Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE GOVERNMENT - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: ORE GOVERNMENT (/thread-4282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - JWNJWN - 08-07-2014

You realize the current plot system is designed so it is easily expandable, and what is wrong with having plots that haven't been used for a while? Sure they're taking up space but as long as they actually have stuff on them they don't look bad, they look like someone has worked on it. If it is empty and the person has been inactive, sure delete it but otherwise there is no need to.

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - PNWMan - 08-07-2014

I've added plot expansion to the list

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - Apuly - 08-07-2014

I know that your personality is what makes you stand out as a member. But what I like about this server is the community, and I feel like the member rank is a lot more fitting to a community than a builder rank, thus I don't want that to change.

Also, the Foreman rank wasn't removed because of abuse, but because Foreman were doing what admins were supposed to be doing. Because of this, the admins decided to merge the admin and Foreman rank into the staff rank, with all staff having as much power as the other, and could decide for themselves how much of their power they wanted to use.

Also, something about the post in general.
You have a pro and a con, which I find good, but then you proceed to give counter argument in the con. Although understandable, it kinda removes the entire need for having the cons there.
I feel like it would be more fair if you were to list all ideas, then add a response to it describing your thoughts and concerns on each individual point.

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - PNWMan - 08-08-2014

I would like to apologize to tyler (and all other staff members) for the terrible things I said at the start. More specifically... "ORE sucks. I think we all can admit that it is sloppily run and is quite doomed to fail." Considering tyler has been doing about 85% of the running, this statement implied tyler was sloppy, sucky, and a failiure. But in contrast, it is because of him that this server is running smoothly. He helped transfer hosts for school. He helped immensely during and after the large outage. And he's done countless other things to help out, including accepting applications and whatnot.

This isn't limited to just tyler (although he's the main contributor, along with mort in some aspects), newo and some others have also been active and have helped very much in keeping ORE running generally smooth. The REAL problem is the LACK of staff to help out. We need more qualified staff to help with this kind of stuff, tyler (and sometimes mort) cannot do it on their own.

Now, when I wrote that bad passage at the start of the thread, I started with "ORE sucks" as an attention grabber, however, I meant it as an overly exhaggerated phrase for "ORE is in trouble." As far as the sloppily run and doomed to fail part, I was mainly focusing on some of the individual aspects that were highlighted in the changes, most of which are on the backburner of the to-do list. Also, I was talking about the lack of staff being a bad feature. If ORE keeps up the huge backflow of visitors and does nothing about the school plot shortage (more like complete lack of), then ORE will certainly fail over time, however, I am fully confident that the staff (as long as we add some more active members to that rank) will be able to handle this issue, and once the serious things are taken care of, THEN we can focus on some of the changes here.

Once again, I am sorry for the destructive things I said, and I have reworded it to convey what I really meant to say. I have learned two lessons: Watch how you word things, and keep the people in mind.

Paul:
Honestly, I chose to synchronize the member/builder rank by selection the builder rank because of 1 reason: If it says [Member] on school, you are not really a member of school. Honestly, it doesn't matter whether we choose [Member] or [Builder], as long as we combine them into 1 rank on both build and school.

Right now, I think most of us agree that ORE needs some work done, and that work should be done by staff. However, there are still trials to do, applications to review, and visitors to help, which should be given to Foremen at the moment.

As far as reformatting my lengthy thread, I think not, as thoughts and concerns are highlighted in all 3 categories of each change.

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - tokumei - 08-08-2014

FYI, I'm in the process of designing a concept for a redstone server. Not one that is focused solely on computer engineering, but one that tries to encourage all aspects. It has a similar structure to ORE, but at the same time it combines the purpose of the build server and the school servers - it is the members' responsibility as a whole to teach the students, while at the same time advancing redstone knowledge together. Currently, I'm busy developing the plugins needed so later I can host a server to see how this idea turns out.

I'm in no way intending to be a "traitor" to ORE, but I simply have an idea that I want to test. I will still be an active member/staff here, and always will be unto the end.

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - jxu - 08-09-2014

(08-08-2014, 05:20 PM)DJ8X Wrote: I'm
(08-08-2014, 05:20 PM)DJ8X Wrote: a "traitor"

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - Cutlassw30 - 08-09-2014

Fuck the police coming straight from the underground.

RE: ORE GOVERNMENT - Konstacon - 08-10-2014

tl;dr