Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. (/thread-4528.html)

Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-24-2014

As chibil also has said; The modded server is still running but almost noone is ever on.

I suggest that we restart the server with a new map and a new modpack.
The modpack could be a custom one again, but we could also maybe use one of the following:
FTB Monster,
DNS Pack,
Crackpack,
ModSauce.

We should also try to get more people on, and maybe make some sort of special thing on there. Some of my ideas are:
Everybody is hostile against each other,
Finite world,
Everybody has to work together,
Late game blocks require much more energy.

What do you think?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-24-2014

I don't really like crackpack as I can't run it with out lag.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-24-2014

I did hear that the crackpack has some big lag problems, so yeah, we probably dont want that one.

Also I don't think the modsauce s public yet but it will be soon according to one of there. Videos.

Yeah, but we can just wait for that.
Personally I'd like a modified DNS pack.

Question have you been on the modded server?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 08-24-2014

yeah I wasn't impressed with the modpack we had, so I stopped playing. A reboot with a new modpack would be sweet and defo make me play! Smile

1 vote for ModSauce

I have been, but I stopped soon after as my motherboard broke and I had to downgrade, meaning that it was unplayable.

I now got a kickass laptop, and I really wanted to play on the modded server again, but it's just so outdated and inactive.

Me and home are the only ones normal on it. And this mod pack has too many limitations so I think we wait a bit and get the modsauce pack when it is finally made public.

The old installer also seems to be broken.
For me it only installs Forge and nothing else.

It takes time it downloads the zip then extracts it to the mods file. Not my best work but it works.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 08-24-2014

I AM DEFINITELY UP FOR A FTB MODPACK OF ANY TYPE BECAUSE HOSTING THAT IS MUCH EASIER THAN HOSTING MODDED ONES!!!

Okay, a little much, but seriously. Setting up that server took some time...

Also what about using one from the Atluancher?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-24-2014

uh I also know of a well-maintained one. pretty heavy but is super tech based. modsauce is really conflicted between tech and more magical elements which are then rather difficult to incorporate together. Half of the mods would be useless to me which would be kinda sad with also a very limited end game.

I propose we use a gregtech based pack (maybe on easy early mode, or maybe just un-nerfed vanilla stuff) as it allows for a lot more long-time playability and requires some insane automation.

A few modifications may be necessary (that truss mod looks pretty damn cool). Really, if you have all of the mods in a single location and the configs premade, setting up a pack takes about 2 minutes and is very easy.

this one: http://www.hephinator.com/minecraft/modpacks/colossus2/1.7.10-Colossus2_ALPHA0.zip (yeah in alpha but i've seen it in action before, it's pretty insane)

EDIT: Unless that is, building isn't the whole goal and it's heavily based in players fighting each other (that's what about half the tuff from modsauce is Tongue)
If you want it easy early, can just disable gregtech nerfing vanilla items (pickaxes, wood, making tools fucking impossible, etc)

And I'd be 100% happy to host too if you need one. You can see specs in that one announcement thread that's probably buried by now.

Oh, and I could get 40/40 60/60 as long as the server is used.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 08-24-2014

I feel like GregTech is waste of time cos I could just as well spend the time doing something productive or midairwhoring in T:A, I don't find it enjoyable + I have limited amount of free time

lol

I hate gregtech..... And also we should look for a pack that is 1.7 so that people dont have to keep switching from 1.7 to 1.5 or 1.6.

Mine is 1.7.10 FYI. Gregtech isn't too bad of a waste of time if you turn off all of the hardmode shit. Gregtech gives you several more tech levels (2 or so) above current IC2 max.

If anything, it adds more to the game if properly configured and isn't too much of a time waste with how much more you get.

What's with all the GT hate? A little more work (if done correctly) for a LOT more potential.

EDIT: Who here has actually USED gregtech and hate it? (besides JUST trying default configs) I think most of you were basing your opinions based on things you haven't experienced Tongue Just saiyan.

On the current server GT is installed it is a pain in the but. Nerfing stuff.

You know you CAN disable a lot of that stuff? Tongue

Yes but i don't think paul did anything to its config.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 08-24-2014

I loved FYB ultimate.... It was soooo glorious. However, I am the industrial type and others may not like atomization/redundancies as much as I.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-25-2014

I like to automate stuff.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-25-2014

Automation is what makes mods worth it. I'd say a "disable all nerfs" approach to gregtech would be a good option.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-25-2014

If we were to add Gregtech we should disable all the nerfs, yeah.

