Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Goodbye, ORE. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Goodbye, ORE. (/thread-5895.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Goodbye, ORE. - slugdude - 03-02-2015

The server is upgrading to 1.8.3.

Microsoft bought Mojang between versions 1.8 and 1.8.1.

I boycott Microsoft to a ridiculous degree.

Therefore, I have resolved to not play any Minecraft versions later than and including 1.8.1. If we go to 1.8, I will stay. To all those who may think this is petty, I don't give a fuck.

So in the weeks/months to come I will leave.

This is an early good-bye to ORE. I will stay as long as I can. I love ORE, but I hate Microsoft.

P.S. If anyone has a copy of the world, I'd love it. I don't plan on quitting redstone.

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - greatgamer34 - 03-02-2015

so youre leaving because your a linux fanboy? k bai

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - PabloDons - 03-02-2015

I am sure people are pulling their hair knowing that 1.8 will work on the new server.
in fact here's another fun thing. Microsoft has not a single shit to do with minecraft development, the only thing buying mojang means is they own the trademark now. oh hey, here's another thing; your ingenious idea of a rebel against Microsoft is to not use any versions which where made after Microsoft bought mojang? I'm sorry, but that is kinda pointless, just saying. sorry for sounding pissed, that was just a major fuckup on your part, lol

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - slugdude - 03-02-2015

(03-02-2015, 08:11 PM)PabloDons Wrote: that is kinda pointless, just saying.

(03-02-2015, 07:22 PM)slugdude Wrote: I boycott Microsoft to a ridiculous degree.

I don't give a fuck.

Also, I just failed everything. I can use the 1.8 client.

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - greatgamer34 - 03-02-2015

wat?

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - Nickster258 - 03-02-2015

Yes the 1.8 client works with 1.8.1-1.8.3. Only problem: do not go to such ridiculous ranks to boycott it. You will literally drop a community you are friends and mates with for a long time because you have a gripe with Microsoft?
Lame excuse with a ridiculous outcome. We all want to see you stay and boycotting will have 1) no affect and 2) will be getting rid of a lot of your time here and of the friends you made.

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - Apuly - 03-02-2015

I understand if you boycott microsoft by not buying the product.
HOWEVER, you already have the account, you have already supported mojang, and by continuing to play minecraft you are not financially supporting Microsoft in any way shape or form.

There are more than enough alternative launchers out there that support 1.8.3 (multiMC for instance), which means that you do not have to use the Microsoft launcher, which, in my eyes, all comes together to a pretty successful boycott.

However, if you do not agree with all this, I only have one thing to say:

"Bye."

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - AFtExploision - 03-02-2015

ORE Check List:
[v] Guy gone
[v] xray only on forums
[v] ORE members being hippies in futile exercises that just show immaturity
[v] aft = -aft

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - Xray_Doc - 03-02-2015

1.8 came out just before they bought it. Just don't use 1.9

if that ever comes out at this rate

RE: Goodbye, ORE. - Magic :^) - 03-03-2015