Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: MCsim (pre-alpha release) (/thread-1606.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Iceglade - 02-11-2015

This has got to be the single most bumped thread in the history of forums

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Tommyand - 03-01-2015

(02-11-2015, 11:09 PM)Iceglade Wrote: This has got to be the single most bumped thread in the history of forums

I'm not so sure about that. I refer you to the subforum dedicated entirely to being spammed, which I can't remember the name of right now.

I agree with the name 'MC Ticker'. It's very apt and literal. Perfect description of what it does! xD
I'll say more once I've actually tried it.

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - CX gamer - 03-03-2015

Indeed! Big Grin

I had quite some trouble narrowing down an infinite repaint loop, but it seems to be solved. Did some more work towards selecting stuff, and it seems to be consistently working now. It works just like in excel with shift and ctrl (or cmd). Up next is moving the contents of selections and tiling, both will take a while.

[attachment=559]

I've also released version 0.2, which has mostly internal changes, still lots of bugs.

https://github.com/CXgamer/MCsim/releases/tag/v0.2-pre-alpha

EDIT: Good news! Because of this problem I couldn't get an instance of a player without adding authlib as dependency. That player instance was necessary to right click certain things like repeaters (because of playerIn.capabilities.allowEdit). It was a stupid mistake and it is now fixed again. It worked before, but I couldn't export the jar with authlib still in it, so in this release right click won't work, in future ones it will. Big Grin

EDIT2: Oh yeah, to top off the good new with some bad news, I found out there is at least one simulation inaccuracy with this kind of piston worms. Still scratching my head about it.

EDIT3: Fixed it! Big Grin Much more accurate now. I'll mainly focus on making things stable for a while.

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - CX gamer - 03-18-2015

The export window has been broken for a while now, so I completely remade it, it should be ready for anything you throw at it, though still a bit buggy.

[Image: Q28rMbS.png]

[Image: y0x4VRw.gif]

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Chibill - 03-18-2015

Cool. I am going to work on my deobfuscating loader more but I can't really do anything till next week because of theater...

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - CX gamer - 03-22-2015

Awesome! Big Grin

I ripped the images of the wiki and put them into the NBT viewer:

[Image: 01GWDGG.png]

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - CX gamer - 04-01-2015

I fixed a bug that puzzled me for at least a year (and was probably in there for much longer). I looked everywhere and searched for days with no avail. But now it's fixed and the fix was stupid. xD Anyway I've been adding icons to a lot of places, there are now keyboard shortcuts for tool selection and scrolling in the editor for zooming/layer selection. Also there is now a graphic for a solid block behind the current layer, because I was finding it hard to place redstone wires on blocks you can't see. The readme has been updated to reflect these changes.

So now my plan is to fix small inconveniences here and there, and then release an alpha version. For that version I'm going to look for testers who will report any bugs they may find. The simulation should be bug-free, or at least what is expected to be simulated.

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - vin97 - 06-16-2015

I would be happy to test it.

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - jxu - 06-17-2015

idk if CX gamer is still alive, but he always turns up eventually

RE: MCsim (pre-alpha release) - Chibill - 06-22-2015

He is might just have other stuff to do.