Also, I think we should have a few magic based mods like Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2 and maybe Botenia.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 08-25-2014

My suggestions (again)

Advanced Solar Panels by SeNtiMeL

Applied Energistics by AlgorithmX2

BiblioCraft by Nuchaz

Binnie Mods by Binnie

BuildCraft by SpaceToad

CoFH Core by Team CoFH

Factorization by Neptunepink

Forestry by SirSengir

GregTech by GregoriusT

IC2 HUD by Neosatan

Industrial Craft by Alblaka

Iron Chest by cpw

Mo Creatures by DrZhark

Not Enough Items by chicken_bones

Nether Ores by power crystals,

obsidiplates by myrathis

railcraft by CovertJaguar |

thaumcraft by Azanor

thermalexpansion

openblocks

traincraft

Inventory Tweaks by jimeowan

carpenterblocks

Custom Mob Spawner by DrZhark

nuclearcontrol

MineFactoryReloaded

advancedgenetics

Chisel

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-25-2014

Main question about your pack mr derpface, why MoCreatures? It doesn't add much of a meaningful experience besides random mobspam so there's a ton of kinda useless shit exacerbating the inventory problem.

We need a well developed pseudo-professional pack so 99% of stuff is done for us (the state of gregtech in the pack doesn't matter as that's a quick fix and I could just redistribute it, shush all of you :3)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 08-25-2014

I suggest overpowered mods you have to work hard to get. like witchcraft and the big reactors mod thingy.
I find them interesting

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 08-25-2014

[Image: Dolphin.png]

it's just as meaningful as bibliocraft

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-26-2014

>.> pretty much.

Gregtech adds big reactors and current large magical mods do that already? Anyway those giant reactors buttrape the TPS making automation fucking worthless (as it exponentially decreases processing time).

A requirement for it to be usable is 20TPS lock at all times Tongue

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-26-2014

The big reactors mod has one TE for the whole reactor no matter the size and they don't hurt the tps.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-26-2014

Personally I feel like we shouldn't have mods as Mo' Creatures and Bilbiocraft, simply as they don't add much and take a shit ton of ram.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-26-2014

If they don't do much they won't be used much and will use a negligible amount of RAM anyway >.>
Wot m9?

Bibliocraft has a vew conveniences (tool racks for one).

Wait, those giant 100x100+ reactors? Those buttrape tps. (non-gregtech)

Large multiblock structures do that aren't 99.99% static. (many more block updates, etc)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-26-2014

The multiblock Big reactors in both Gregtech and big reactors have only like 5 block with tile entitys so just as much lag as 5 furnaces. THe visual stuff is client side so made a small FPS drop.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-27-2014

No that one with the giant spinny shit. ReactorCraft or something? That kills TPS Tongue

That's what I meant.

(well last time I heard they did)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-27-2014

Reactor craft has huge multiblock things.

Yeah. Those eat TPS. Pls not that mod :3

What were we saying?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-27-2014

(08-26-2014, 10:07 PM)PhysoniumI Wrote: If they don't do much they won't be used much and will use a negligible amount of RAM anyway >.>
Wot m9?

Bibliocraft has a vew conveniences (tool racks for one).

I mean that it adds one type of block which has like 70 different variations of wood.

I can imagine that all those would take a significant amount of ram.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-27-2014

Apparantly it will take just a bit more time for the Modsauce pack to release; however, we now have a list of all the mods:
http://hermitcraft.com/modsauce

My problem with modsauce is the bizzare mix of mods and then a pretty hard cap capability wise (that's pretty easy to hit).

It seems like modsauce is confused and doesn't know if it wants to be magic or tech or adventury magicy tech stuff so it goes FUCK IT HARDCORE TECH AND MAGIX RPGZ which is super awkward so it misses a bunch of the best mods on either side of the spectrum.

How much adventuring/exploring could be done anyway in a modpack before you feel the need to set down, build insane shit and go nuts?

Building > Exploring server longevity wise.
Also, I for one wouldn't touch half of those mods because they're a tedius magical grind.

TL;DR Modsauce is missing key mods on either side of the spectrun and creates wishy-washy combination of the two (three?) that isn't nearly as good.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-27-2014

Thats not the actually pack as of right now its 1.7.10 on the Hermitcraft server with a few mods removed (Zelda sword skills,IC2 ,and more) and more added (theremal Expansion,and more).

Actually Bibliocraft uses on "Id" for all its diffrent wood types of say bookshelfs by using NBT data to store the value much like chests store the values for the items.

