Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet is finally here! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet is finally here! (/thread-11490.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - Koyarno - 01-02-2017

I think those were later goals slug wanted to address. I guess that the busy routers could have additional buffers (or 1 for each direction) and/or processing multiple packets at once. It is not impossible, it just requires a lot of timing and planning.

My take on it:
- 1 input buffer NESW shared, 1 output. so 1:1. Can only handle 1 connection well without dropping packets.
- >= 2 input buffers NESW shared, 1 proces. so 2:1 Can handle more connections at once without dropping packets.
- 4 directional input buffers, 1 proces. 4:1. Same as above but a bit easier to make i guess
- 4 directional input buffers, 4 processes so 4:4. pretty much a router on steroids. Each direction can handle its own address calculation but this does require many decoders, a 4:4 crossbar and cooldown clocks.

As it is right now, the routers can only handle 1 connection and collision detection is pretty poor. Long way to go still Smile

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - slugdude - 01-03-2017

(01-02-2017, 11:46 AM)Koyarno Wrote: I think those were later goals slug wanted to address. I guess that the busy routers could have additional buffers (or 1 for each direction) and/or processing multiple packets at once. It is not impossible, it just requires a lot of timing and planning.

My take on it:
- 1 input buffer NESW shared, 1 output. so 1:1. Can only handle 1 connection well without dropping packets.
- >= 2 input buffers NESW shared, 1 proces. so 2:1 Can handle more connections at once without dropping packets.
- 4 directional input buffers, 1 proces. 4:1. Same as above but a bit easier to make i guess
- 4 directional input buffers, 4 processes so 4:4. pretty much a router on steroids. Each direction can handle its own address calculation but this does require many decoders, a 4:4 crossbar and cooldown clocks.

As it is right now, the routers can only handle 1 connection and collision detection is pretty poor. Long way to go still Smile

With multiple processes, you'd have to worry about collisions occuring when two or more packets are sent in the same direction, so like there would be two or moreĀ packets coming out of the same router in the same direction at the same time -______- effort.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - Koyarno - 01-03-2017

That is the point of those clocks/timers; one for each direction. you cannot send while the clock is still active and there has to be some priority given for another packet if there are multiple competing.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - slugdude - 01-04-2017

Actually with my current method of processing the packet that wouldn't be too hard on second thought.

Also update: Sorry for the delays in iOn rollout, after the aPuly WE derp, I couldn't do stuff until it was sorted, then I kinda forgot and now I got school stuff irl to worry about. But don't worry, I'll still be doing this when I get the chance.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - LambdaPI - 01-04-2017

Can you implement TCP/IP? Big Grin

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - LambdaPI - 01-04-2017

Also, I would love to be connected, but I am far away and yea. Sadness. If you can put some wires over unclaimed plots, that would be good and I would be connected Big Grin

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - slugdude - 01-05-2017

(01-04-2017, 05:59 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: Also, I would love to be connected, but I am far away and yea. Sadness. If you can put some wires over unclaimed plots, that would be good and I would be connected Big Grin

I'm not allowed to use unclaimed plots.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - jxu - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 08:55 AM)slugdude Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 05:59 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: Also, I would love to be connected, but I am far away and yea. Sadness. If you can put some wires over unclaimed plots, that would be good and I would be connected Big Grin

I'm not allowed to use unclaimed plots.

Claim eminent domainĀ  Tongue

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - LambdaPI - 01-06-2017

Rip lam 2k16

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - LambdaPI - 01-06-2017

Unless i casually claim 5 more plots