Nether Portal bug?
Earlier today (5/5/2017) I went through my nether portal and then crashed which dose happen sometimes in mod packs because of the of errors in loading a different dimension so I didn't think much of it. When I logged in I was suffocating in a wall and didn't have enough time to react, I looked for my corpse where the death marker is and Koy helped me search the surrounding area and couldn't find my body I lost some very valuable items (Including my CAD, Jetpack and backpack) I really would like if someone could help me by maybe searching the area in spectator mode because my backpack had some valuable stuff on me.

Thanks
-epic_ziver_D
There are 10 types of people in this world:
Those who know binary and those who don't (and those who don't expect this joke to be in ternary)
It could be on the nether rioof depending on how you died. I can take a look.
UGH I used to suffer from this bug on my slow computer. Next time, drink a fire resistance potion (in case you end up in lava as I once did), have a mining tool ready, and your debug screen open for coords.
Not through clouded eyes
Can you see clear skies
Thanks to the help of koy I managed to find my stuff, I found out that I died in a place where I was being sent to every time I crashed or disconnected while going to the nether its around 150 blocks from my nether portal, now I know where that place is so its less of a problem but still VERY weird, Something in modded is definitely breaking nether portals (Also my portal in the nether brings me to crossplots old base)
Those who know binary and those who don't (and those who don't expect this joke to be in ternary)
Actually it's not modded that's the problem, it's just a bug in Minecraft itself. Also, you have to manually link portals together, otherwise you will end up at the wrong portal. Whenever you go through a portal, it multiplies/divides the coordinates by 8, then searches in a 128 block radius from those new coordinates for any portals. It then transports you to the nearest portal in that range, but if there are no portals, it attempts to create a portal at those coordinates. This means that you will have to make portals both in the overworld and the nether at the correct coordinates.
Not through clouded eyes
Can you see clear skies
Sorry for the late response but the biggest problem is not the nether portal linking but the fact that when I crash or get disocnnected when I'm going to the nether I get teleported some way away (sometimes even thousands of blocks) which can lead to suffocation which was what happens to me
U just gotta lern to use nether portals and like i dunno make them safe in some way
[Image: dMJ1zUf.gif]