We need to do another fair thing were EVERY Mod is voted on but don't include IC2 as it is to buggy and will crash many mods... Like tinkers construct.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-28-2014

(08-27-2014, 10:25 PM)Chibill Wrote: We need to do another fair thing were EVERY Mod is voted on but don't include IC2 as it is to buggy and will crash many mods... Like tinkers construct.

I looked around for more info on that... That was as of end of 2013 and is fixed long ago >.>

That was interference between gregtech and tic tho.

Also that bullshit about 70 types of wood wasting ram? It'd be a negligible amount anyway, maybe a few mb? Of GIGABYTES?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-28-2014

As of 1.7.2 ic2 crashes at least 10 common mod pack mods.

I haven't seen anything about that on the ic2 forums. It'd say something about it somewhere Tongue

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-28-2014

We could just use FTB Monster. Tons of mods, tons of stuff to do.

Yeah we could (my computer might handle that.). Also for some reason on my PC ftb's luncher is derpped.

Yeah, thats because you can only use FTB for dinner.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 12:50 PM)Chibill Wrote: Yeah we could (my computer might handle that.). Also for some reason on my PC ftb's luncher is derpped.

(08-28-2014, 04:21 PM)Tjakka5 Wrote: Yeah, thats because you can only use FTB for dinner.

LMAO! xDDDDDDDDDDDD

its true do

My cup is an i5 laptop.

Wot m9? Your cup is a laptop with a core i5?

More than just "i5" matters Tongue 1st gen core i7 would have trouble with modern modpacks.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-29-2014

I gotz a i5 as well brah

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 08-29-2014

do u want 2 fite brah?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-29-2014

come at meh

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 08-29-2014

I am offering to host this new modpack that we plan on making. I recently got a phone and such and now I can SSH into the server anytime to fix things.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-29-2014

*any time

I'd also host too (uh I think my hardware is better, which is pretty much the most important aspect of a modded server). Have acess all day 'erry day.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-30-2014

But what about internet speed? :p

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 08-30-2014

I wan't to suggest having a european have SSH access too in case you're asleep and the server crashes. Angel

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-30-2014

like meh!

Im european and I have access to the internet all day, so.. yeah! Big Grin

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-30-2014

Note the thread in announcments btw. Currently 20/20 and I could probably upgrade to 40/40 or 60/60 which would be plenty.

Uh, there are probably 3 EU people who I'd trust with SSH but don't have the knowledge to do it probably.

Pauly maz and nuup probs. (pauly's not a dumbfuck, maz is a decent guy and nuup would have the shit beaten out of him if he fucked up :3)

That's the SSH connundrum. You don't want to give people you don't trust access, especially when personal files are also on the server. Yeah. So, no random people with SSH Tongue Pretty much, there'd be a 6 hour dead-zone of no Phys a day.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-30-2014

My server if I had better Internet speeds I can give ssh and http connection to as it's just a minecraft VM on my proxmox host. I also have a 1 TB disk. But my network speed is crap.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 08-30-2014

i could host
but I don't do multiplayer

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 08-31-2014

I have a hella strong processor available and pretty good network (upgradable even further) but I'm not willing to wildly give people SSH.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 12:18 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: I have a hella strong processor available and pretty good network (upgradable even further) but I'm not willing to wildly give people SSH.

speed matters too

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 08-31-2014

Do you guys remember that I have a specific machine designed for hosting things like this? Phenom II X6, 16GB RAM, nice internet, and a battery backup to stop those stupid power surges.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - redstonewarrior - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 12:18 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: I have a hella strong processor available and pretty good network (upgradable even further) but I'm not willing to wildly give people SSH.

Have you considered jailing?

Also, I have to ask, is this a dedicated machine or a home machine that you will use every now and then?

This makes a big difference in the quality of hosting. The user 'sharing' their desktop is not something you want a consistent host out of.

A Phenom II ain't much (just saiyan) and IDK much about jailing. It's feasible for sure.

Still pretty certain that a Phenom II x6 has less power than part of a 3770k. (70%+)

Also saying I'm availiable != me doing it.

Up to the players more than anything else as it's unnoficial.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Apuly - 08-31-2014

I'm guessing the fact that you computer has a constant light load means that nobody will be using it for personal use (browsing the internet and such), and thus is a dedicated machine for hosting.
Is this correct phys?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-31-2014

Mine the only load would be there server. But my internet is crap.

(08-31-2014, 04:01 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: A Phenom II ain't much (just saiyan) and IDK much about jailing. It's feasible for sure.

Still pretty certain that a Phenom II x6 has less power than part of a 3770k. (70%+)

Also saying I'm availiable != me doing it.

