Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
hi im new - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: hi im new (/thread-6225.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: hi im new - 0111000001101001 - 05-19-2015

well the new concepts are based in the microprocessor which i could never build no my own on xbox 360. some of the ideas may be used but could not find on youtube they are: using flags, having full general registers, using an operating system, being able to allow for full programming eg being able to program games like chess, pong, math or anything you can think of, using multi core in case quad core, designing a sound/video card, and there will be a motherboard, the GPU will be a new concept so there is no pixel lag since the display will be atleast 50x50, there will be USB for anything that would need to be used if your not using the display eg printers, or mini game ect. this processor is BASED on x86 architecture and 8086 architecture and will be able to communicate to other computers if hooked up for faster processing.
Im on pacific standard time U.S.A. and will be using my sisters computer so i can only paly when shes not but will have atleast 2-3 hrs a day. best way to the apply part would to pick the person who will test me and we comunicate a good time for both of us to be on. but i dont really care about how long it takes to get going Smile

RE: hi im new - jxu - 05-20-2015

new ideas aren't necessarily good ideas

RE: hi im new - LordDecapo - 05-20-2015

I'm always on during the time ur on and Dylan is a mod in ur time zone...

Also... a few things.
you are very ambitious and I love it, I'm just going to save you the headache;
Things like Sound cards, video cards, mother boards.. aren't useful in MC at all.
magic made a 4 channel 2tick pipelined sound card. Every time it's turned on, many people around it have there game crash or go down to 0 fps for several minutes due to the amount of block and lighting updates.

video cards have the same issue, to make a proper one, it would be way to massive and have way to many block and lighting updates. As video cards are mainly comprised of lot and lots of small CPU cores, MC has a hard enough time running 1 CPU with out crashing...

Mother boards also have issues, as IRL they are made to connect PCI cards, RAM, help schedule interruts, do networking, and allow for USB and other ports... all of these things in MC, are better to be handled directly from the CPU itself. IE, have your CPU directly interface with RAM, having a standalone interrupt scheduler (to which u make all your USB type ports as well as networking )

I'm not saying it can't be done, just saying that the approach your taking will end up being SUPER massive, slow (even if it's like 5 tick clock, lag will kill it), and overly complicated for the simple tasks.. Like the OS you mentioned... that requires A LOT A LOT A LOT of programming. And to have a CPU that can handle all those lines of code.. a small light weight kernel would be able to accomplish what you needed at a relativly small size.

Not only would you need a lot of program space for your CPU to read, you will also need a strong enough IS and fast enough memory access to get anything done in a reasonable time... context swapping being one of the biggest memory speed constraints.

don't take this the wrong way, I'm not shooting you down.. just wanted to give you a better perspective of what your going after, as I have tried all of the above, and have learned from many many mistakes along the way

RE: hi im new - 0111000001101001 - 05-20-2015

well the things that are as of now til i can talk to my friend are lets say top secret and addresses those issues one thing is two way instant bussing. furthermore the reason redstone causes any kind of lag is from the lighting update which can be made moot by using glowstone as glowstone is brighter and the lighting update of the redstone goes away. the video card is not necessary as all info going into the GPU will be processed there. and the RAM could differently go straight to the CPU. however my sound card is awesome im pretty sure it will work. basically it loads the music and sounds you have saved for the game. depending on what menu or where your at in the game different music can be played. when you are playing say pong and the ball hits the paddles a sound will be made. if someone wins a different music/sound ca nbe made. as seeing there is only one sound card like thing on youtube and it sucks (the guitar one) compared to the level mines on. any who im downloading MC today for sure will get my username and apply for the build server. ill use my A.I. computer as its not a RCA ALU and i dont have anything else to show, as building on xbox is a bitch (no world edit.) ill just redo the computer on PC and show that unless there are any objections. i do have skype which i will include in my application. hopeful ill talk to guys some time today. Smile

"Top secret".... none of that plz... every time I have seen that people always end up saying "I have an idea and I have no idea HOW it will work"
So plz explain... not like anyone will take the idea, if they do they will give u credit, if it's due.

Also in MC a GPU is pretty much the same as a Video card... both require mass parellelization and specialized cores, if you want some pictures or slight animations. I HIGHLY recommend doing Sprite Mapping.
Sound won't be able to react fast enough for a "ball hitting the paddle in pong", unless it's dedicated pong hardware... in fact you won't be able to even get user input to react fast enough unless ur ball moves at like a pixel every second.. MC CPU interrupt response isn't great, at all. Best guess is a keyboard press can be processed in about 2-3 seconds, way to long to do any game requiring reaction time (pong).

And Redstone lag is caused my lighting updates.. but it's also highly effect by the number of blocks needing an update In general, like a repeater or wire changing states.

And RAM is only useful in MC CPUs if u can directly access it.. if you can't it's just external storage

well the reason i say top secret is my friend and i both agreed not to share anything so once i talk to him and he says fine ill share for sure. Smile but some of the ideas are good and just dont know how to do it yet your right Wink but not all of them.

Cool cool, well talk to him!! I will be online tonight and if u can, I'd like to hear the ideas

ill talk to him today if he is on, he should be but sometimes he is not. im sure he will be fine with it. hope to get great input form you and all of ORE. ttyl
i will be on this forum all day so feel free to chat to me anything but as of now im a blank.

RE: hi im new - 0111000001101001 - 05-21-2015

i went to the minecraft website to download minecraft but, every time i hit accept i get an error that says there is something wrong with my credit card info ._. anyone know anything about this.

RE: hi im new - LordDecapo - 05-21-2015

(05-21-2015, 08:43 PM)0111000001101001 Wrote: i went to the minecraft website to download minecraft but, every time i hit accept i get an error that says there is something wrong with my credit card info ._. anyone know anything about this.

ya i know exactly whats wrong