Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Howdy! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Howdy! (/thread-76.html)

Howdy! - icecoldjazz - 04-23-2013

I'm icecoldjazz, also known as Th3Fa113n1.

I've been playing Minecraft and working with redstone since early alpha (1.1 or 1.2 or something like that).

Some cool (or not so cool) stuff about me:

I'm seventeen.

I live in Toledo, Ohio, USA.

I've always wanted to travel the world.

I want to live in either Seattle or Stockholm someday.

I'm tetra-lingual, which means I can speak four languages. English is my first language, German is my second (and my best besides English), Swedish is my third, and Dutch is my fourth and the only one that I am not yet completely fluent in (I can speak enough to get by and get the gist of what I'm reading).

The only foreign country I've ever been to is Canada.

I consider myself an agnostic atheist. My dad was a Lutheran deacon and I went to Catholic gradeschool & highschool, but I was never religious.

I play the trombone. I am in several big bands/concert bands, and I play jazz gigs around Toledo in my spare time.

Count Basie and Duke Ellington are my favorite musicians.

If my username did not tip you off, I love jazz and listen to it almost exclusively. I'm a huge music lover; my iTunes library will not fit on my 32GB iPhone.

I'm not afraid to admit that I am wrong. If I do something incorrectly, let me know. We learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others. New information will change my opinions.

I'm a liberal. The biggest thing that I concern myself with politically is marriage equality (I'm gay).

I'm an avid reader. I major in English at the University of Toledo, specifically English Education and Russian Literature.

My favorite book is The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Other favorites of mine are Im Westen Nichts Neues, Der Weg Zurück, The War Of The Spider Queen, Crime and Punishment, Earth Abides, and Stranger in a Strange Land.

I like all genres of books - nonfiction, fiction, fantasy, historical fiction, science fiction, educational, biography, epic poetry, whatever. It's all good.

I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me - live and let live. I'm not afraid to have an intelligent discussion about my opinions, but I never try to convince others to conform. I try to avoid confrontations about them.

I like cartography (map-making). Here is a good example of some of my work.

I'm not big on video games, but I play Dwarf Fortress more than I should - that game is amazing. If you don't know what it is or why you should play, read this.

I like computer engineering. I got an interest in it when I read the book The Elements of Computing Systems, which I strongly recommend if you are at all interested in computers. It guides you through designing and building your own computing system from logic gates to programs on your own operating system. The only complaint that I had was that it was hard to imagine what a RISC machine looks like (I still have trouble with this) after building what is practically a simplified CISC machine.

You can find many of my Minecraft constructions on my youtube channel.

I think that's it.

edit: grammar derp

RE: Howdy! - Guy1234567890 - 04-23-2013

Greetings! (again, past my bedtime, will read in entirety tomorrow) :3