Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS (/thread-805.html)

I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS - WrytXander - 08-22-2013

Now, I have been a user of iOS since 2008. I really am in love with it. I cant think of a momemnt without my 3GS. But it is about that time where I need a change. I was thinking of iPhone 5 becouse of iOS + build quality + jailbreaking, but as it occured to me, samsung stuff is pretty cool as well. Now I am pretty upset with Samsung, since they have cheated with benchmarks, and the build quality of their products is just awfulcompared to the iPhone. And I am huge hater of android, since it is pretty malfunctionable, and it is pretty hard to get around things sometimes. They say "Ooh it is customizable, it is better blah blah" but you still need to root and install ROM's and they all seem pretty huge and hard and complex and scary (dat and) to me. I love the elegancy and the minimalistic feel of iOS (now that I can run iOS 7 beta with iPhone 5). And another thing is, we are going to buy a tablet for the family. The first thing we tohugh was the all mighty iPad Mini. But if we buy iPad mini and I buy iPhone 5, I will be Appled all over the place. But I love iOS. And I want to try android as well. It could be tablet or phone. Iam kinda confused here, help me out fellows :D

RE: I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS - mort96 - 08-22-2013

What's interesting to me is the rise of open source, alternative Linux OSes. Take FireFox OS, where programs are written using web technologies, which I adore. Or Ubuntu Touch; elegant touch UI, and full fledged Ubuntu when connecting to a screen/keyboard/mouse.

I've been an iOS user for quite some time, but the coming of these interesting OSes, plus starting to feel how Apple doesn't let me do whatever I want (if I want to install GNU/Linux without a GUI and use my iPad as a server you should let me!), I'm not sure if my affair with iOS will last that much longer.

RE: I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS - Xray_Doc - 08-22-2013

iOS=More games/Buisness

Android=More personalized

Take your pick.

RE: I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS - WrytXander - 08-22-2013

(08-22-2013, 09:03 PM)mort96 Wrote: What's interesting to me is the rise of open source, alternative Linux OSes. Take FireFox OS, where programs are written using web technologies, which I adore. Or Ubuntu Touch; elegant touch UI, and full fledged Ubuntu when connecting to a screen/keyboard/mouse.

I've been an iOS user for quite some time, but the coming of these interesting OSes, plus starting to feel how Apple doesn't let me do whatever I want (if I want to install GNU/Linux without a GUI and use my iPad as a server you should let me!), I'm not sure if my affair with iOS will last that much longer.

I know right?! And what is even more frustrating is, Apple actually understood people needed change. They needed customization. And guess what Apple did, mad Johny Ive the Head Designer of Software, made iOS 7 (which is a few things + rewamped look, which I quite like) and they are making colored iPhones, like iPhone 5C, or the gold/champagne color for 5S. This is not what we want! We wished "customiztion" as a whole, that would be, say, 3rd party software, theming, and even some tweaks to some sort.

Like you said, Apple wants their mobile devices to be used as they wish to. Just make a god damn theme store and let us downlaod themes from there. Apple signs them, Apple approves them, we download them just like any other app. Am I missing something here or is this way too hard to accomplish?

(08-22-2013, 09:53 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: iOS=More games/Buisness

Android=More personalized

Take your pick.

Hahaha oh boy! You are making my job way easier ha? :D

RE: I cant decide :SSS Android vs iOS - Chibill - 08-23-2013

Android + Googles openscr app making API that is free and you can make money of apps you make in C or Java that run on android and that's the start of it if you root it you can do much more.

And this is it you can use java also http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

But to make it so others can use the apps you need to pay $25 to publish them to google play store.