Up to the players more than anything else as it's unnoficial.

Well of course an i7 would outperform my Phenom, but I chose the phenom due to its 9MBs of cache. With server hosting, this helps a ton. I also have the system setup with a failure safe such as battery backup on my network devices and my server itself.

Not to mention I can access the server anytime through my phone and an SSH client. I have already been hosting the current moddes server with no issues.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 08-31-2014

Yeah, I personally would like to have Nickster host the modded server.

(08-31-2014, 04:52 PM)Tjakka5 Wrote: Yeah, I personally would like to have Nickster host the modded server.

Yes, I also am willing to give SSH for pretty much any responsible person as I do not have personal files on it as it is not my personal machine.

Mkay. Mods? All we've seen so far is really divided modpacks or ones missing all the important mods.

Also, I've seen nothing on the IC2 not working with pretty much any mod thing, you certain you're not fucking up?

I think it will be the easiest if we go with a premade modpack in FTB or something.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 08-31-2014

I can say if you have tinkers construct and IC2 it won't run.

That was a problem in late 2013. That's no longer a thing. Have you tested it since then?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-01-2014

Yes when I was making my UHC mod pack.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-04-2014

There's this really cool pack out; Test pack please ignore, which has just a ton of mods.
Here's a list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoDq0dQBZJODdGR0aENSUEp4a0FRLVhnRGNoX2lRMGc#gid=0

It seems very suitable for us, what do you guys think?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-04-2014

I like the look of that. Very much.

Whoever made that list, nice.

Maybe no morph as free flight?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-05-2014

Aha, jokes on you, it already is disabled!
(Mob abilities that is)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-05-2014

Cool but what version of Mc Is it for?..

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-05-2014

Also
MODSAUCE IS OUT! WOHOOO

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-05-2014

I still have additional crafting for 1.6 but it's simple

If you think it's okay...

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 09-06-2014

I might join a modded multiplayer if the server has good uptime
AND
people don't spread very very far apart

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-06-2014

I wish survival was up and 1.8.....

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 09-07-2014

(09-06-2014, 08:48 PM)Chibill Wrote: I wish survival was up and 1.8.....

We will not sacrifice our staff team's headaches or clockcycles to host an official one at this point of time. Feel free to host one and call it the "Semi-official ORE survival server" or something simlar. Same applies to the modded one :/

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 09-07-2014

^^not bad, if it's unofficial, we wouldn't need to worry about permissions and such because it's most likely not going to be announced (which would gather a lot of untrusted people outside our community). but as previously stated in other threads, I think we should worry about 1 server at a time. it's going to either be the modded server or the survival server

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-07-2014

I can host a "unofficial" survival that's 1.8 and also a creative 1.8 on my server. I just need to finish a script to keep my public IP up-to-date on freedns.afraid.org

I have a survival and creative 1.8 hosted right now. creative minecraft16.us.to:25565
survival minecraft16.us.to:25555

Pm me if you want abblitiy to reboot the servers if needed as you can only affect these servers.

PabloDons I see you logged in to survival was there any lag?? As from my end the server is on my network with 1 ms ping.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-09-2014

Yeah, local pings are super low and that's rounding up. You'd get no more than 1/2ms ping or such really.

Network relays slow your ping and shit. (My understanding of it).

So what modpack should we use? I'd prefer 1.7.10, that's why I posted mine (ages ago) which is.

I'll go dredging and find it.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-10-2014

I feel like ModSauce would be a good choice; Up to date, easy to get, and there's even videos about it!

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-10-2014

Yes! And I have 1.8 creative and survival as an unofficial host. As soon as MCP is updated it will make plug ins on my end..... minecraft16.us.to is creative the survival is same ip but port 25555

I can give control to reboot the server to anyone. At minecraft16.us.to:8080

user: ore
pass: openredstone

You only have the assess to the Unofficial servers.

To reboot hit stop then start after it says it stopped the server.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 09-12-2014

You don't need me to host?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-12-2014

we do we do

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-12-2014

So. Modpack? http://www.atlauncher.com/packs/public/

FTB has really only shit old packs ATM (at least on their site) so we can just use ATL.

Everyone pick a top 5 and we can go from there?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 09-12-2014

Send me a modpack and possibly a meeting time on teamspeak or something and we can get it setup! Big Grin

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-13-2014

Modsauce

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-13-2014

Modsauce

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 09-13-2014

Someone make a poll so I can edit it to annoy Phys

PS. Modsauce

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Apuly - 09-13-2014

These kind of things makes me tell you that you are a fgt

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 09-13-2014

holy shit pauly, 512 mins when I see u next time

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-14-2014

So, based on this, set the damn server up then we can fuck around.

