Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Banned for spam - Posted only 2-3 links - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Incidents (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-97.html)
+---- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-99.html)
+---- Thread: Banned for spam - Posted only 2-3 links (/thread-15882.html)

Pages: 1 2

Banned for spam - Posted only 2-3 links - RedProGaming - 07-11-2020

Hello,

I know I had posted stupid appeals over and over again, but this is an actual appeal that might convince you that I should be unbanned.

I'm not sure if you realize how strict are nickster's or any other admin's actions, but here's the whole thing.
Basically yesterday everyone started spamming random links, and I did it too, though I didn't really spam, I just posted 2 links, one 1 time and the other 2 times. They were appropriate links and considering I've been banned for 6 months I can't even remember most of what I did before the ban. Honestly, this 2 day ban, I could wait it out, just that the punishment is a little unfair.

Honestly, what I think should be fair is if the whole chat was muted, and then an admin would say that stop posting links or they will start muting people, then the chat would be unmuted, and if people continued admins would start MUTING people, but not banning.

Please think about this.
Thank you.

RE: Banned for spam - Posted only 2-3 links - Trecar - 07-11-2020

As said in Discord, you were told to stop but did not. Considering your past imo a 48 hour ban is very very short for this. When told in Discord to appeal in forums, you argued not to do this as "Nick would see it".
You can delete those if you wish, screenshits have been commenced.
So, you have already lied again by not mentioning you were told to stop, instead playing the victim with "Just 2-3 links". You try to hide it from Nickster (Good luck with that), so you want to split the community for your personal gain. You were also generally extremely ignoring, respoonding to admins on the server telling to behave yourself with "ok lmao" and outright ignoring them. You were generally extremely obnoxious.

To me, this proves that you are in no way a fitting member in this community and needless to say have not changed AT ALL. At best, your presence on ORE will only scare potentially nice builders away as your behaviour is giving a bad impression of the community.

I know this is for staff to decide. In my opinion you deserve a permaban.

RE: Banned for spam - Posted only 2-3 links - RedProGaming - 07-11-2020

I'm just mad at the way he judges people, I want him to think more about his actions. Also, I just DIDN'T mention it, and I can admit, yes, the admin did tell me to stop but STILL a ban should be way too much for just 2-3 links. Also, Trecar, you should spread less hate over here and respond a little more calmly. You act the way nickster does and your responses always contain anger and disrespect. I have changed and it was supposed to be a simple joke. And nickster targeted me. And I'm not the only one who doesn't deserve a ban, Memester didn't deserve it too. Not even a 30 min ban. He either was supposed to be muted or not muted at all. In my opinion, trecar, you're just being a prick to me and please prove me wrong. Also, I mentioned for you to think about it, you just straight up throwed hate on me. I expected you to be more respectful. Thanks for the response anyway.

Practice what you preach first.

I am serious, I would like staff to rethink whether this person should be a part of this community given yesterdays and today events.

(07-11-2020, 01:28 PM)Trecar Wrote: Practice what you preach first.

I am serious, I would like staff to rethink whether this person should be a part of this community given yesterdays and today events.

Listen, Trecar, all I did is post 2-3 links. You're just being a prick to me. Please prove me wrong though. The reason I think it's unfair is because for spam (even though I didn't spam) you don't just ban, if they're being a prick you just go ahead and mute them. Not ban. Trecar, I don't like to hate on people but seriously, please prove me wrong. I'm currently waiting for staff to reply and spread their opinion. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to add that I don't even remember most of what I did wrong before the 6 month ban. If I were you, Trecar, I'd really think about what I'd say.

1) There is no mute on ORE because people are not silenced. This is why you are allowed to cry in forums too btw.
2) You really should remember what you did wrong. This again shows that you have not changed or even try to. This would require reflecting what you did what you just admitted you have not even tried.
3) You trying to lecture me is hilarious.

I am once again asking for your financial support staff to review this unban.

(07-11-2020, 02:16 PM)Trecar Wrote: 1) There is no mute on ORE because people are not silenced. This is why you are allowed to cry in forums too btw.
2) You really should remember what you did wrong. This again shows that you have not changed or even try to. This would require reflecting what you did what you just admitted you have not even tried.
3) You trying to lecture me is hilarious.

I am once again asking for your financial support staff to review this unban.

Hey Trecar, you're still being a prick. Just stop it and prove me wrong once. Also, there is mute. For example, if visitors spam they get muted, so there is mute.

Also @Staff: If you are wondering what i'm doing in this appeal its mainly coz I was on yesterday when he joined and annoyed the living shit out of me, so when he posts "Just 2-3 links" I felt the need to rectify this.
Please excuse me if this should have been a separate thread in incidents, but I think this is easier to follow for everyone than posting a new thread with a screenshit of this one.

(07-11-2020, 02:48 PM)Trecar Wrote: Also @Staff: If you are wondering what i'm doing in this appeal its mainly coz I was on yesterday when he joined and annoyed the living shit out of me, so when he posts "Just 2-3 links" I felt the need to rectify this.
Please excuse me if this should have been a separate thread in incidents, but I think this is easier to follow for everyone than posting a new thread with a screenshit of this one.

What the hell did I do? I literally said "shut up" when you said shit about me. Just stop, I don't understand your goal here. Just prove me wrong already, PLEASE.

RE: Banned for spam - Posted only 2-3 links - Nickster258 - 07-11-2020

As Trecar said, we don't really mute anyone outside of extreme conditions (i.e. server raids with offensive chat). You were banned after you directly broke Staff's instruction to stop posting links. Everyone was told to not post any more links and give the bot a break. You posted a link and I followed that up with effectively asking you to stop again. You posted another link, so you were banned for 24 hours. You then went to Discord and posted the same link, so your ban was extended to 48 hours.

The ban was of considerable length given your history with similar circumstances. Please look back at your ban history and notice how you have an issue of continuing to do things even though Staff tell you explicitly to stop doing said things. This incident is an indication that you have not changed, so Staff are quite concerned.