Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Interactive word processor [COMPLETED!] - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Interactive word processor [COMPLETED!] (/thread-717.html)

Pages: 1 2

SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Interactive word processor [COMPLETED!] - Sid_Doode - 08-09-2013

Hold on to your hats and cats folks, here we go again! This time it's the SRC 2.0! It's COMPLETLY different from SRC 1.0.

'I saw the title, does this console execute commands or whatnot?'

Guess again peeps.... Or hold onto your mittens because the answer is YES!

It's big, slow and fuctional!

OK, I'M DONE WITH IT! RAWR! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1955073-src-20-command-console-multifunctional-word-processor-typewriter/

The functions of this console is as following:
-Writing (like typewriter-ish)
-Executing commands written by the user (like windows cmd-ish, just muuuch more basic)
-CALCULATOR +/-

STATIS(when done):
-Can show 21 characters at one time (quake pro)
-Can choose between 26 letters (a-z) 5 misc (/?+-x) 10 numbers (0-9) total of 41
-Can delete a single character or clear all.
-Can switch which character is currently selected(whom can be overwritten or deleted from there)
-ENOUGH control buttons: forwards, backwards, backspace, clear all, space AND 'enter command' (this is useful due to the decoder may flicker and cause unintentional commands to be activated)
'Reset Count' 'Calculate' 'Enter Command (no clear)' 'Clear bottom row'

COMMANDS (ATM):
/day (time set 6000)
/night (time set 18000)
/dawn (time set 22812)
/dusk (time set 12500)
/e day (time set 6000 + open day solarpanel) eternal day (Might I say this is the easiest eternal day machine?)
/e night (time set 18000 + open night solarpanel) Eternal night (this one is more sketchy, but works)

For the eternal day/night I had to come up with 2 rs nor latches (one for each) hooked up together so that either could be giving an output, but not both, and both could be off. Works like a charm! Each RS nor latch also works as a t-flip-flop, does that mean it's a Xor-ish Flip Flop?

/w clear (weather clear)
/w rain (weather rain)
/gm 0 (gamemode 0 @p)
/gm 1 (gamemode 1 @p)
/give 331 (give 331 @p)
/kill (Gamemode 0 @p Teleport -637 1 893 @p)
/Nyancat (run nyancat music)

/random A (random letter, UNUSED)
/random 0 (random number between 0-127)

?Name
?What are you
?What do you do
?Redstone Wires (not done
?Torches (not done
?Repeaters (not done
?Pistons (not done

FUNNY THING: THE BOTTOM ROW OF SCREENS IS PROGRAM OUTPUT!

QUAKE PRO IS NEEDED TO ACTUALLY SEE ALL THE SCREENS! lol
Also, as of yet I don't know, but you might need optifine and set render distance to extreme to actually load all the chunks it's in...?

Construction progress:

05-06.08.2013 - BEGAN SRC 2.0

08.08.2013 -
After three days of hard work and much MCediting
much of the wiring is THUMB UP
the screen(s) is up, the temporary memory of screen(s) is done

11.08.2013 00:03 -
Much hard work! Placed the WRIT-center at a more convenient spot, hooked up the user inputs AND had to time all the characters with the delete + load so that the character actually showed up on the screen (this was for screen 21 ONLY Huh) It works, atleast. Also made the control room!

11.08.2013 22:55 -
Time consuming work! WORTH IT! Made all characters work for all screens. 'Made' the essential part COUNTER! (thanks to minecraftwithdummies) Also hooked up the 5 control buttons (forwards, backwards, backspace, clear all, space), so RLY this is now a fully functional typewriter-thingy! yay

13.08.2013 -
Made this display to show what screen is currently selected. This is due to be slower than the counter itself is so I made some commandblocks say when the counter actually is ready for new input. Also started to make the decoder for the command system, it is not done yet, but I'm working on the space detection. And the decoder is fully programable to anyones liking!

14-15.08.2013 -
Finished-ish the decoder with a functional space detection system! (based on a decoder from Properinglish19. I did modify it to fit my contruction tho)
Which means I now can copy paste the decoder to fit all the commands!
Funny thing: with this decoder you could, IN THEORY (but very likely anyway) hook it up to enything! Hook it upto another machine, password lock, printer, calculator (thinking of adding this) whatever really!
Now featuring: Two commands is usable! /day and /night! Atleast 11 more on the way!

15.08.2013 -
Added 6 more commands: /dawn, /dusk, /e day, /e night, /w clear, /w rain! wooo!
Also added another control button: The 'Enter Command'!

16.08.2013 - Got around to making some more commands /gm 0, /gm 1, /give 331, /kill and Finally, the best thing ever: /Nyancat!
Also implemented the nyan cat song (tho only 35sec, it can go on forever with looping) with minecraft note block studio (kudos to Kruga for the song)

17.08.2013 - Finished up the decoder for questions! 7 questions + 2 'Random A' that makes random letter and 'Random 0' that makes random number.
Also started on the answers part, WHICH show up on the bottom screen! yay! Now it answers to 1 question!

