Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? (/thread-1702.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Apuly - 12-23-2013

As some people might have noticed, we are moving away from the FTB modpack. As a replacement for FTB, the community is going to put together their own modpack.

And that's where YOU come into the picture. Because we're going to need mods. And you're going to have to suggest them to us. In this tread you can suggest the mods, and in an unknown amount of time we will make another tread where you can vote which mods are in, and which mods are out.

You can suggest as many mods as you want, just consider what effect the mods meight have on the gameplay.

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Xray_Doc - 12-23-2013

At least a flymod, a data ID shower when you hover over blocks in inventory, and worldedit CUI.

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Jmking80 - 12-23-2013

here is my go at it: Applied energistics, Not enough items, chicken chunks, computercraft,
inventory tweaks, iron chest mods, modular force field, omnitools.
industrial craft, advanced solars.

note: I didn't check for any compatibility

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Apuly - 12-23-2013

(12-23-2013, 08:40 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: At least a flymod, a data ID shower when you hover over blocks in inventory, and worldedit CUI.

It seems like you're not understanding what kind of modpack this is going to be. This is going to replace the FTB survival modpack server etc, so we're looking for mods which adds more stuff to survival. So no flymod, and no WE CUI. And as a pro tip, with f3+h, you can make vanilla MC show the data value when you're hovering over an item in your inventory.

My personal list:
IC2, gregtech, project red, buildcraft, Buildcraft Additional Pipes, Logistic pipes, computercraft, misc peripherals, NEI, inventory tweaks, iron chests, ChickenChunks, extrabiomesxl or biomes o plenty, advanced solars, MineFactory reloaded, Hopper ducts, More potions, Nether ores, TwoTility, Factorisation, tropicraft, and a nerved version of AdditionalCrafting.

edit: removed applied energetics, added more stuff

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Xray_Doc - 12-23-2013

Oh, I thought it was a build server modpack. I don't play FTB so I'll just leave now.

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Chibill - 12-23-2013

I will work on my patched version of my mod to make it fit for this! So it will be harder to make le spawners!

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Chibill - 12-23-2013

All most done fixing it up.!

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Chibill - 12-24-2013

[attachment=116]The ORE Edition of AditionalCrafting it only has spawners but unlike soul shards they obey the Spawn Cap. Also there are now 2 teirs to the spawners.

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - David - 12-24-2013

that mod that changes enchanting, it's called enchanting+ I think, I'll look it up right now.

EDIT: Here is the forum thread of the mod -clicky-

RE: Which mods should be included in the ORE modpack? - Apuly - 12-24-2013

Let's say we give this thread another week, and on the first of januari we will start the voting.