Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
The beginning of the end for ORE? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: The beginning of the end for ORE? (/thread-2055.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - Apuly - 05-09-2015

bloody bumper.

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - jxu - 05-11-2015

ORE is dead nobody redstones anymore repent your sins

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - LordDecapo - 05-11-2015

ORE always dies at this time of the year, people are catching up on procrastinated school work. And studying for exams.
Same thing happened last year. Summer rolls around soon and I know of a good amount of people who will be returning.
Like Slugdude for example who plans to spend good time on IntOREnet this summer.

I personally see Magic, Tuchi, and I consistently working on our big projects. (DIO3, RALPH, IizR15. Respectively).
I agree with the line that the forums and big project activity has dropped recently, but I have also noticed a surge of students (lacking teachers recently, and on that note, I will give people teacher trials ASAP if they apply, WE NEED AND WANT YOU Wink.

I forsee this summer being a very productive and educational summer for the sever as a whole.

ORE is a unique entity. We actually learn new things in our spare time, more advanced then most people do, and do so in a jovial community setting. This is something I hope will never change. As an Admin (and one of the most active people on the server) I will do my best to keep it that way.

Also, as I read back through this and see dates, I have noticed that this is predominantly before the last election I held. Since then, Nickster has addressed many of these issues (thanks!) aswell as helped (well did most of the work) to bring us to 1.8.3. I hope his work pays off this summer and we see more students come up to the ranks of Builder and join in the bigger projects. And I hope to also see some returning Builders start some of there own project or teach those on school.

I personally wish I was better at the programming and teaching aspects of being and Admin, I intend to work on this.. but if these complaints persist or you have any other comments/questions/complaints... feel free to PM me or chat with me in game and I will do my best to help or direct you to someone who can help better.

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - slugdude - 05-12-2015

(05-11-2015, 01:19 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: Slugdude

*rises from the depths*

Despite members leaving temporarily to study for exams (like me), we are getting more new members than I have ever seen in my time on this server (granted, not long, but still). We can mainly thank the 1.8 update (<3 nick) for this. ORE is not done yet. As soon as summer comes around, me and many other members will return to this server. This is not the end. This is actually quite an exciting time for ORE.

*sinks back to depths*

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - Hastumer - 05-27-2015

Wow. Just... Wow. You have my respect. I haven't seen you (probably because I live in germany), but I've got a similar problem. Voltz is VERY disrespectful and shouldn't be Moderator. I won't say anything to the slug-Voltz thing. We had a discussion this morning about my music bot. I was disrespectful, too, and I want to excuse myself. But what Voltz did, is not very appropriate for staff. I asked him a question several times, he didn't answered at all, kicked me and crashed my computer with it, because my computer fucks up a bit at the moment. Some time later I came online to talk to Voltz again and said to him (not exact quote): "I think you should excuse yourself for crashing my computer." Answer: "No, I shouldn't, everything was your fault." (Again, not exact quote) YAAAAAAAAY Staff is being disrespectful! Woooo! We like that much! NOT.

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - Chibill - 05-27-2015

If being kicked can crash your computer you have a problem....

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - Hastumer - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 01:47 PM)Chibill Wrote: If being kicked can crash your computer you have a problem....

Well it shouldn't crash at all. I'll remake my computer this week, format everything and reinstall OS. Should solve the problem.

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - LordDecapo - 05-28-2015

(05-27-2015, 01:30 PM)Hastumer Wrote: Wow. Just... Wow. You have my respect. I haven't seen you (probably because I live in germany), but I've got a similar problem. Voltz is VERY disrespectful and shouldn't be Moderator. I won't say anything to the slug-Voltz thing. We had a discussion this morning about my music bot. I was disrespectful, too, and I want to excuse myself. But what Voltz did, is not very appropriate for staff. I asked him a question several times, he didn't answered at all, kicked me and crashed my computer with it, because my computer fucks up a bit at the moment. Some time later I came online to talk to Voltz again and said to him (not exact quote): "I think you should excuse yourself for crashing my computer." Answer: "No, I shouldn't, everything was your fault." (Again, not exact quote) YAAAAAAAAY Staff is being disrespectful! Woooo! We like that much! NOT.

What even started that ordeal? Can I have an apx. Time?

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - Legofreak - 05-29-2015

ive just been a bit burned out on minecraft...

RE: The beginning of the end for ORE? - fluffy406 - 05-29-2015

(05-11-2015, 01:19 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: ORE always dies at this time of the year, people are catching up on procrastinated school work. And studying for exams.
Same thing happened last year. Summer rolls around soon and I know of a good amount of people who will be returning.
Like Slugdude for example who plans to spend good time on IntOREnet this summer.

I personally see Magic, Tuchi, and I consistently working on our big projects. (DIO3, RALPH, IizR15. Respectively).
I agree with the line that the forums and big project activity has dropped recently, but I have also noticed a surge of students (lacking teachers recently, and on that note, I will give people teacher trials ASAP if they apply, WE NEED AND WANT YOU Wink.

I forsee this summer being a very productive and educational summer for the sever as a whole.

ORE is a unique entity. We actually learn new things in our spare time, more advanced then most people do, and do so in a jovial community setting. This is something I hope will never change. As an Admin (and one of the most active people on the server) I will do my best to keep it that way.

Also, as I read back through this and see dates, I have noticed that this is predominantly before the last election I held. Since then, Nickster has addressed many of these issues (thanks!) aswell as helped (well did most of the work) to bring us to 1.8.3. I hope his work pays off this summer and we see more students come up to the ranks of Builder and join in the bigger projects. And I hope to also see some returning Builders start some of there own project or teach those on school.

I personally wish I was better at the programming and teaching aspects of being and Admin, I intend to work on this.. but if these complaints persist or you have any other comments/questions/complaints... feel free to PM me or chat with me in game and I will do my best to help or direct you to someone who can help better.

and RON (Redstone Obscure Network)