recommendation that seems to not be a serious recommendation will be deleted without warning. I would like to keep this one of the most serious threads in the Announcements subforum because it is important that we update, and in a timely manner.

~Nickster258

Contributors:
Paulydboy:
- Fixing PlotMe.
- Helping tons with permissions.
PabloDons:
- Being both a permissions testificate and for helping add permissions nodes everywhere.
- Helped a lot with PurpleIRC. Worked with Cnuade to get features that would be specifically beneficial to ORE.
Nuupanaani:
- For helping figure out PurpleIRC.
Magazorb:
- For helping test PlotMe permissions and permissionsex permissions.
Chibill:
- Plugin development. Developing both /slab and rewriting the fun commands for java.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Chibill - 02-11-2015

I can work on the upside down slab thing. It should be simple enough.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 04:25 AM)Chibill Wrote: I can work on the upside down slab thing. It should be simple enough.

Thanks so much. Freeman thought of something such as "/halfslab" where every slab you place is 44:8 though the ID for it is 44. Type "/halfslab" again and it is reset.

I was going to make it give you a slab with a custom nbt data and catch block placements for that nbt data and place a upside down one.

(02-11-2015, 05:13 AM)Chibill Wrote: I was going to make it give you a slab with a custom nbt data and catch block placements for that nbt data and place a upside down one.

Either way works, as long as they can toggle the slabs and place them they are happy.

Okay. Should I make it a java plugin or python?

Java. The less reliances on other things the better.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 04:42 AM)Nickster258 Wrote: /halfslab
it's called a slab

As for world edit problem I can point you here http://youtrack.sk89q.com/issueMobile/WORLDEDIT-3220

Also made a topic in programing for my plugin to get upside down half slabs work and so if you need more things added (like implementing some of the funny commands.) I can just add it in.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - LordDecapo - 02-11-2015

I love all you programers xD I will be so upset if my top slabs wold have to be replaced with glowstone.
if my non-programming self can help, let me know.