Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. (/thread-3324.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - Thor23 - 05-05-2014

(05-04-2014, 09:48 PM)EDevil Wrote: Pistons are one of the best things ever made in mc! However, once you start doing some real advanced logical redstoning, like making nice fast cpu's or try to pipeline at some amazing speed, you just need to move on to piston-less builds.

(also if you want to have your creation working after 2 years, its best to not use pistons as well Tongue (Yet again, some solid state things might change in the future as well, like the comparator -> repeater lock combo.))

Eeh, speed and future functionality really depend on the design. Most everything I've built with pistons since they were introduced still functions as intended. And if you get good enough at usin' 'em, they can be just as fast as piston-less builds.

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - PabloDons - 05-05-2014

(05-04-2014, 02:05 AM)Chibill Wrote: I will setup the server today. I will update it with every snapshot too. Its IP is minecraft16.us.to:25545
I can't actually connect, chi. is there a problem?

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - Chibill - 05-05-2014

I did not have time to set it up got home to late.

I will do it today I have no homework.

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - Chibill - 05-07-2014

On and up to date.

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - JWNJWN - 05-07-2014

How're you going to combat flying machines that fly into other peoples stuff and destroys some of it?

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - Legofreak - 05-08-2014

(05-07-2014, 10:28 PM)JWNJWN Wrote: How're you going to combat flying machines that fly into other peoples stuff and destroys some of it?

have some sort of minimum flying altitude for everybody or something of the sort?

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - JeremyG - 05-08-2014

(05-07-2014, 10:28 PM)JWNJWN Wrote: How're you going to combat flying machines that fly into other peoples stuff and destroys some of it?

My first thought is to disallow pistons from pushing slime blocks outside of their owner's plot bounds.

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - jxu - 05-10-2014

(05-05-2014, 12:30 AM)Thor23 Wrote: Most everything I've built with pistons since they were introduced still functions as intended. And if you get good enough at usin' 'em, they can be just as fast as piston-less builds.

It's really the other way around: the challenge has always been to get pistonless builds to be as fast as piston builds (ex. CLE vs instacarry, xor gates). Pistons always have the advantage of instant block moving (the instant they move the block they're pushing/pulling becomes nonsolid)

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - Neogreenyew - 05-13-2014

Oh wow that's cool... it's a shame they haven't cared to fix pistons first. Get ready for even more piston related bullshit. All the pros realize that solid-state is the way to go anyway.

RE: New slime block mechanic with snapshot. - PabloDons - 05-14-2014

(05-13-2014, 10:54 PM)Neogreenyew Wrote: Oh wow that's cool... it's a shame they haven't cared to fix pistons first. Get ready for even more piston related bullshit. All the pros realize that solid-state is the way to go anyway.
I like how in every off-topic thread, suddenly we're speaking on-topic again
edit: woops, posted in the wrong thread xD