Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
event lists - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: event lists (/thread-4998.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

event lists - PabloDons - 11-01-2014

this is a great (pun intended) idea to have me list the individual events

all suggestions will be taken into consideration

Build-offs
  • compacting competition:
both players get an overly huge machine and they have limited time to make it as compact as possible.
  • fastest machine:
both players get specifications on what their machine is going to do and the winner builds the fastest one (by largest possible process time)

CPU programming competition:
The contestants are given a programming problem which they have to implement on a pre-built working cpu. Best program wins. (designer of CPU is disqualified, but is allowed to participate in deciding the program challenge and the winner)

python/java programming competition:
Contenders try to fix python plugins. Staff team would be happy to reward the winner

others
suggestions very welcome

RE: event lists - Xray_Doc - 11-01-2014

Best looking display for a device. Everyone gets the same device and they have to make a display and cover around it that appeals the most

RE: event lists - MelvinS4_ - 11-01-2014

Redstone cpu programming competition. The contestants are given a programming problem which they have to implement on a pre-built working cpu. Best program wins.

RE: event lists - PabloDons - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 07:14 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: Best looking display for a device. Everyone gets the same device and they have to make a display and cover around it that appeals the most
u jk, right? best looking diplay dafuq
(11-01-2014, 08:04 PM)MelvinS4_ Wrote: Redstone cpu programming competition. The contestants are given a programming problem which they have to implement on a pre-built working cpu. Best program wins.
nice idea, added

RE: event lists - greatgamer34 - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 09:24 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 07:14 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: Best looking display for a device. Everyone gets the same device and they have to make a display and cover around it that appeals the most
u jk, right? best looking diplay dafuq
(11-01-2014, 08:04 PM)MelvinS4_ Wrote: Redstone cpu programming competition. The contestants are given a programming problem which they have to implement on a pre-built working cpu. Best program wins.
nice idea, added

Whos building the CPU ( I guess i could build a simple 8 bit, but i would disqualify myself from the competition)?

RE: event lists - MelvinS4_ - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 09:52 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: Whos building the CPU ( I guess i could build a simple 8 bit, but i would disqualify myself from the competition)?

We could just use one that already has been built (with permission of the builder of course) right? This also adds the interesting aspect of having a different cpu each time the competition is held. This would mean that the creator(s) of the cpu would not be allowed to participate since it's too much of a benefit to have designed it I feel.

RE: event lists - LordDecapo - 11-02-2014

What if like each time we do the programming one. The builder of the CPU, decides the programming challenge. So we know it will be able to run it. And that person Also gets to help vote and judge on a winner.

RE: event lists - MelvinS4_ - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 12:02 AM)LordDecapo Wrote: What if like each time we do the programming one. The builder of the CPU, decides the programming challenge. So we know it will be able to run it. And that person Also gets to help vote and judge on a winner.

I like that idea.

RE: event lists - PabloDons - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 12:02 AM)LordDecapo Wrote: What if like each time we do the programming one. The builder of the CPU, decides the programming challenge. So we know it will be able to run it. And that person Also gets to help vote and judge on a winner.
me gusta

RE: event lists - Crazyninja2000 - 11-02-2014

how about, your build a cpu, and we have a list of programs you have to run. the winner is determined by the best and efficient program.