Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Elections Fall 2018! READ THE UPDATE! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Elections Fall 2018! READ THE UPDATE! (/thread-14566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Elections Fall 2018! READ THE UPDATE! - Nickster258 - 09-09-2018

Nominations are CLOSED

Hello all,

The time has come for elections to be a thing and this thread is for giving details about the election process and for users to post their nominations.

Simply enough, if you want to see someone become a moderator on ORE, nominate them by posting in this thread with their username and why you think they should be on the Staff team. Nominees must be builders for at least 4 months in order to qualify for moderator.

Nominations close 9/14/18 @6pm EST

For those unfamiliar with the election process, there are two steps.
  1. Nominations
    1. Here, each user can nominate up to one person to run for moderator. Users cannot nominate themselves.
    2. The nominees are to reply to their nomination post with their acceptance and why they think they would be a good fit for moderator. If the nominee does not respond to their nomination post, they will not be put on the ballot.
    3. During this, the Staff will take note of the nominees and will be vetoing candidates depending upon previous conflicts and history. This process is all internal.
  1. Voting
    1. Once the list of nominees has been approved, the ballot will be posted and the users will be given clear instructions on how to vote.
    2. Once the voting period is up, the votes will be counted and the new moderators will be announced.
Unlike previous Staff elections, this election will implement Single Transferable Vote (STV) to evaluate the ballot. STV voting is the ideal form of vote evaluation to ensure that each vote or point given by a voter will go towards choosing the right candidate for the job. More information on STV voting can be had here: https://youtu.be/bLH_w5kHJpA

Currently Nominated Builders:
    Considered
  • LordDecapo - Double Accepted
  • Tyler569 - Secretly Accepted
  • YoloB4BY Still Student
  • Artsicle Still Student.. and self nominated...
  • xWaazes_ - Declined
  • Nemes - Declined
Note: Posts where an already nominated person is nominated will be deleted.

Nominees wanna be in the first ORE Podcast? *update*
If you have accepted a nomination and would like to be featured in the first ORE podcast, please contact Nickster, DataCorruption, or Decapo. Decapo would like to discuss when you would want to do a voice interview consisting of five questions (see below) regarding the ORE and the election. You may also do the interview in text  as well, I will end up reading your answers while they are posted on screen.

Decapo can be contacted on Discord (LordDecapo#2895) or by clicking his name in the paragraph above.

Questions:

1. What’s your name and how long have you been on ORE?
  2. What do you like most about ORE?
  3. What kind of projects have you done on ORE or with other ORE members?
  4. Why should someone vote for you?
  5. Is there something you would like to see changed on ORE?

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - zSwifty - 09-09-2018

I think Digitalis should become mod

Reason: he is active alot of the time and doesnt fuck up as often if at all compared to other players on the server. 

also memes

~ _zSwifty_

100th post

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - Kuki - 09-09-2018

Electric friez is my choice

bcuz he is awesome,pretty active,gay,knows how to parkour on redstone,gud at computationale redstonene,not much dramas/bans.

he kool kid

also memes

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - Computteren - 09-09-2018

I nominate nnewram because he has shown that he can be trusted and he's good at doing trials and in general a nice person Smile

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - HyperXti - 09-09-2018

I nominate the one and only EEVV

Reason: He has Divine Intellect! He has shown great skills with redstone. EEVV is also a fantastic teacher as he really cares about others.

haters are just jealous people

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - Matthew - 09-09-2018

(09-09-2018, 01:58 PM)Nikkide Wrote: I nominate DataCorruption because I think he would be a great mod as he's already demonstrated maturity when needed

Oh and also he knows memes

i love you nikk <3 

I ACCEPT, THESE ARE THE REASONS I'LL BE THE BEST DAMN MOD THIS SERVER HAS EVER SEEN!
  • I have a lot of free time
  • Me and 1 of the admins are 69ing right now
  • dpol / spawn
  • i have a tiny dick so no one will be jealous
  • already doing bts work on big ore stuff
  • NEVER in history have i broken rule 2 
  • I wont try to host the server on a hypervisor ip
  • last but not least  im super gay
    i will ban all the straights...
    #Gay4ORE

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - Digitalis - 09-09-2018

I nominate _zSwifty_.

He's been around for just as long as I have, and was more consistently active over that time. He has quite a bit of experience with the server and has built a CPU before, something which I can't claim to have done yet-- that drive to actually finish projects is a trait that I find personally admirable and I believe would be highly applicable to a position as moderator.

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - zSwifty - 09-09-2018

(09-09-2018, 03:13 PM)Digitalis Wrote: I nominate _zSwifty_.

He's been around for just as long as I have, and was more consistently active over that time. He has quite a bit of experience with the server and has built a CPU before, something which I can't claim to have done yet-- that drive to actually finish projects is a trait that I find personally admirable and I believe would be highly applicable to a position as moderator.

I would be a good moderator due to being active on the server most days in the 3 years i have been here, my friendships with the other builders students and staff, i understand the ruleset and follow them at all times, and i am responsible for when something i do is incorrect or can be bad towards the server e.g. w/e derps, i know when to stop when joking about aka when jokes go too far to the point of offense towards others, and i also like to make sure nothing bad is happening on the server e.g. rule 2 breakers, spammers, griefers, etc.

thanks for the nomination <3 bb

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - Digitalis - 09-09-2018

(09-09-2018, 01:54 PM)Billcharl Wrote: I think Digitalis should become mod

Reason: he is active alot of the time and doesnt fuck up as often if at all compared to other players on the server. 

also memes

~ _zSwifty_

100th post

I accept.

I believe I would fit well on the moderation team because I'm fairly active and have been subject to very little drama over the past ~2 years that I've been on for recently. Additionally I like helping people-- I have been enjoying my position as Teacher on the school server for this reason. Moderator is a lot of the same thing in principle, just with an extended power set; I would just be able to help accept applications, run trials, and keep things calm so people can go about their business without disturbance.

RE: Elections Fall 2018! - marwenn - 09-09-2018

(09-09-2018, 02:25 PM)Computteren Wrote: I nominate nnewram because he has shown that he can be trusted and he's good at doing trials and in general a nice person Smile

I accept my nomination as moderator and would like to thank compie for giving me the chance to express my outmost gratitude to the ORE community. 

However i do not think that bragging about oneself is a good way to show who you really are. That said, i would like to show you what i have done under the time i've been on ORE:
Helping the staff team with trials when they dont feel like it.
Teaching students the hidden magic of computational redstoning.
Chasing pauk down parkour lane Tongue
of course snorting them memes !

Well it might not seem as much but this is what i do on a daily basis. I am almost always active and i love to help people out. If i would get staff that would give me the chance to help out even more. Something that i think would change the most about me as a person is that i would take alot more responsebility.

All in all i think me as staff would mean a new productive member to the staff team which i think would be greatly appreciated by the existing members. Give power to the swedes !