Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Content ideas for the ORE channel - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Content ideas for the ORE channel (/thread-2022.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Content ideas for the ORE channel - EDevil - 01-17-2014

Now, you guys all probably know about the plot showcase series on the ORE YouTube channel. If now, it was created to showcase another plot each week. Using this system, we would think that the members of ORE would put extra afford in their plots while making some sick creations.

This however, causes a problem. Because we only want top quality videos on the ORE channel, its taking a lot of time to get the right footage, edit the video, match audio, render it, and upload it to YouTube. Dont get me wrong, i absolutely love making videos (like many others on ORE as well), but at this stage its taking too much free time for a weekly show. Not only for me, but as you may or may not know, Jeremy made the very first plot showcases, and he stopped making them as well (guess why Wink ).

Whats the plan than? Well, i wanted to extend the deadline from 1 week to a month. I do not think this would be a big problem, since the fact that the last plot video was 2 months ago, meaning that we didnt make the planned 8 plot showcases.

The other thing is, and that's why i initially started this topic, to review creations instead of plots. Of course, these videos wont be very long, but will be entertaining for the community, and still provide that "challenging" feeling. Feel free to discuss these 2 points down below, and why you think these is a good / bad ideas.

(ps: yeah, i totally want to grow the ORE channel, im a youtube fanboy)

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - Xray_Doc - 01-17-2014

Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure people will help out. but if we run out of content...

We could always upload my ORE videos.

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - EDevil - 01-17-2014

(01-17-2014, 05:22 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure people will help out. but if we run out of content...

We could always upload my ORE videos.

ITS THE PERFECT PLAN

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - Jmking80 - 01-17-2014

Yus do it, you awesome :3

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - WrytXander - 01-17-2014

We could have members showcase their creations and upload them up! Or like, have several other people to upload diffrent content, like X person could do tutorials, Y person could do showcases or what not.

We should define a set of standarts for the video and maybe open up a dropbox/box/drive account to let only one person have access to channel while generating rich content.

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - Dcentrics - 01-17-2014

I can make tutorials with others in teamspeak. I have a computer that can record MC on the highest settings at 340 fps :p just set up a time! btw i also have access to the ORE youtube so dont worry about the ability to upload

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - AFtExploision - 01-17-2014

I can provide scripts full of things inappropriate to afts.

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - Iceglade - 01-17-2014

I thought about this for a bit and honestly I don't have an opinion at the moment.

On a slightly related note, is that edit of the track you used in the starting 2014 video free? If so, where could I find it?

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - EDevil - 01-17-2014

Sorry, its 1 euro :/ Can find it in itunes

RE: Content ideas for the ORE channel - Iceglade - 01-18-2014

* Iceglade begins a long grueling royalty free hunt