Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet (/thread-5661.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 12:13 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 11:50 PM)slugdude Wrote: chibill, this is as small as I could get them, that's a 1 chunk section of a wire. There will be 4 wires.

<Image removed for space taken up reasons>

It's not about use, its about incredible awesomeness. Also, nuup, what use is a CPU in MC?

If you're going to say "well, we build it and know how it works irl", then why does that not apply to an internet?

(01-26-2015, 11:24 PM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: give us

May I remind you that those are *your* plots, and that is actually separate from my project. You said it yourself, in chat.

first of all, i broke off from the project becuz a map wide network is ridiculous. first, we were going to use insta wire that lagged just as much and was faster(instantly faster). second, i thought you got that new plot next to me so that you could be connect to my local network? a local network is faster, easier, and less laggy.

1. Can we please not turn this into a petty argument
2. Instawire caused me to crash
3. I like a challenge. People don't do things because they are easy.
4. Yes, that is the reason I moved my plot, but not the only.

RE: intOREnet - Magic :^) - 01-27-2015

guys who cares about speed anyways. We don't need to stream netflix on it or anything.

A working internet is fine, even if it's slow. It could be hooked up to word processors for email.

I think the intOREnet would create more interest in single chunk systems, so we can have devices to receive data while we're not online

RE: intOREnet - Chibill - 01-27-2015

I hate insta wire don't remake cross plot.

(01-27-2015, 04:14 AM)Chibill Wrote: I hate insta wire don't remake cross plot.

I'm not going to be using instawire.

Unfortunately, the network relies on the receiver being online, although please feel free to experiment.

RE: intOREnet - Frontrider - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 09:22 AM)slugdude Wrote: Unfortunately, the network relies on the receiver being online, although please feel free to experiment.

Why exactly the reciver needs to be loaded? (if the routing is not static. If dynamic, than i can understand.)

You might be able to increase speed if you use longer wires alongside the self chunk loading ones. tripwire can go for 40 blocks, if the persen is there than it will be faster.

(01-27-2015, 10:59 AM)Frontrider Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 09:22 AM)slugdude Wrote: Unfortunately, the network relies on the receiver being online, although please feel free to experiment.

Why exactly the reciver needs to be loaded? (if the routing is not static. If dynamic, than i can understand.)

You might be able to increase speed if you use longer wires alongside the self chunk loading ones. tripwire can go for 40 blocks, if the persen is there than it will be faster.

It has nothing to do with the routing, it's just that repeaters and torches freeze in unloaded chunks. I can make the wire load for long enough to transfer the signal, but not the routers/switches. As I stated in my first post, I haven't decided exactly how the addresses will work, it may end up nothing like real life IP addresses.

RE: intOREnet - Noah7545 - 01-28-2015

Once I know how the protocol works I would like to make a memory (file) server for this. I hope the project comes along!

RE: intOREnet - LordDecapo - 01-28-2015

Don't mine wires going under my plots, not my set of 3x3 area that took me forever to convince that many people to let me use there plot spaces to make that xD... that is near the edge of world, and will be super laggy anyway.

So if u want to put wires through my older plots with the mansion, walls, and older version of IizR That is fine, just not my 3x3 area xD

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 12:37 AM)Noah7545 Wrote: Once I know how the protocol works I would like to make a memory (file) server for this. I hope the project comes along!

The intOREnet is just a medium for signals to travel, you can invent your own protocol.

(01-28-2015, 06:17 AM)LordDecapo Wrote: Don't mine wires going under my plots, not my set of 3x3 area that took me forever to convince that many people to let me use there plot spaces to make that xD... that is near the edge of world, and will be super laggy anyway.

So if u want to put wires through my older plots with the mansion, walls, and older version of IizR That is fine, just not my 3x3 area xD

Ok

RE: intOREnet - Frontrider - 01-28-2015

(01-27-2015, 05:08 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 10:59 AM)Frontrider Wrote:

It has nothing to do with the routing, it's just that repeaters and torches freeze in unloaded chunks. I can make the wire load for long enough to transfer the signal, but not the routers/switches. As I stated in my first post, I haven't decided exactly how the addresses will work, it may end up nothing like real life IP addresses.

i know that you will need that wire.
i'm saying to use an alternative faster route if possible (the guy is on his plot and keeps it loaded). If not posible, use the self chunk loading one.