Be aware, I'm known to kill servers before breakfast (breaking the game, lagging TPS 'cause giant shit)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-16-2014

Some one get Nick the modsauce pack..

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-17-2014

#foundanothermoddedserversofuckyouguisehuehuehue

Yeah. I personally wouldn't enjoy Modsauce to it's fullest, but I'll make sure to laugh at you guys!

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - VirtualPineapple - 09-17-2014

filthy casual

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 09-19-2014

Sorry guys, I have been busy with work and school.

I am available Monday 22nd in teamspeak so we can discuss who has access / get the server started.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 09-19-2014

time? I'm available at 3-9 pm GMT and concidering you are american, I suppose it's going to be hard to reach you :/

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 05:54 PM)PabloDons Wrote: time? I'm available at 3-9 pm GMT and concidering you are american, I suppose it's going to be hard to reach you :/

I should be on by noon (roughly 5 for you)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 09-22-2014

I am hoping into teamspeak atm. I will see you guys there.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-22-2014

Its 11:01 right now and I am in school

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 09-22-2014

So far I have no idea how SSH works.
Will do stuff tomorrow again.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-25-2014

SSH = bash effectively.

CLI via tunnel. Just like a VPS or how you'd "interact" with your idea of linux :3

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 09-27-2014

Okay.........

So linux.....

Had a security breach......

And apparently......

My server......

Was a part of it......

So yeah......

I will be out of commission for a while...

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-27-2014

Nice. GJ.

Bleeding edge linux? Yeah, no :3

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-27-2014

It's okay I had someone hack my server in the first 2 weeks it was up and I had to reinstall it all.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 09-27-2014

Yeah, because you did something wrong and have a massive vulnerability?

Anyone who's using slow-release linux ATM is 100% fucked w/o homebrew fixes.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 09-27-2014

I was using debain with all the latest patches.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 09-28-2014

haha u use linooks u shud've used macs they don get virus

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - VirtualPineapple - 09-28-2014

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-18-2014

so any update?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 10-18-2014

I dont understand SSH
We need a nickster
Im holding out for a nickster to the end of the night

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 10-18-2014

If you need any SSH help, just ask. There are a large number of us that are quite cabable and willing to help/do it.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 10-19-2014

I also forgot the password

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-19-2014

wait, is the server actually up? can I get a link to an installer/list of mods preferably with links?

It probably is.

You can download the pack (crackpack) with the atlauncher. A quick google search should do it for you :p #lazy

how about server address?
also what do I chose of the following list?
[Image: kZqmkq3.png?1]

I do not currently know the server address nor which mods we need exactly.
Nickster setup the server himself and gave me access with SSH. That is all that happend.

For mods jusst get everyhing except JourneyMap or Zan's minimap, whichever you prefer.

I receive an error each time I try to run the game, everything seems fine in the console until it's almost finished launching and this message repeats itself at least 50 times in console and from there it pretty much looks completely fine. Only thing is it doesn't launch minecraft, it closes it completely

error message:
Code:
[19/10/2014 20:17:00 PM] [Client thread/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: The jar file **USERSDIR**\Instances\TheCrackPack\bin\jinput-2.0.5.jar has a security seal for path net.java.games.input, but that path is defined and not secure

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 10-19-2014

As far as I looked, the server itself is not linux-friendly. Keyword on friendly.

I downloaded it but on attempts to get it to run it never got started. Also, if we can setup that teamspeak meeting again except this time where we do not have other things to do at that time, I would love to help you guys out.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-19-2014

Hi Nick!

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 09:01 PM)Chibill Wrote: Hi Nick!

Hiiii

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - jxu - 10-19-2014

So it's happening?

lets do it, choose a time and I'll say if it works for me or not
btw, I don't think the server problem is because of linux, I can't get the client to launch. I think there might be some compadibility error or something idk

EDIT: I half figured out the error with the client version, the launcher is unable to read codechickenLib which then leads to tons of errors with NEI and it's addons and other codechicken related mods, and it seems to also return a java.lang.outofmemory error even though I allocated a lot of memory to the launcher, that's all i found.
here is a detailed describtion of the error
Code:
[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] -- Head --

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] Stacktrace:

