Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
TRUE Gate - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: TRUE Gate (/thread-2008.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TRUE Gate - EDevil - 01-16-2014

Because everyone is making threads about creations & bumping them every 4 minutes, i decided to make one myself.

So the idea is this, TRUE Gate in MC. I'm not sure if this has been done before, but i think i'll be the very first redstoner to make an in-progress log about it. Good enough for me.

So, before making a creation, i always start out with testing my project in logism. And to be honest, it doesnt seem to be looking good;

[Image: B9jeNsT.png]

I cant get the output on, which is supposed to happen with a TRUE gate. However, i wont give up that easily. Even though Logism is giving me false results, i WILL build the TRUE gate in mc. I'll keep you guys up-to date, and post progress in this thread.

(05-11-2014, 03:09 PM)EDevil Wrote: UPDATE!

I've been less active-ish with this due to some other projects (making stupid ALU's, etc.), but im 100% back!

Progress;
[Image: dJTx1ae.jpg]

As you can see, the base is already build. I opted to go with a comparator based TRUE gates. Solid state has proven me many times of its reliability, and because i used the comparator variant of the gate, you could even pipeline through this gate at 2 ticks!

Now its only handeling the inputs and output. More progress updates will follow!

RE: TRUE Gate - Cutlassw30 - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 11:33 AM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote: Because everyone is making threads about creations & bumping them every 4 minutes, i decided to make one myself.

So the idea is this, TRUE Gate in MC. I'm not sure if this has been done before, but i think i'll be the very first redstoner to make an in-progress log about it. Good enough for me.

So, before making a creation, i always start out with testing my project in logism. And to be honest, it doesnt seem to be looking good;

[Image: B9jeNsT.png]

I cant get the output on, which is supposed to happen with a TRUE gate. However, i wont give up that easily. Even though Logism is giving me false results, i WILL build the TRUE gate in mc. I'll keep you guys up-to date, and post progress in this thread.

Add pull down resistors on the "inputs" to stop floating values.

RE: TRUE Gate - Halflife390 - 01-16-2014

I true gate has its output on no matter what the input is right? Then what's wrong with just having a torch and the inputs not going it to it?

RE: TRUE Gate - EDevil - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 03:29 PM)Halflife390 Wrote: I true gate has its output on no matter what the input is right? Then what's wrong with just having a torch and the inputs not going it to it?

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF THE TRUE GATE >:{O

RE: TRUE Gate - Guy1234567890 - 01-16-2014

Clearly some level of abstraction is causing the argument to be lost in the vastness of redstone. The transcendence of TRUE philosophy cannot be comprehended in a single thread.

RE: TRUE Gate - WrytXander - 01-16-2014

Well first of all, I think, we should define true and discuss weather the real true - if there is one - is the same as the abstracated true value.

Even though optimization and obtaining efficiency in MC will be pretty difficult, the outcome would be aeviternaly superb.

RE: TRUE Gate - David - 01-16-2014

Hmmm, this is a complicated problem, especially with the complexness of a TRUE gate. I'll follow this thread as you post updates.

RE: TRUE Gate - Halflife390 - 01-16-2014

I think were on the edge of a new frontier with this one!

RE: TRUE Gate - Legofreak - 01-16-2014

[Image: anygate_zps946d3bc0.png]
You can use my multi gate in true mode to double check your findings... Lol

RE: TRUE Gate - Cutlassw30 - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 08:11 PM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: [Image: anygate_zps946d3bc0.png]
You can use my multi gate in true mode to double check your findings... Lol

I doubt that has a proper true gate function. Particles in the wafer of silicon may lead to a astable output and a clock would be needed to update this true gate at around 100mhz. But then its not a gate as its a syncronous truegate.