Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet v1.1 - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet v1.1 (/thread-9174.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - MW3_587786 - 02-20-2016

tl;dr: It's not done yet

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - Halflife390 - 02-21-2016

(02-20-2016, 09:57 PM)MW3_587786 Wrote: tl;dr: It's not done yet

I still have faith that this will one day be complete!

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - ddthj - 02-22-2016

A few questions:
Can you keep the packets serialized at all times?
Isn't everything going to be huge because of the packet size?
Is there progress outside of what's been written down on paper?

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - slugdude - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 05:13 PM)ddthj Wrote: A few questions:
Can you keep the packets serialized at all times?
Isn't everything going to be huge because of the packet size?
Is there progress outside of what's been written down on paper?

1. Not entirely sure what you mean, but if you mean that I should just operate directly on the packet without stopping it and parallelising it, no, I can't. Because the speed is 10bps, or 1 tick per bit, so comparators and torches don't work properly.

2. No. In terms of the switches, they only touch the Destination address - the rest is not read and passed straight through. In terms of the end devices, it depends on how you use it. You don't have to use *all* of that data, just leave trailing zeros and don't read them. It really depends on the higher-level protocol in use.

3. Nope, because I'm lazy as fuck and schoolwork comes first.

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - Rodentman87 - 02-26-2016

How high off of the lower build limit will the wires be?

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - slugdude - 02-27-2016

(02-26-2016, 12:55 AM)Rodentman87 Wrote: How high off of the lower build limit will the wires be?

I don't know exactly how high they must be to connect to the switches, it depends on how they end up built.

That said, the wires themselves, possibly with the exception of the switches, can be at any height. They don't even have to be underground, but they look pretty ugly so I'll put them underground, close as possible to the bottom, unless specific people say otherwise for their plot.

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - slugdude - 06-10-2016

So I FINALLY FINISHED (sort of - I still need to do some redirecty thing) the intOREnet router! Better late than never I guess. Here are some pictures of it:

[Image: SKYsapx.png]

[Image: 7TsPKdl.jpg]

[Image: F5apzZt.jpg]

I've tested it and it works! However it does lack a way to either buffer or redirect packets it receives while busy, but that should be fairly trivial to add.

Here are some pictures of me testing it under my plot: (I made it as flat as possible so it fits nicely)

[Image: oUy8tQS.jpg]

[Image: x0BmUDt.jpg]

IntOREnet is very close!

(Yes, I know this is pretty simple and shouldn't have taken me 1 and a half years but 1. School irl and 2. About a week ago I realized (with the help of Koy) I was approaching it all wrong, facepalmed, and started again.)

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - Halflife390 - 06-11-2016

(06-10-2016, 07:04 PM)slugdude Wrote: So I FINALLY FINISHED the intOREnet switch! Better late than never I guess. Here are some pictures of it:

[Image: SKYsapx.png]

[Image: 7TsPKdl.jpg]

[Image: F5apzZt.jpg]

I've tested it and it works! However it does lack a way to either buffer or redirect packets it receives while busy, but that should be fairly trivial to add.

Here are some pictures of me testing it under my plot: (I made it as flat as possible so it fits nicely)

[Image: oUy8tQS.jpg]

[Image: x0BmUDt.jpg]

IntOREnet is very close!

(Yes, I know this is pretty simple and shouldn't have taken me 1 and a half years but 1. School irl and 2. About a week ago I realized (with the help of Koy) I was approaching it all wrong, facepalmed, and started again.)

Yay

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - slugdude - 06-11-2016

(06-11-2016, 12:13 AM)Halflife390 Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 07:04 PM)slugdude Wrote: --snip--

Yay

That's a very long, thought out response.

RE: intOREnet v1.1 - ddthj - 06-12-2016

(06-10-2016, 07:04 PM)slugdude Wrote: So I FINALLY FINISHED the intOREnet switch! Better late than never I guess. Here are some pictures of it:

Dang that think was only half-done a few days ago. 

also Idk if it would help, but a switch that I built has a semi-nice buffer system inside of it, it's on my plot under one of the MCPU's