20.08.2013 - It's pretty much done, it now features a calculator that can do (0-50) +/- (0-50) Smile No multiplication though. The result shows on the bottom row. Renamed the /random 0 to /random N(umber) that RANDOMly generates a number between 0-127 (well yeah) then shows it on the bottom row. Also made new control buttons: 'Reset Count' which resets the counter and makes the selected screen the 1th one! AND 'Calculate' which loads the answer of the calculator. AND 'Enter Command (no clear) this basicly enters the command, but does not clear ALL at the same time! AND 'Clear bottom row' which clears the bottom row! Also made the /random A unused, because of lack of space.

21.08.2013 - did some debugging, and it should be alright. everything works and the machine answers correctly. The program knows how many redstone stuffes that were used! IT IS DONE. I will not give out download just yet. Gonna make trailer for it first, soon. It took me 16 days of hard work, but I did it! My idea fulfilled! Right now I need a break. "Bf3, have you missed me?"

SCREENSHOTIS:

[Image: pszizql.png]
Screens!

[Image: HkJjUEJ.png]
WIRES!

[Image: iHEgydt.png]
TEMPORARY MEMORY DOES LOOKE SHINY COLORS!

[Image: rEeTkk8.png]
WRIT-CENTER: WHERE YOU 'WRITE' THE CHARACTERS!

[Image: gDxeMMm.png]
User input is always nice (insta-wire)

[Image: zjbISZs.png]
Control room with 41 buttons + 5 control buttons

[Image: jPJLlcS.png]
Counter and it's wires!

[Image: uugTdgw.png]
Working commands! RAWR Big Grin

[Image: 1WacFQh.png]
the work-in-progress, fully programmable (and easily programmable) decoder for commands!

21.08.2013 - BIG IMAGE FOR ONCE

[Image: lFy1erp.png]

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - Chibill - 08-09-2013

May I say use a 18 by 30 pixel screen and send the letters to that it will be smaller.

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - Billman555555 - 08-09-2013

OMG what the hell is that

In other news: How about just 2x8 screens:
Code:
Where X is a screen.
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Or 2x12:
Code:
Where X is a screen.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - Sid_Doode - 08-10-2013

(08-09-2013, 10:17 PM)Chibill Wrote: May I say use a 18 by 30 pixel screen and send the letters to that it will be smaller.

(08-09-2013, 11:03 PM)Billman555555 Wrote: OMG what the hell is that

In other news: How about just 2x8 screens:
Code:
Where X is a screen.
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Or 2x12:
Code:
Where X is a screen.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

huuuu? Do you mean only 16 screens or 24? I want many screens! The screens is size 4x6! And it lets me make cool characters and numbers!

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - Thor23 - 08-10-2013

If you don't want to compromise on the number of screens, you could always do 14 across by 3 high. That way you still have 42 screens, but it would take better advantage of vertical space.

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - Sid_Doode - 08-10-2013

(08-10-2013, 10:59 PM)Thor23 Wrote: If you don't want to compromise on the number of screens, you could always do 14 across by 3 high. That way you still have 42 screens, but it would take better advantage of vertical space.

It is possible, BUT it would look kinda strange maybe? what if you're in the middle of a word and you run out of space on that line!? Anyway, I'll have a hard time changing it now, after all the work that is done xD (so thx, but no thx)

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - EDevil - 08-10-2013

Fun project, but at the end, its going to be waay to slow due to the massive amount of bussing...

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - himehowareu - 08-11-2013

While reading this i could not stop thinking of mcxhttp://forum.redstonedev.net/showthread.php?tid=1439
This would be cool to hook up to snuglycreeper's router
I am moving mcx over to oe in the morning

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - CMOSprinkles - 08-11-2013

Evil, bussing does not necessarily add to the delay anymore with all of the vanilla instant repeater and instant inverter designs out there.

RE: SRC 2.0 - COMMAND CONSOLE - Typewriter/word processor - Sid_Doode - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 05:48 AM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: Evil, bussing does not necessarily add to the delay anymore with all of the vanilla instant repeater and instant inverter designs out there.

Some of the MAJOR bussing do need to be constant AND 1 wide or 2 wide tilable, so I can't use the insta wires I know of... Sad Delay or not, it's gonna be a heck of a lot of fun! (atleast to make XD)

Let's take it for a ride, Customization of word typing: 41 characters * 21 screens = 861 different outcomes !yay!

(08-11-2013, 04:47 AM)himehowareu Wrote: While reading this i could not stop thinking of mcxhttp://forum.redstonedev.net/showthread.php?tid=1439
This would be cool to hook up to snuglycreeper's router
I am moving mcx over to oe in the morning

Just to get it out of the way... I did not steal your idea Smile
But hooking it up to that router would be funny, have no idea how it could be done tho Xd

(08-10-2013, 11:41 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote: Fun project, but at the end, its going to be waay to slow due to the massive amount of bussing...

waay to slow? Patience brother, patience. But yeah, it's gonna be slow, but what the heck right?
Right now when executing 1 character (same character) on all 21 screens (at the same time) it takes around 33 seconds from the button is hit till all the screens have updated (and is visable from the control room !!!). When updating 1 at the time I expect some faster atleast.