Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/thread-6680.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hello! - Stewie410 - 06-08-2015

A bit vague, but just a hello. My name is Alex (or Stew, whatever's easier to remember). I've been playing minecraft (and therefore, playing with redstone) since 1.8 Beta, so I'm by no means new to it. Then again, I haven't been fiddling with logical circuits until the last couple of months.

My main interest is with instant logic, and while I've made a few cool designs that do work, I've already run into issues with reliability. So, with my lack of understanding of more complex circuits, I figured it'd be a good idea to join ORE and "learn me some knowledge."

Oh, and ctjet added a warp to my recent adder design, (/warp instantadder)...which I've now learned is not instant on all edges--so that's something to work out. At this time, I'm pretty unsure of how to proceed with instant logic while also using as few pistons as possible--its actually quite tricky. Until then though, I guess I should learn traditional logic. Tongue

Anywho--I'll be around a little less than I originally intended; bit of a living are situation arose so I have decidedly less time for redstone these days.

RE: Hello! - Hastumer - 06-10-2015

Hey! Glad to have one, that likes instant stuff Big Grin

RE: Hello! - Stewie410 - 06-11-2015

I dunno, I've been pretty frustrated with my recent adder design lately. MC-8328 kinda ruins the instant-adder concept.
Anyways, if you wanna check the progress I'm making, /warp instantadder has all of my current and previous designs since I joined the server!

RE: Hello! - Magic :^) - 06-12-2015

Instant will always be buggy unfortunately, especially in large builds.

Too many piston updates etc. rolling over to the next tick etc.

eh, such is life.

RE: Hello! - Stewie410 - 06-12-2015

Welp, I've got a decent 3-wide (not tileable yet, though) instant full adder (rca) made up on my plot. Well, quite a few, actually. 10 pistons in total, none of which use the "insta-drop" mechanics as my older designs used. Everything *should* work correctly, though the aforementioned bug somewhat breaks it. So far, pretty much my whole issue is a pulse I don't want there.

I'll find a work around eventually. Wink

RE: Hello! - LordDecapo - 06-12-2015

Just drop pistons all together lol jk
#SolidState4Lyfe

RE: Hello! - Halflife390 - 06-12-2015

Pistons: You cant live with them, you cant live without them.

RE: Hello! - Legofreak - 06-12-2015

I can live without them... comparators are my heroin

RE: Hello! - Magic :^) - 06-12-2015

*injects liquified nether quartz*

RE: Hello! - Iceglade - 06-12-2015

(06-12-2015, 05:34 PM)Halflife390 Wrote: Pistons: You cant live with them, you cant live without them.

I can't liveeeeee....
...with or without.. you..