Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. (/thread-4528.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 08-30-2014

i could host
but I don't do multiplayer

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-31-2014

I have a hella strong processor available and pretty good network (upgradable even further) but I'm not willing to wildly give people SSH.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 12:18 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: I have a hella strong processor available and pretty good network (upgradable even further) but I'm not willing to wildly give people SSH.

speed matters too

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 08-31-2014

Do you guys remember that I have a specific machine designed for hosting things like this? Phenom II X6, 16GB RAM, nice internet, and a battery backup to stop those stupid power surges.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - redstonewarrior - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 12:18 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: I have a hella strong processor available and pretty good network (upgradable even further) but I'm not willing to wildly give people SSH.

Have you considered jailing?

Also, I have to ask, is this a dedicated machine or a home machine that you will use every now and then?

This makes a big difference in the quality of hosting. The user 'sharing' their desktop is not something you want a consistent host out of.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-31-2014

A Phenom II ain't much (just saiyan) and IDK much about jailing. It's feasible for sure.

Still pretty certain that a Phenom II x6 has less power than part of a 3770k. (70%+)

Also saying I'm availiable != me doing it.

Up to the players more than anything else as it's unnoficial.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Apuly - 08-31-2014

I'm guessing the fact that you computer has a constant light load means that nobody will be using it for personal use (browsing the internet and such), and thus is a dedicated machine for hosting.
Is this correct phys?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-31-2014

Mine the only load would be there server. But my internet is crap.

(08-31-2014, 04:01 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: A Phenom II ain't much (just saiyan) and IDK much about jailing. It's feasible for sure.

Still pretty certain that a Phenom II x6 has less power than part of a 3770k. (70%+)

Also saying I'm availiable != me doing it.

Up to the players more than anything else as it's unnoficial.

Well of course an i7 would outperform my Phenom, but I chose the phenom due to its 9MBs of cache. With server hosting, this helps a ton. I also have the system setup with a failure safe such as battery backup on my network devices and my server itself.

Not to mention I can access the server anytime through my phone and an SSH client. I have already been hosting the current moddes server with no issues.