Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
How do you delete your forums account? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: How do you delete your forums account? (/thread-742.html)

Pages: 1 2

How do you delete your forums account? - qwerasd205 - 08-13-2013

Sadly, I have been unfairly banned from the build server, I am going to leave, goodbye everyone, i would like to delete my account, maybe a forums admin can delete it for me, anyways Goodbye.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - Guy1234567890 - 08-13-2013

This is not at all how you handle an unfair banning. Your banning was more out of precaution than a permanent ban while we sort out exactly what to do. You should contest your banning in ban appeals rather than trying to delete your account. We are still discussing what to do.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - Cutlassw30 - 08-14-2013

Unfair? You actually asked to be banned multiple times.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - Nickster258 - 08-14-2013

A little context behind the situation will suffice really well.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - qwerasd205 - 08-14-2013

Ahem First of all, WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR FTB SERVER NICKSTER? second of all, i asked for a tempban for a week, also it was out of the blue.

ahem also, IF this is how you treat accidents, refusing to tempban when begged and then PERMBANNING OUT OF THE BLUE, i don't want to be part of your community.

Sure you have some good people BUT IF YOUR ADMINS ARE LIKE THIS, I. Don't. want. to. be. part. of. it.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - Konstacon - 08-14-2013

Come on qwer, just post a ban appeal. I guarantee you will get some kind of answer better than quitting the server. Think about the super-repeater. Think. Don't delete your account just yet. Thanks, Snuggles.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - redstonewarrior - 08-14-2013

Steps:
1. Get their attention. "AHEM, I AM SPEAKING."
2. Discredit last person posting with surface level knowledge about local happenings.
3. Terrible grammar. Just terrible. 3/10, would not read again.
4. Throw in a detail about what happened.
5. Page break, let them rest before more belligerent and poorly capitalized text.
6. Mistake the ORE network of services for the ORE community. The community is much better, and this throws the reader off their game.
7. Ignore last post by staff member, they're all lying greedy bastards anyways.
8. BLAME THE ADMINS WOOOOOOOOOOO (Stereotypical "op's a <idiot>"?)
9. Threaten to leave! That'll show them!

An actual post:
It can take a few hours for staff to figure out how to handle this sort of social issue. When we know a member's not actively griefing/spamming one of the servers, we generally do this:
-Get in contact with as many staff members as possible (through skype, minecraft, irc, etc)
-Figure out what happened
-Temporarily ban any potential griefers, in case they are harming the server
-Talk things over, figure out what happened, if need be, tempban.
Instead of understanding how staff works, or being decent and talking with any staff member about what happened, you just pulled another wonderful stereotypical public tantrum. I can link you to a few other ones, including ones by dudearent and 1win (IIRC).
The first time the minecart incident happened, we didn't bat an eye. Clearly a mistake. After the backup, it happened again. Intentional or not, precaution was necessary, and we took precautionary measures until we could sort things out.
Feeling any more rational? I'd love to have the admins blamed some more, but I truly hate repetition. ("That's the computer's job!") I don't think your response here has made the ORE community any more sure about your level of maturity; I hope you have calmed down.

I'm sorry for the frustration in the front half of this post, I've seen more of these in the past two years than any non-staff here has seen in a lifetime.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - David - 08-14-2013

Qwerasd, first try talking to admins, that may get you insight into why you were banned. I was banned once without me knowing why, I just posed a topic about it, and it was fixed.

Believe me, the admins know what they are doing, and if they do something wrong, remember, they are humans.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - JeremyG - 08-17-2013

(08-14-2013, 12:21 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: A little context behind the situation will suffice really well.

Basically, he placed something that caused the server to crash every time it was loaded. We couldn't guess if it was an accident or not, so to be sure we banned Qwer - with the intention that he would ban appeal if it was indeed an accident.

RE: How do you delete your forums account? - qwerasd205 - 10-01-2013

(08-14-2013, 06:25 PM)redstonewarrior Wrote: Steps:
--1. Get their attention. "AHEM, I AM SPEAKING."
--2. Discredit last person posting with surface level knowledge about local happenings.
--3. Terrible grammar. Just terrible. 3/10, would not read again.
--4. Throw in a detail about what happened.
--5. Page break, let them rest before more belligerent and poorly capitalized text.
--6. Mistake the ORE network of services for the ORE community. The community is much better, and this throws the reader off their game.
--7. Ignore last post by staff member, they're all lying greedy bastards anyways.
--8. BLAME THE ADMINS WOOOOOOOOOOO (Stereotypical "op's a <idiot>"?)
"
9. Threaten to leave! That'll show them!
"
Ha, i showed you ;D I was immature enough to ragequite the community. For what I think was over a year. I'm much more mature now. I posted a ban appeal, I really hope I get Accepted back into the community. It REALLY was an accident.

(08-17-2013, 03:02 PM)JeremyG Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 12:21 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: A little context behind the situation will suffice really well.

Basically, he placed something that caused the server to crash every time it was loaded. We couldn't guess if it was an accident or not, so to be sure we banned Qwer - with the intention that he would ban appeal if it was indeed an accident.
I'm so sorry about my noobrage. I was an immature brat back then. I hope everyone forgives me.

Im so sorry for everything I did. D= Not putting down the crash block, that WAS an accident. I'm talking about being a total noob about being banned. I'm sorry and have posted a ban appeal.