Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Wat. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Wat. (/thread-6474.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wat. - slugdude - 05-12-2015

Uhhhhhh......

When did magicalgentleman and pablo become mod?

Can't see an election I missed in the announcements.

RE: Wat. - Chibill - 05-12-2015

That's what I was going to ask too.

RE: Wat. - Apuly - 05-12-2015

The administration system has been changed around a bit.
Moderators are now chosen by the staff whenever they're needed. If a moderator does not moderate good enough, they're demoted to member, without receiving veteran.
For a moderator to become staff an election is held between all moderators.

At least I think that's how it works now. I'm not sure because I'm not a mod. Or staff.
Blame the staff team for now informing you.

RE: Wat. - PabloDons - 05-12-2015

don't blame me m8 I was just the victim in this I didn't even get to choose if I wanted ;_;

RE: Wat. - slugdude - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 07:36 PM)Apuly Wrote: The administration system has been changed around a bit.
Moderators are now chosen by the staff whenever they're needed. If a moderator does not moderate good enough, they're demoted to member, without receiving veteran.

At least I think that's how it works now. I'm not sure because I'm not a mod. Or staff.

This is outrageous. The reason I use ORE and not stym's is because of the way the staffing was structured. According to what you said, members no longer have a say in staff elections?

And there wasn't even a debate about this "new system"? 

We may as well rename the server "RE" instead of "ORE". Because ORE isn't Open anymore.

RE: Wat. - Apuly - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 07:47 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 07:36 PM)Apuly Wrote: The administration system has been changed around a bit.

This is outrageous. The reason I use ORE and not stym's is because of the way the staffing was structured. According to what you said, members no longer have a say in staff elections?

And there wasn't even a debate about this "new system"? 

We may as well rename the server "RE" instead of "ORE". Because ORE isn't Open anymore.

You still have a say in staff election, just not for moderators. There will still be elections for mods becoming admins.
This is a solution to fix the lack of mods, and to prevent people from becoming a staff member, and then just doing absolutely nothing.

RE: Wat. - Nickster258 - 05-12-2015

Over the course of ORE there has been a few elections that could have fared much better had they not been handled purely democratically.

It is not difficult to count of a few members of post Staff who have not been the best fit for the Staff team.

The mods were chosen because they were a great fit and have been so willing to do the job from the start. They have been helping incredibly so. If we had elections.... it could might have been a random popular person who would not have been best for ORE.

This was an emergency thing as Staff did need help and now, we seem to be fine.

Expect in the future for there to be elections, Staff just needed help.

RE: Wat. - tyler569 - 05-12-2015

The main part that worries me is that there's no discussion in the Rhodium Box (admin forum) that I can see either. Far as I can tell, these people could have been picked out of a hat. I'd personally like an explanation as well.

RE: Wat. - slugdude - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 07:56 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: Over the course of ORE there has been a few elections that could have fared much better had they not been handled democratically.

It is not difficult to count of a few members of post Staff who have not been the best fit for the Staff team.

The mods were chosen because they were a great fit and have been so willing to do the job from the start. They have been helping incredibly so. If we had elections.... it could might have been a random popular person who would not have been best for ORE.

This was an emergency thing as Staff did need help and now, we seem to be fine.

Expect in the future for there to be elections, Staff just needed help.

OK. Pauly (apuly) said we wouldnt have a say in normal elections.

Every time you make a big server decision just remember what the O in our name stands for.

RE: Wat. - Nickster258 - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 07:57 PM)tyler569 Wrote: The main part that worries me is that there's no discussion in the Rhodium Box (admin forum) that I can see either.  Far as I can tell, these people could have been picked out of a hat.  I'd personally like an explanation as well.

It was heavily discussed within the Slack group.