Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Got a Server? Want to help host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey everybody, over the past year, ORE has received a lot of offers from members to host services, and I've decided that we should centralize these offers so we can find them if we ever need a server.

To offer yourself as a sacrifice slave volunteer for ORE hosting, please copy and fill out the following form:
Code:
What do you want to host?:
Server Specs (including OS):
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?):
Server's Location:
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?:
How reliable is server's internet/power?:

If/When we require hosting services, we can then simply come here and look through what's offered.

EDIT'd to add OS question
EDIT: As a few people have posted things like this:
I'd like to clarify, desktop computers are not acceptable hosting machines, it can be doing other things but must be a dedicated server.
We also do require Linux (preferably Debian Jessie) for our infrastructure, if you have a Windows Server and are unwilling to visualize you need not apply.
What do you want to host?: Anything Required
Server Specs: i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz 8-12 GB ram allocatable
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?): 20/20 (upgradable if required) ethernet
Server's Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (US)
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?: Light load (no more than 10-15% processor power used)
How reliable is server's internet/power?: Very. Only 2 drops in past almost 3 years, (not counting that one time it got DDoSed >.>)

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE [SLAVE]!

Also, your title is worded really weirdly. Are we liking ORE or is it like ORE?

(doing this to not flood with posts that are useless)
But ORE isn't really a server. It's a concept, which is in no way physical (besides a lot of neutrons). Maybe the servers that ORE is run on?

Good job making the title not stupid.
What do you want to host?: Anything you want
Server Specs: Phenom II X6 @ 2.7Ghz w/ 9MB Cache. 16GB DDR3 RAM
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?): 40/4 10MS ping. Ethernet
Server's Location: Atlanta, Ga. USA
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?: Other than running the modded server, nothing.
How reliable is server's internet/power?: Internet has been only good to me for the past year or so. The router, modem, switch, and server itself is on a battery backup that will last roughly 35 minutes incase of a power outage. (I got it when my area was known for power surges of just a few seconds. Fixed now but it is a great safety measure)

I also add that this is a dedicated machine, nothing other than the server itself will be run on it.
ORE, if you need me, I will be here.
What do you want to host?: Backups
Server Specs: Celeron 2.6GHz overclocked, 8GB of RAM and 170GB free on the HDD
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?): 1mbps up/ 18 down, ethernet
Server's Location: North Carolina
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?: nothing for the next 2 weeks, after that, running a survival server
How reliable is server's internet/power?: not good, still waiting on battery backups, internet sometimes drops to .6 mbps up/ 10 down

Tyler told me to list this...
What do you want to host?:Anything. Not good from hosting the Minecraft servers because of my Net speed.
Server Specs:Intel Pentium II 3.0 Ghz (Not overclocked), msi Military class 4 H81M-E33 mother board, 8GB Ram, And a 1 TB hard disk.
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?):Ethernet (less then a foot from internet box.) http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3658584345
Server's Location:IL
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?: Hosting a Minecraft build server for my own use and posibly running a few other servers. But the server runs proxmox which allows me to give you your own VM on it.
How reliable is server's internet/power?: Power almost never off. Internet may dip now and then because of load on my router (about 7 things on its wifi.)
What do you want to host?: Backups
Server Specs: I3, 8gb ram, 500gb HDD.
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?): Slow, 10/5, Ethernet
Server's Location: Holland
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?: Playing music or displaying video.
How reliable is server's internet/power?: I prever to have it turned off, but otherwise everything is pretty reliable.
Please keep this thread serious please, I just deleted half a dozen troll/irrelevant posts
I was serious
someone mentioned having off-site backups
I can host them if needed, you can encrypt them or whatever
I dont have an AMAZING computer or like Uni-quality connection, but its all very stable

I have an AMD tricore @2.4ghz
and 3GB RAM,
it would be hardwired to my router running at about 40MPS down and 18-22MPS UP (varries by time of day here)
the internet has only ever gone out once for me in the last year, and it lasted for all of 1 second.

MAIN issue i may see, is that its harddrive is corrupted,,, i did it when trying to extract a VHD to an image and mask the image onto the drive.... doesnt work, dont try it.....
so it is running off of a 64gb USB 2.0

i am on vacation this week, so i will be ordering parts for a new computer that will be a champ, but that wont be up for atleast a couple weeks.

PS.... its been in "sleep" for the past 2 weeks, as i only ever used it to watch netflix on like once when my xbox was being a bitch (accounting issues lol, they charged wrong card).
so if it runs any server.. only the OS and the essetials for the server will be up while the server would be
What do you want to host?: A new fun server, anything like that
Server Specs (including OS): Intel Core i3, 8 gig RAM, 750 hdd, Windows 8 home
Server's Internet Connection Info (i.e. upload/download/is it on WiFi?): Wifi
Server's Location: Near LA, CA, USA
What else would this server be doing (if anything)?: Everyday internet, no "extreme gaming", and some Minecraft
How reliable is server's internet/power?: Almost never crashes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6