Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Can I help - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Can I help (/thread-7558.html)

Can I help - Back_and_Black1 - 08-25-2015

So I've been interested in programming for a long time and was wondering if I could help out anyway. Mainly I would like to practice to become better. What are the qualifications, like do I have to be mod or admin or show that I can help or what just let me know. Keep in mind I am no pro coder or anything lol.

RE: Can I help - Chibill - 08-26-2015

I am not a pro at all either. Which is somewhat why I am currently rewriting my funcommands plugins as it has some major flaws. Which once I finish the main recode you could do a PR on github if you want.

RE: Can I help - Back_and_Black1 - 08-26-2015

Ok so what programming languages are used for different sevices ... I.E. What language does irc use. I mainly use oop. 

RE: Can I help - Nickster258 - 08-26-2015

*Inb4 Ruby neckbeards*

See what you are writing your code for. Analysis what features can be best utilized from each code and figure out from there what to use. I've told myself to learn learn and learn to code but never learned just for the sake of learning. Come up with a goal for an interface/program/chrome add-on and then learn what to do as you go.

RE: Can I help - Legofreak - 08-27-2015

^^I can agree that learning code for the sake of learning code is next to impossible. The only time I've been able to learn is when it was applied to something as Nick stated.

RE: Can I help - Chibill - 08-27-2015

I only learned java to make forge mods. Which I did to help learn java... Then I started crazy other projects...

RE: Can I help - Back_and_Black1 - 08-28-2015

Could I have an objective. Like do you guys want an app for mobile devices?

RE: Can I help - Nickster258 - 08-28-2015

(08-28-2015, 12:36 AM)Back_and_Black1 Wrote: Could I have an objective. Like do you guys want an app for mobile devices?

My thought: think of your most visited website and see what problems they have. The awesome thing about developing web-browser addons is that it building off of other's work yet you are still making something of your own.

See if you can make an addon for openredstone.org or the forums that when you hover over a username it has the option to go to their minecraft account or their minecraft player info.

RE: Can I help - Back_and_Black1 - 08-28-2015

(08-28-2015, 01:00 AM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 12:36 AM)Back_and_Black1 Wrote: Could I have an objective. Like do you guys want an app for mobile devices?

My thought: think of your most visited website and see what problems they have. The awesome thing about developing web-browser addons is that it building off of other's work yet you are still making something of your own.

See if you can make an addon for openredstone.org or the forums that when you hover over a username it has the option to go to their minecraft account or their minecraft player info.

Ok thanks.