Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet is finally here! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet is finally here! (/thread-11490.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - qwerasd205 - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 05:12 AM)qwerasd205 Wrote: So here's an idea for a standardized protocol declaration packet:
A: I'm trying to connect to you, are you alive? (A ping)
B: I am alive. (A pong)
B: are you alive?  (A ping)
A: I am alive. (A pong)
*Please note that for every packet beyond this point the other client responds with an acknowledgement. If no ack is received the packet is re-sent*
A: I want to use protocol X do you support it? (2 packets: protocol request, and protocol declaration)
B: Yes, I do support protocol X, I run protocol X with Y and Z specifications (1 packet: Yes I do support protocol X. N packets: specifications)
A: Okay, I'm beginning now. (1 packet)

After B responds with specifications there should also be a "That is all" packet

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - LordDecapo - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 04:27 AM)EmpirerBAD Wrote: EUREKA! - reliable 10 bps transmission between an ADC & DAC (until there is another problem...)

just ironed out the problem with my keyboard data transmission. Put dust after the locked repeaters in the mux and every key is mapped correctly! Global email is on the way... when there is support for "connection switching" as upposed to "packet switching" in Intorenet (may just run email as a separate network?)

NEW DOWNLOAD (you won't regret it).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3929kqhm34l0h07/2017%20keyboard%20raw%20data%20transmission%2010%20bps%20fixed.zip?dl=0

The mux engine got a warm-up fn to smooth some irregularities out Big Grin

[Image: qDPDcJn.png]

Algorithm for encoding the keyboard raw data to a 5-bit code exists, but I haven't made a presentable setup of it.

STOP posting like this.
This is NOT rrelated to OP, you are NOT OP...
Make your OWN post for your OWN stuff... don't clutter others posts with your stuff.
This is your warning..

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - Koyarno - 12-27-2016

And you're posting this in public capo where a private message would have sufficed.

@slug you have every permission to run lines/edit my plots for your system Tongue
Also looking forward to improvements in the future and maybe i will reverse engineer it some time.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - LordDecapo - 12-27-2016

(12-27-2016, 03:24 PM)Koyarno Wrote: And you're posting this in public capo where a private message would have sufficed.

@slug you have every permission to run lines/edit my plots for your system Tongue
Also looking forward to improvements in the future and maybe i will reverse engineer it some time.

shhh koy shh 
ps. hi

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - qwerasd205 - 12-27-2016

Okay after some thoughts.
Here's a better packet exchange for protocol identification.

--
Total success:
A: Ping!
B: Pong!
B: Ping!
A: Pong!
A: This is a protocol request
B: Affirmative
A: For protocol X
B: Yeah, I use version Y
A: Okay I'm starting transmission now.

--
B online but does not use protocol X:
A: Pong!
A: This is a protocol request
B: Affirmative
A: For protocol X
B: Oh, I don't have protocol X support (all 1s in the data.)
A: Okay, carrying on.

--
B is not online:
B: ...

--
B is online but A isn't reachable:
A: ...
(After a few failed pings from B):
B: Not getting a pong, terminating connection.

--
Keep in mind with all of these after a timeout if no ack is received a new packet is sent, after a few failed packets (no response) a termination is sent.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - jxu - 12-29-2016

Update the map, my neighbor (the only person in between me and sweet internet access) is wrongly listed
Also how did you know I wanted to participate?

It doesn't matter if he doesn't agree. Just dig underneath his plot, like the elaborate tunnel system underneath my old old plot. The RDF one. Good times with rsw.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - PersonUser519 - 12-29-2016

What is the address based on? Is it a random binary string, is it related to a fixed address?

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - slugdude - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 07:58 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: Update the map, my neighbor (the only person in between me and sweet internet access) is wrongly listed
Also how did you know I wanted to participate?

It doesn't matter if he doesn't agree. Just dig underneath his plot, like the elaborate tunnel system underneath my old old plot. The RDF one. Good times with rsw.

I'll update the map when I get a chance.

I'm not allowed to do that, says Nickster.

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - lollershihi - 12-30-2016

To reduce the amount of dropped packets, why don't you send a packet into a "loop" at the entrance of a router if another packet is being "processed", and give it a "second chance" about 56 ticks later?

RE: intOREnet is finally here! - tokumei - 01-01-2017

Or use a queue.