Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE Web 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: ORE Web 2.0 (/thread-14352.html)

Pages: 1 2

ORE Web 2.0 - Nickster258 - 07-25-2018

Hello everyone,

For quite a long time our websites have been anything but impressive. They were fairly ugly with unintuitive designs and looked incredibly dated. Everyone, we are excited to roll out the much needed website overhaul.

openredstone.org
This has been quite an ugly site for such a long time and has never been too visually impressive. With the new changes, there is not much functionally different, but it is now a visual masterpiece to look at.

forum.openredstone.org
The forums have been in need of repair for quite some time. We have made a visual overhaul that will be much more responsive to mobile browsers and provide those with the desktop experience with a more modern design.

cas.openredstone.org
CAS is the first step towards unifying our login system. Registration is a simple as typing /register on the Build server and completing the form. Once entering the command, you will be given a link along with instructions on how to register. This is simple and straightforward. Once registered, be sure to check your email (Yes, for now also spam) to verify your email address. Once this is all done, your account is registered and verified and can be used with the other CAS-linked services

Just to be clear, you do not have to enter your Mojang credentials. This system is entirely separate from Mojang's authentication servers. As it stands now, schems.openredstone.org is the only site to be using the CAS. Over time, we will slowly get other services to use it also, such as the forums and IRC.

schems.openredstone.org
People have been begging for the re-release of the schematics system back since it was removed early 2016. Well, the time has come. After building up my own knowledge base and confidence to tackle this, I finally managed to set this up with thanks to the CAS. Now, users just have to register with one service and can log into other services with the same credentials. Make sure you save your creations with //save name and load them with //load name or else your schematic will not be saved to your profile.

As always, we greatly appreciate feedback on such things and we encourage you to responsibly report issues if you manage to find them.

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - Hastumer - 07-25-2018

Thank god. This was much needed!

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - Phase - 07-27-2018

Nice job! Everything looks super clean!

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - Matthew - 07-28-2018

amazing!

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - ElectroPlaysMC - 07-29-2018

this is great!

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - jxu - 08-03-2018

Too much wasted whitespace IMO.

Also attachments don't work for me? I get nginx 413 error Request Entity Too Large.

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - Nickster258 - 08-03-2018

(08-03-2018, 08:31 PM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: Too much wasted whitespace IMO.

Also attachments don't work for me? I get nginx 413 error Request Entity Too Large.

Nothing on the attachments side of things changed, so that may have been the case before the update.

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - PabloDons - 08-03-2018

nginx has a setting that limits upload size. I think it's in the default config. You just put an entry in the server config and you're good

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - jxu - 08-04-2018

I wanted to upload a 5 MB file of old TS chats I found on my hard drive. Can you change the limit?

RE: ORE Web 2.0 - Nickster258 - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 11:28 PM)PabloDons Wrote: nginx has a setting that limits upload size. I think it's in the default config. You just put an entry in the server config and you're good
I am familiar. I changed it for the schematics system.
(08-04-2018, 12:01 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: I wanted to upload a 5 MB file of old TS chats I found on my hard drive. Can you change the limit?

Why are they, which essentially are just text files, 5MB?