Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: ORE Is a fixer upper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all know ORE is in trouble for a number of reasons
1. Inactive staff
2. Unhelpful staff
3. Not enough plots
4. Technical issues
5. And ALOT more

But instead of yelling at Tyler like little kids, lets not waste our time and start FIXING ORE instead of bashing it! We all came to ORE as a place to have fun and build redstone together. It's turning into a place where all we do is get in arguments and fight. ORE isn't really fun anymore. But, I love the server. We have a great (player) community, and we need to start adressing these problems like mature people and not 4 year olds who all they want to do is complain! Lets think of some solutions for the problems above

1. Track players playing time with a plugin and have a set playing ratio you must have to become staff.
2. Have trial staff, the players can vote on a pole to support or not support a trail staff person.
3. BUILD MORE! A simple answer for a problem Tyler gets bashed about to much
4. Have IT staff on the server who can connect to the host computer (via teamviewer) and find out what's going on
5. Come on people, find answers for these other problems!
teamviewer = shit. SSH master race.

*a lot

unhelpfull/inactive staff can only be solved by more staff.

Hasn't this exact thread been made a million times before (by PNW)?
I've never really had problems with anybody on the server. As far as I can tell ORE is not broken. It's up to the users how they want to perceive its "brokenness" and how they want to deal with drama.

I do understand there are a lot of disagreements though. One thing I find annoying is the amount people argue about dictionary definitions. When somebody calls their creation as a real world device name, there seems to always be somebody to step in and say why it is not.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, there's a staff election in the announcements section.
Holy crap we don't have enough of these threads already. I've said this before; I'll say it again:

ORE IS NOT BROKEN

As Phys said, PNW has made this exact thread (just fancier, more colorful, and perhaps more in depth). Certain people have recently been repeatedly posting in school discussion on "issues" such as students asking for WE. What a goddamn atrocity it is to not want to stack your 4-bit adder by hand. etc, etc. I, for some reason, feel the need to address your "issues", one by one.

1. We're currently having a staff election.
2. We're currently having a staff election.
3. This one I agree with. We need more plots, but by the sound of it that's coming along as we speak.
4. We're currently having a staff election.
5. I know, all the other problems... like those threads in the discussion forums spammed over and over and talking about how ORE is dead and we can bring it to it's FORMER DAYS OF GLORY!

Summary: Fixing things that aren't broken is breaking them. ORE isn't broken. Hence, this "fixing" ORE movement? trend? no idea, is breaking it. Without these threads, we'd be doing better, not worse.

P.S. I'm really, truly sorry for the anger in this post. I've seen this thread so many times already and heard the exact same discussion so many times that it really bores me after a while, but I do appreciate your effort despite that I feel like it's in the wrong direction.

If any admins want to make this post "nicer" or even delete it, go ahead. But this is how I feel about these threads, and I do apologize.
This is stupid......?
(08-14-2014, 01:35 AM)Iceglade Wrote: [ -> ]like those threads in the discussion forums spammed over and over and talking about how ORE is dead and we can bring it to it's FORMER DAYS OF GLORY!

There never were days of glory, here or on the RDF.

Edit: I actually feel the need to put this because I know some people will piss their pants if I don't. Yes that was sarcasm.
seems pretty broken to me
I'm pretty new to ORE and I don't see any problems at all. It's got an amazing community from my perspective Tongue

also Staff Election.
(08-14-2014, 12:19 AM)DrDaBomb Wrote: [ -> ]We all know ORE is in trouble for a number of reasons
1. Inactive staff
2. Unhelpful staff
3. Not enough plots
4. Technical issues
5. And ALOT more

But instead of yelling at Tyler like little kids, lets not waste our time and start FIXING ORE instead of bashing it! We all came to ORE as a place to have fun and build redstone together. It's turning into a place where all we do is get in arguments and fight. ORE isn't really fun anymore. But, I love the server. We have a great (player) community, and we need to start adressing these problems like mature people and not 4 year olds who all they want to do is complain! Lets think of some solutions for the problems above

1. Track players playing time with a plugin and have a set playing ratio you must have to become staff.
2. Have trial staff, the players can vote on a pole to support or not support a trail staff person.
3. BUILD MORE! A simple answer for a problem Tyler gets bashed about to much
4. Have IT staff on the server who can connect to the host computer (via teamviewer) and find out what's going on
5. Come on people, find answers for these other problems!

No offense, but this is one of the worst 'revive X' solutions I have ever seen...

Also, to add, someone who has been around for just over a month has really no clue exactly how this system works.

~ 2 Year veteran

(08-14-2014, 12:37 AM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: [ -> ]I've never really had problems with anybody on the server. As far as I can tell ORE is not broken. It's up to the users how they want to perceive its "brokenness" and how they want to deal with drama.

I do understand there are a lot of disagreements though. One thing I find annoying is the amount people argue about dictionary definitions. When somebody calls their creation as a real world device name, there seems to always be somebody to step in and say why it is not.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, there's a staff election in the announcements section.

Rekcir, everybody likes you Smile
(08-14-2014, 05:53 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2014, 12:37 AM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: [ -> ]I've never really had problems with anybody on the server. As far as I can tell ORE is not broken. It's up to the users how they want to perceive its "brokenness" and how they want to deal with drama.

Rekcir, everybody likes you Smile
[Image: happy-oh-stop-it-you-l.png]
Pages: 1 2