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflateBytes(Native Method)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at java.util.zip.Inflater.inflate(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.stream.MemoryCache.loadFromStream(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.stream.MemoryCacheImageInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.stream.ImageInputStreamImpl.readFully(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.stream.ImageInputStreamImpl.readFully(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at com.sun.imageio.plugins.bmp.BMPImageReaderSpi.canDecodeInput(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.ImageIO$CanDecodeInputFilter.filter(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.spi.FilterIterator.advance(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.spi.FilterIterator.<init>(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.spi.ServiceRegistry.getServiceProviders(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.ImageIO.getImageReaders(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110571_b(TextureMap.java:127)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110551_a(TextureMap.java:90)

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] -- Resource location being registered --

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] Details:

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        Resource location: minecraft:textures/atlas/blocks.png

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        Texture object class: net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]           - Transformer: com.mumfrey.liteloader.transformers.event.EventProxyTransformer

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]           - Transformer: net.minecraftforge.transformers.ForgeAccessTransformer

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]           - Transformer: cofh.asm.PCCAccessTransformer

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]           - Transformer: cpw.mods.fml.common.asm.transformers.TerminalTransformer

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]           - Transformer: com.mumfrey.liteloader.client.transformers.LoginSuccessPacketTransformer

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1224 Minecraft Forge 10.13.1.1224 184 mods loaded, 183 mods active

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        Micdoodlecore{} [Micdoodle8 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        appliedenergistics2{rv1-stable-1} [Applied Energistics 2] (APPLIEDENERGISTICS2-RV1-STABLE-1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        autopackager{1.5.1b} [AutoPackager] (AUTOPACKAGER-1.5.1B.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        BigReactors{0.4.0rc10} [Big Reactors] (BIGREACTORS-0.4.0RC10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        CarpentersBlocks{3.3.0} [Carpenter's Blocks] (CARPENTERS BLOCKS V3.3.0 - MC 1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        OpenComputers{1.3.6.69} [OpenComputers] (OPENCOMPUTERS-MC1.7.10-1.3.6.69-UNIVERSAL.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        eplus{1.7.10-3.0.1} [Enchanting Plus] (ENCHANTINGPLUS-1.7.10-3.0.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        enhancedportals{3.0.7} [EnhancedPortals] (ENHANCEDPORTALS_1.7.10-UNIVERSAL-3.0.7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        MetallurgyCore{4.0.4} [Metallurgy Core] (METALLURGYCORE-1.7.10-4.0.4.18.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        TConstruct{1.7.10-1.7.0.build721} [Tinkers' Construct] (TCONSTRUCT-1.7.10-1.7.0D4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        Metallurgy{4.0.5} [Metallurgy 4] (METALLURGY-1.7.10-4.0.5.75.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        ExtraTiC{0.8.4} [ExtraTiC] (EXTRATIC-1.7.10-1.0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        ExtraUtilities{1.1.0k} [Extra Utilities] (EXTRAUTILITIES-1.1.0K.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        factorization.notify{1.0} [Factorization Notification System] (FACTORIZATION-1.7.10-0.8.88.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        factorization{1.7.10-0.8.88.2} [Factorization] (FACTORIZATION-1.7.10-0.8.88.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM]        factorization.misc{1.7.10-0.8.88.2} [Factorization Miscellaneous Nonsense] (FACTORIZATION-1.7.10-0.8.88.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

[19/10/2014 22:51:52 PM] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:359]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# **USERSDIR**\Instances\TheCrackPack\crash-reports\crash-2014-10-19_22.51.52-client.txt

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-19-2014

I can try and figure it out.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 10-20-2014

It will never be a problem with linux. Either a modder is doing something wrong or you are.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-20-2014

It runs fine also it does need java 7.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-20-2014

dafuq? why does nothing work with java 8? that's annoying

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 10-20-2014

I could be on nearly every afternoon past 15:00 in my area (Eastern Time)

err, that's pretty late for me, I am able to stay up that late in the weekends though so it's not really a big problem (that's 21:00 CET for me so yeah) btw for some reason I can't run minecraft from the ATL with java 7 at all. it just returns a fatal error

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 10-20-2014

8 PM for me.
It's possible, but I will only be able to stick around for 1 hour.

Also Pablo, try deleting your ATLauncher folder and redownloading both the launcher and the pack.

it's a problem with the java virtual machine. that's what's returning a fatal error. this does not occur when I use java 8, but when I do use java 8, minecraft itself returns an error in the middle of initializing and returns the error message I sent earlier

Do you have java 7 installed? Also 8 does not really like forge. Can you attach the log file to a post so I can look at it?

