Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
[Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF (/thread-7256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Halflife390 - 08-11-2015

Speaking of meth, before I took a years break from the server, so about a years and a half ago on ORE, I was just building away when someone came up to me. I cant remember who it was but they started chucking tons of potions (meth) at me than ran away really fast to go and do the same to others. The potions made you jump so stupidly high and run so stupidly fast that you couldn't actually press a button on the keyboard without traversing the map. We made a load of dispensers and got everyone in one place and just had a massive meth party, it was quite funny.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - ddthj - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 06:54 AM)newomaster Wrote: Some old RDF/RE trends/events that I know of (I'm probably forgetting a lot more)(I'm avoiding individual or group redstone projects (unless they were a community event) because there are too many to count):
-Berick's Prelude of the Chambered 2 livestream
-Antimatter energy boots
-/fast
-Long (2+ hour) philosophical discussions
-Cakesmas
-Survival CPU (done more than once, I don't remember when), basically we all joined a survival pvp server and built a CPU in survival.
-/warp spawn taking you to an evil spawn
-Plot of logic (original and new)
-People signing the walls of other people's plots
-The tunnels under jxu's old RDF plot (courtesy of redstonewarrior)
-Redstonewarrior's secret bases (he had one on almost every plot)
-Award trophies
-Back when skill ranks were a thing (Builder, Engineer, Scientist, Guru)
-Distinct phases of redstone (summarizing greatly here): (alpha/before pistons, piston craze (birth of the ICA, mass ICA designing), ICA perfected; birth of the CLE, Diagonal/Solid State phase (current phase) and analog/comparator.
-Massive AFK boxes (afk boxing in general)
-Xray Doc's Methlab (the original one, not the weird new one)

Let me know if you need clarification.
Clarification on all of that early stuff before the descriptions of ranks. That was before I became a member.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Apuly - 08-12-2015

I had a great time making cake spheres everybody close to me who stood still for just a bit too long
I still do, but generally I use barrier blocks these days.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - redstonewarrior - 08-24-2015

(08-11-2015, 06:54 AM)newomaster Wrote: ...
-Survival CPU (done more than once, I don't remember when), basically we all joined a survival pvp server and built a CPU in survival.
-/warp spawn taking you to an evil spawn
-The tunnels under jxu's old RDF plot (courtesy of redstonewarrior)
-Redstonewarrior's secret bases (he had one on almost every plot)
-Distinct phases of redstone (summarizing greatly here): (alpha/before pistons, piston craze (birth of the ICA, mass ICA designing), ICA perfected; birth of the CLE, Diagonal/Solid State phase (current phase) and analog/comparator.
-Xray Doc's Methlab (the original one, not the weird new one)

I think we still have those screenshots from the first/second survival CPU/ALU. As for the tunnels under jxu's plot, and the secret annexation of half of the server, I regret nothing.
I'm proud to have been around when CLEs were born. Big Grin
Did you ever visit the RSW café in the original methlab? It had some excellent soups.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Chibill - 08-24-2015

Yes yes it did rsw... I also remember crossplot.... Almost got banned becuase I tossed some levers randomly on its wires because it was causing lag...

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Apuly - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 03:45 AM)Chibill Wrote: Yes yes it did rsw... I also remember crossplot.... Almost got banned becuase I tossed some levers randomly on its wires because it was causing lag...

kek of top

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Magic :^) - 08-24-2015

What WAS crossplot by the way? I'm interesred in this old stuff :3
May not seem it to you, but to me this is all tasty lore

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - newomaster - 08-25-2015

The crossplot was exactly what it sounds like, it was a system of wires that ran across MANY plots (not unlike plans we have on ORE to make one now). I don't know any of the specifics on the technology used, but it was basically the legendary source of all lag on the server. If there was lag, the crossplot was the cause. Even to this day, the crossplot still causes 97.632% of all lag on the ORE server. 

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - Apuly - 08-25-2015

And now we're having plans to put cross-plot on a shyte ton of plots all around that map.
GG ORE, GG.

RE: [Help Needed] History of ORE and the RDF - slugdude - 08-27-2015

(08-25-2015, 10:41 AM)Apuly Wrote: And now we're having plans to put cross-plot on a shyte ton of plots all around that map.
GG ORE, GG.

It was only a matter of time until I said this:

It's not the FUCKING same as crossplot, because crossplot used FUCKING INSTAWIRE and intOREnet won't.

Also my trial was pretty funny, I was building an RCA ALU, and maga was trailing me. Decapo (well before he was staff) told me to build a hot tub, so I did, and I put lava underneath it. Then, as we got to the question part, maga started asking me about the hot tub, and people were jumping on it, and someone accidentally broke it, and the lava leaked out onto my redstone and broke it xD.

~June 2014