Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) (/thread-2798.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Dcentrics - 02-24-2014

This weekend i will be building/initializing the server that will arrive on Friday. Look forward to paulydboys mod pack that he has constructed for the server. AAAAAAAAnd we still haven't got a way to efficiency get the modpack to you guys but i hope you at least know how to install stuff. alright that's about it!

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - tokumei - 02-24-2014

If you send me a zip of a mc installation that fits the mod requirements, I can find a way to distribute it for you.
EDIT: Without breaking Minecraft's copyright laws

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Iceglade - 02-24-2014

(02-24-2014, 05:57 PM)DJ8X Wrote: EDIT: Without breaking Minecraft's copyright laws

That's somewhat important :p

Looking forward to FTB though, should be awesome!

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Chibill - 02-24-2014

I say post the mods and configs in a zip on a topic here.

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - mort96 - 02-25-2014

Just make sure it works on Linux and OS X too, and I'll be happy.

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Apuly - 02-25-2014

Needed to modify the config a bit by the way (apperently forestry also added copper&silver). I'll need to send the new config to you.

I got it to work for the multimc launcher, so you meight want to start downloading that if you don't want it to be put in your .minecraft folder. The installation process seems to be as easy as dumping the entire thing into the instances folder (according to youtube). I'll post a link to where you can download the multiMC version of the modpack at the bottom of this reply. If you still want it in your .minecraft folder, you need to install Forge 7.8.1.737, and then dump the mod folder and the config into it.
If you want to install it in other launchers, installing forge doesn't work for some magical reason, it meight be because some of the libraries can't be downloaded. You can just get those from the lib folder in the multiMC version, and dump those into the lib folder of the instance that your magical launcher has created.

The config in the client version (should) be all right. If you start shouting at your computer because it makes random blieps in creative: ars magica add those for when your potion effect is about to run out. No idea how to turn it off. You should also be able to dissable the sounds that the rock crusher makes in the railcraft config.

And it should theoraticly be working for linux/OS X, but I'm not sure, because my ubuntu laptop is shit, and we don't have any OS X machines in this house, so I wasn't able to test it.

The Galaxy download (yes, I called it the galaxy, wanted to make a bad pun, but I was to lazy to figure out how to craft books with text in them.)

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Chibill - 02-25-2014

You do know that the luncher let's you say where for that profile to put the stuff like saves and servers the game Dir it's normally .minecraft but you can set it.

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Apuly - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 01:52 PM)Chibill Wrote: You do know that the luncher let's you say where for that profile to put the stuff like saves and servers the game Dir it's normally .minecraft but you can set it.

I know. That was my initial plan. BUT, at least for me, only the jar file was being put into this magical folder, and the config, mods and config mods, and pretty much everything, was appearing inside the .minecraft folder. Not that I've done a lot of research, nor that I have researched it at all, but judging by the fact that, although the jar was in a different folder than .minecraft, everything was still appearing in .minecraft.

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - Chibill - 02-26-2014

Also you have forge installed improperly. that's the installer you run as a java program to install it in to the normal launcher's profiles or in a server or just to get the normal forge jar.

But yeah.

RE: FTB should be running soon. (weekend) - tello14 - 02-26-2014

*is immmediately interested in the new FTB server after not being around the community since he had to work on his PC... AGAIN)