(08-24-2014, 04:58 PM)Tjakka5 Wrote: The old installer also seems to be broken.
For me it only installs Forge and nothing else.

Acutally it should still work but it takes like 5 min to download the mods.../

http://pastebin.com/2MUcd1pq
the whole log. I used java 8 and java 7 doesn't work at all (as I said earlier)

Do you known where it stores this pack? You need to download the file it says is missing CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.101-universal.jar and replace it . also are you using the 2.0.x.x version of crack pack?

Also in the settings tab of ATL change the amount of ram mc uses make it higher.

(10-20-2014, 09:59 PM)Chibill Wrote: Do you known where it stores this pack? You need to download the file it says is missing CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.101-universal.jar and replace it.
it's there and there's nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell, but I will try to download it from the codechicken page
(10-20-2014, 09:59 PM)Chibill Wrote: also are you using the 2.0.x.x version of crack pack?
yes
(10-20-2014, 09:59 PM)Chibill Wrote: Also in the settings tab of ATL change the amount of ram mc uses make it higher
I have allocated so much you have no idea. I think my computer is the one running out of memory space if that is the cause of the problem

Maybe try with about 2 GB?

(10-20-2014, 11:07 PM)Chibill Wrote: Maybe try with about 2 GB?
I'm still using java 8 though because java 7 won't launch minecraft at all. I doubt the memory is the problem, I tried running everything with higher allocated ram than recommended and I tried reinstalling the instance with only recommended mods. every possible recommended thing. I don't think it's a problem with ram, mods or anything like that. I think the problem lies in java itself. May I compare my logs to yours and the java version and ATL settings?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 10-20-2014

**USERSDIR**\Instances\TheCrackPack\crash-reports\crash-2014-10-19_22.51.52-client.txt

That's a very helpful resource to have.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-21-2014

there you go:

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-21-2014

Some how it's only getting about 900 mb of ram.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 10-21-2014

Yeah. Give it more RAM and pregen.

You're giving it a max of up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB), maybe due to your system being too heavily used RAM wise. I don't know without more information.

I will look into the At launcher on my end and try fixing it.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-21-2014

it's not the ram that is the problem, that is a gigabyte of ram. there is actually only 200-300 mb ram being used anyway. also I even tried with more ram than my computer has.
Here's a crash report with more memory than I could possibly imagine

I will debug when I get home.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - TSO - 10-22-2014

Launch minecraft verbosely from the command line and pipe that into a text document. It will make the error much easier to find because it will be in the last line and the command line will tell you what went wrong. (Works every time for me and my father at least.)

Ooooh! IIRC, you can compile java into full machine code with GCC, and you can compile it into C code so that people can actually figure what what the hell went wrong. Use the -O3 -march=normal -mtune=normal extensions to optimize to your system. (Note: this will take forever to compile)

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-22-2014

I have no idea whats the problem with the AT launcher it works on my end.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 07:25 AM)TSO Wrote: Launch minecraft verbosely from the command line and pipe that into a text document. It will make the error much easier to find because it will be in the last line and the command line will tell you what went wrong. (Works every time for me and my father at least.)

Ooooh! IIRC, you can compile java into full machine code with GCC, and you can compile it into C code so that people can actually figure what what the hell went wrong. Use the -O3 -march=normal -mtune=normal extensions to optimize to your system. (Note: this will take forever to compile)
1. I don't know what any of that means
2. I don't even... 0.o

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - TSO - 10-23-2014

(warning:post not edited except where it is extremely important. Read all instructions before actually trying to fix minecraft.)

Prerequisites: if you have less than 2 or 3 GB of RAM, allocate less than 500MB to minecraft and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, slowly raise the amount until you get the error again. Your operating system may be refusing to allocate 1GB of space because the process table divides the memory into 64KB blocks and distributes them somewhat equally between programs. This would lead to the program trying to access memory that belongs to another process because it thinks it has 1GB, and then the operating system denies the memory access and forcibly kills the program.

If that doesn't work:

First part:
You will need either Linux, a Unix, or Cygwin. (Cygwin is a Linux shell for Windows, the command prompt might be able to do this, but I doubt it.)

If you don't have these, download Cygwin from here. I will help you from there. If you are unsure if you have these, verify that you aren't running windows. That's your answer.

Step 1:
If you have a *nix system, ignore this step.
You need to go to your minecraft folder in Windows Explorer and knock that space out of the "minecraft launcher" folder. Then enter the folder and knock the space out of Minecraft Launcher.exe (this has no effect on windows, but linux systems don't allow spaces in file names, so cygwin won't be able to get to the directory. If any of the folders this folder's path also have spaces, they will need to be concatenated as well.)

