Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Moderation (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-94.html)
+--- Forum: Incidents (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-97.html)
+---- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-99.html)
+---- Thread: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal (/thread-15692.html)

Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - Wigglebot23 - 03-23-2020

I apologize for crashing freebuild, and that was after causing a lot of lag. I should have not moved the minecarts. I also did not take it too seriously after the crash.

RE: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - PabloDons - 03-23-2020

Based on conversations after your ban, it is clear you have a problem with the existence of freebuild. Any such concerns are perfectly valid, though the actions to address these concerns were not. I would like you to voice your opinion here. And also any suggestions for how to improve if possible. This should serve as as an exercise for what do to when you wish to change something about ORE.

RE: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - Wigglebot23 - 03-23-2020

The two actions weren't related even if it sounds like they are (and I made them seem related), and I still believe what I have done was not right. As for my opinions on freebuild, it is limited more than school, and I don't know of any good reason to not do /apply. It is also not anarchy. The only reason for it to exist is I don't think /p trust * works. I would like it to be more like flatmap which some servers have (mobs allowed, infinite, superflat). The problem is anyone can access it which means it can be griefed, but so can current freebuild (and I'll admit I'm quite guilty of it). To fix this problem (assuming it becomes used for projects), I guess griefing certain actual builds (things that are not okay to grief in plots for example) may need to be punishable.

RE: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - PabloDons - 03-24-2020

I appreciate your feedback. It does appear that freebuild has no other purpose than for students to collaborate. I'm not entirely sure if /p trust works, but I'll check it out. We will also discuss the future of freebuild amongst staff.

In the meantime. I can only assume you're lying about the relation of those two things. You didn't just make it seem like they were related. You outright spelled it out.

From discord:

[2:52 AM] GamingLiamStudios: @Wigglebot23 Completely crippled freebuild
[2:53 AM] Wigglebot23: Minecarts are the best thing ever added to Minecraft
[3:50 AM] EpicnessLord12: apart from redstone
[4:22 AM] Wigglebot23: Yeah and freebuild (at least of the current type) does not belong on redstone servers.
[4:23 AM] Wigglebot23: So I just destroy it

Simply stating that this was not true, especially when it directly affects your appeal, is not going to convince me. We want to accept your sincere apology and we believe you when you say you regret it, but that kind of behavior is kind of a big problem.

RE: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - RealGamingliamYT - 03-26-2020

I am just replying here to apologise for my actions, not for a ban appeal.
I'm sorry for helping wiggle make freebuild unplayable.

Edit: I had other stuff here but it just didn't seem right

RE: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - Wigglebot23 - 03-26-2020

(03-26-2020, 01:29 AM)RealGamingliamYT Wrote: I am just replying here to apologise for my actions, not for a ban appeal.
I'm sorry for helping wiggle make freebuild unplayable.
I acknowledge what I did was wrong and that's why I'm going to wait to April 8th for the ban to end.
Sincere Apologies,
GLS

I don't understand but okay

RE: Apology for crashing freebuild, and ban appeal - Wigglebot23 - 03-26-2020

(03-24-2020, 04:07 PM)PabloDons Wrote: I appreciate your feedback. It does appear that freebuild has no other purpose than for students to collaborate. I'm not entirely sure if /p trust works, but I'll check it out. We will also discuss the future of freebuild amongst staff.

In the meantime. I can only assume you're lying about the relation of those two things. You didn't just make it seem like they were related. You outright spelled it out.

From discord:

[2:52 AM] GamingLiamStudios: @Wigglebot23 Completely crippled freebuild
[2:53 AM] Wigglebot23: Minecarts are the best thing ever added to Minecraft
[3:50 AM] EpicnessLord12: apart from redstone
[4:22 AM] Wigglebot23: Yeah and freebuild (at least of the current type) does not belong on redstone servers.
[4:23 AM] Wigglebot23: So I just destroy it

Simply stating that this was not true, especially when it directly affects your appeal, is not going to convince me. We want to accept your sincere apology and we believe you when you say you regret it, but that kind of behavior is kind of a big problem.

The reason I participated in Fartonaut's campfires and caused lag in general was partially because of that. Me "completely crippling freebuild" is what I said to give the effect that I didn't care (and now do). I'm not trying to argue over what my excuse was, I'm just saying there is no good excuse.