Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
OREUtilsV2 - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: OREUtilsV2 (/thread-4036.html)

OREUtilsV2 - tyler569 - 07-12-2014

Hey programmy folks!

I am currently looking for people willing to help with finishing touches to OREUtilsV2 in preparation for its being used on the build server!

Anyone with mild/moderate python experience or higher is needed

Some details about the project, you're writing for jython 2.5 (Python 2.5 docs) for the Bukkit PythonPluginLoader
(there are some more details on this that I can get in to at another time)

Here is the current code, I encourage any and all to fork it and start hacking away.

I'll accept any and all reasonable improvements, but I do have some specific goals, I can probably put these on github in some official capacity if it would help people:
My main goal is UUID support for the plot and name systems, I'll add to this as things come up.

I would also greatly appreciate MySQL and SQLite backend options if someone wants to dive deep into that part of the code.

For those of you with less experience, I also would like the UI checked over, for instance, the current plot UI (/ploc, /psearch) seems better to me than the one currently in V2, V2s does not take advantage of colors and uses ugly "[INFO]" brackets all over.

Anyone who can help even a little will have my eternal gratitude, just start pullin' Big Grin

RE: OREUtilsV2 - Chibill - 07-12-2014

I will help!

RE: OREUtilsV2 - jxu - 07-12-2014

I would love to contribute, but I have no knowledge of bukkit or how minecraft plot systems work (the gritty details)

Do you have any reference guides about where you learned this?

RE: OREUtilsV2 - Iceglade - 07-12-2014

Finally!

I can potentially help with the UUIDs at some point.

Seperately,
1) is there a reason that there isn't even a function in Helper to message a player without some kind of brackets? ([INFO], [WARNING], blah blah).
2) should we avoid using Colorify as opposed to string concatenations? I'm not familiar with the deep dark world of reg sub (not sure whether it's significantly slower).

I'm just seeing what I can do on the UI side to get the feel for the code as I've never worked with these libraries in the past.

RE: OREUtilsV2 - tokumei - 07-12-2014

I have a lot of experience with python (my favorite high-level scripting language) but I'm not so familiar with using java inside of python... So I'll have to learn how everything connects between the two before I can do anything.

RE: OREUtilsV2 - jxu - 07-12-2014

^ My situation too

RE: OREUtilsV2 - tyler569 - 07-12-2014

Well, the Java stuff's actually very simple, since we aren't using Java inside Python, instead we're using Jython, which runs inside Java. Basically, you access any part of the bukkit API by adding an import statement at the top of the python file and using it as you would in a Java plugin.

For instance, in Derps.py:
Code:
import org.bukkit.Bukkit.broadcastMessage as broadcastMessage
[...]
def BroadcastDerp(sender, message):
        broadcastMessage(Color("2") + " * " + Color("f") + sender.getName() + Color("l") + " DERP! " + Color("d") + message)

RE: OREUtilsV2 - Chibill - 07-12-2014

You can also you java within you python when using jython.

RE: OREUtilsV2 - PabloDons - 07-26-2014

lol, srry about that.

No worries mate Wink

lol, best way to reply ^

RE: OREUtilsV2 - AFtExploision - 07-26-2014

The UUID plot system is DONE, has been tested by me, and is ready to be tested by staff! (Except mort's push to main repo broke the plot system so the module wont load)