Step 2:
Launch the terminal and cd to your minecraft directory.

Step3:
type "ls" without quotes, this lists all files in the directory. Verify that there isn't a space in MinecraftLauncher.exe

Step4:
a.) verify there isn't a text.txt file, if for some bizzare reason there is, choose a different name for part c

b.) type the following line
MincraftLauncher.exe --help

This gives you a list of extensions for the minecraft launcher (notice how "--help" is one of them?) type them in with their syntax for extra magic.

b.) type the following line
./MinecraftLauncher.exe [operation] > text.txt

This will create a new file in the directory called text.txt and cause a launch of minecraft, every process call and a bunch of useful debugging stuff gets written to the command line screen. The operation field is optional, but if filled, minecraft will execute either just the requested operation or it will launch with the operation. (for example --help didn't launch minecraft, just the help). The pipe "> text.txt" wrights this all to text.txt. Because of this routing, you won't actually see what happens.

Step5: Once your launcher has failed, wait a couple of seconds (to make sure it finishes wrighting), then either go back to windows explorer and open text.txt in notepad, or do the following (note, if you don't know how to use vim, do not try this. Trust me, you will not figure it out on your own.)

Type, without quotes "vim text.txt"

This opens the text file in vim. What you see is everything that the launcher requested, and it's completion status, followed by reports of unimportant details. For example, in mine, the script that verifies my account fails because I'm using cracked minecraft.

Now, if the actual exe failed on launch, you should actually get a report in the shell saying exactly why it failed and at what line it failed at in the java script that failed. This failure is probably going to be caused by the operating system refusing to allocate memory or detecting a memory violation from what it sounds like.

Okay, If you get away without any reports, and it still doesn't work, you'll need the Java process report thing again, but you will also know from your text file exactly which scripts are still working properly. Between the two, there is no way you will not be able to find the error. If you are unsure what the shell error means, these are all well documented on the interwebz.

The second part:
GCC is the GNU Compiler Collection. I think it has the ability to compile java code into machine code in order to speed up the program by not having it compile in runtime. -O3 is the highest level of general optimization. -mtune=native optimizes for the instruction set quirks of the computer doing the compile, and -march=normal optimizes for the architecture of the computer doing the compile.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-23-2014

I think you can do this in windows with out cigwin using >>

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 10-24-2014

>.>

You can probably recompile the machine code on windows, that's just the GCC way.

For *nix just escape spaces with \

Problem solved.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - TSO - 10-25-2014

I hate the command prompt and no nothing about it, but I actually tested that process and told you exactly how I tested it. Also, Cygwin has vim and GCC.

Does the space thing really work like that?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-25-2014

man this is going to be complicated, I'll try it later though, it's not like I need it right away.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 10-25-2014

So after 2 English essays, a calculus exam, and an economics project, I did not have the available time that I thought I would this week...

To make it fit better for you guys, post when you are available and I will try and be on at those times.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PabloDons - 10-25-2014

you gotta say something though because I'm most likely not going to be on TS or even minecraft all those times:
14:00 - 19:00 GMT at weekdays
10:00 - 21:00 GMT at weekends

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Tjakka5 - 10-27-2014

Exactly the same as Pablo for meh.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Chibill - 10-27-2014

same .

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 10-27-2014

I am in teamspeak at the moment. For the rest of the week I will try and make it a point to be in teamspeak at the times Pablo posted, because that seems to work best.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nuuppanaani - 10-27-2014

Stupid timezones, I hate them

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 10-29-2014

Hey guys, noon is at sunset for me!

English bitches, why do you get to have noon at noon?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - Nickster258 - 10-29-2014

(10-29-2014, 01:27 AM)PhysoniumI Wrote: Hey guys, noon is at sunset for me!

English bitches, why do you get to have noon at noon?

[Image: iDOzAa5.jpg]

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 11-01-2014

You bastards are so sexy. Why does it have to be perfect?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - TSO - 11-01-2014

You do realize that it's actually really easy for us to calculate that value in the system of measure that people actually understand.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 11-02-2014

You start that off as a question and end it as a sentence. What the grammerfuckhello?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - TSO - 11-02-2014

Have I ever openly boasted about my perfection? No. So stop complaining.

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - PhysoniumI - 11-02-2014

But how am I supposed to respond to something that can't properly be responded to without complaining?

RE: Suggesting to reboot the modded server. - TSO - 11-02-2014

It's all a question, I guess.