Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Red game 4: - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Red game 4: (/thread-3426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Red game 4: - Billman555555 - 05-08-2014

We have probably all seen it. He is doing it. The red game 4 is coming. Post your thoughts on it here.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Xray_Doc - 05-08-2014

Link?

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - redstonewarrior - 05-08-2014

Dun worry, checked it out.
We have a battle plan. It includes a single weekend and enough vodka to make the pain go away.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - greatgamer34 - 05-08-2014

^ Link is at minecraft forums. Any way, he made a "gpu" with cmd blocks and posted a pol for wat should be the location on the screen for the point (1,1).

FAKING SKRUB, it should start at (0,0).........

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - EDevil - 05-08-2014

[Image: enough-internet-cat.gif]

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - David - 05-08-2014

I don't have anything against the redgame, not sure why everybody has. But this time... Command blocks in a computer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please.

EDIT: Here's your link

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Dcentrics - 05-08-2014

This should be interesting.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - dudearent006 - 05-08-2014

Hello! Yes, it is I, the creator of the overrated computer series you all hate so much for some reason!

Been a while, hasn't it? Looking at these posts, you guys haven't changed a bit (other than the name change)! Glad I left this "community" when I did.

(05-08-2014, 03:11 AM)greatgamer34 Wrote: FAKING SKRUB, it should start at (0,0).........
Ah, this again, you RDF people and your weird complaints. You guys always seem to desperately find something wrong with everything I build. Whatever happened to constructive criticism?

Anyhow, my rebuttal consists of 2 points:
1: There's a reason for this. All RAM values (except EEPROM addresses) are reset to 0 on boot, including GPU registers. Along with that, All 0 values in the GPU coordinate registers are ignored. Therefore, if you want to plot a point, you only set one register set and don't need to worry about the other set. It also makes more sense in my opinion, which brings me to my second point.

2: starting at 0 isn't a standard set in stone. For example, in languages like Java, arrays and such start at 0, while in languages such as Lua, they start at 1. Does it matter that much? clearly not; I've never seen anyone complain about it until now.

As a side note, no idea what "FAKING SKRUB" 's supposed to mean.

(05-08-2014, 10:21 AM)David Wrote: Command blocks in a computer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Please.
I, of course, was fully aware this was going to be complained upon, using command blocks was my first and biggest design decision made way before I started building it. Let's assume your reason for not liking command blocks is that they are overpowered.

However, they are part of Vanilla Minecraft, and it's still a challenge to build with them. Why hardly anyone attempts redstone computers with command blocks is completely beyond me. It could be a different class of computers; You'd have "pure redstone" ones and "command block" ones.

It's a fact humans don't like change. Are you all too lazy to learn command blocks, or adapt to this technology making all your "pure redstone" creations obsolete? Possibly. But you need to get with the times! There's so many great things you can do with command blocks, why NOT make computers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I'm still interested in what you find so terrible about my projects. So I challenge you all: Find a problem with my build so far. A legitimate problem. Actually, as many as you can.

And I mean VALID problems, whining about starting at 0 or 1 or usage of game mechanics such as command blocks are silly, desperate complaints.

I know you may think that I see the world being all about me, but the above is simply self defence, though mostly from my frustration with this group and its way of acting. I realise my computer is not the best computer out there, I never said it was. But it's not complete rubbish like you claim it to be.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make friends instead of enemies. But if you insist that everything I make is automatically bad and only worth complaining about, I will continue proving you wrong. It's your choice:
make friends, or foes.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Xeomorpher - 05-08-2014

We enjoy using non-command block redstone, because it emulates boolean logic. Command blocks, whilst capable of doing so, detract from the joy of watching a beautifully laid out arrangement of wires flash. They , at least in my opinion, turn redstone into a series of cheap hacks.

Nonetheless, I honestly don't see why we still hate redgame, we could just ... you know ... leave it alone Smile

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Apuly - 05-08-2014

I see a total of 3 problems. 2 with your build, and 1 in your post.
The one in the post: greatgamer will always complain about (1,1) instead of (0,0).

The 2 with your actual build, 1 which apparently doesn't count.
1: The pistons in your screen cause lag. You could replace them with turned on redstone or something like that, enabling it to be a bit lass game crashy.

2: The build is hardly optimised for command block mechanics. For instance, you can make your comparator work with fancy command block mechanics. And I'm pretty sure that because of some of the properties of command blocks the GPU rendering could become quite a bit faster.

One side note, that has nothing to do with the build: I feel like this is the the bestest start for the command block CPU/GPU/whateverthefuck. If you would have taken it to the next level, with a triangle renderer for instance, you might be able to pull some people to the non-redstone side of redstone. The machine that you build here just doesn't do that.

Let's just stay unknown to each other.