Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress (/thread-5767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - slugdude - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 01:17 AM)PabloDons Wrote: making a computer entirely out of commandblocks' /setblock command

Well you can make a not gate and an or gate so wait not?

Plus memory with test for block

:o memory that can hold as much data as there are blocks in minecraft in the space of a single block

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 01:20 AM)slugdude Wrote:
(02-19-2015, 01:17 AM)PabloDons Wrote: making a computer entirely out of commandblocks' /setblock command

Well you can make a not gate and an or gate so wait not?

Plus memory with test for block

:o memory that can hold as much data as there are blocks in minecraft in the space of a single block

Command blocks making everything too easy xD

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Magic :^) - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 01:40 AM)PabloDons Wrote: Command blocks making everything too easy xD

^

Which is why this would have to be really thought out so it doesn't ruin redstone D:

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - slugdude - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 02:36 AM)The Magical Gentleman Wrote:
(02-19-2015, 01:40 AM)PabloDons Wrote: Command blocks making everything too easy xD

^

Which is why this would have to be really thought out so it doesn't ruin redstone D:

Actually, after thinking about it, I think redstone would lose all it's charm if we had command blocks. Maybe we should leave them to single player.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - tokumei - 02-19-2015

I think we should allow them. Those who do not want to use them do not have to use them, but it would be another thing that is easier to collaborate upon.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 02-19-2015

Update:
we have come across a problem with purpleIRC. we have no way of speparating a player on IRC and a player on a server. The reason this is a problem is because we would like to be able to give them different prefixes in-game. those in IRC should have the [IRC] prefix, while those on a server need to have a prefix respective to the server they are on. In OREUtils that problem existed there as well. what the developers did was they tested for a specific IRC name (OREBuild or ORESchool) and replace that with the prefix they wanted. ELSE if that name is not there, ADD the default prefix [IRC]. We are unable to send this data over IRC because how these IRC bridges between servers work is it needs to relay in-game messages into IRC and then relay that back into in-game chat, therefore all that is possible to send is a nickname and a message. I have contacted the author of purpleIRC and he is currently looking into it. Hopefully we will get this sorted out as fast as possible.

-Pablo

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 02-20-2015

After looking at the vast features of PlotSquared, I have begun testing with that as an alternative to PlotMe.

Also, PlotSquared has great support for dynmap and we could use Dynmap instead of the in-game plot map.

Tell me what you think!

http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/plot2dynmap.1292/

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Chibill - 02-20-2015

Yes and there is the actual intake map support I believe.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 02-20-2015

After some testing I have decided to drop PlotMe for PlotSquared due to the incredible amount of features, schematic system, dynmap support, and worldedit for each plot.

Just an FYI: I won't be on all weekend and we are going to halt development until I hop back on because PlotSquared is quite unique compared to PlotMe. I should be online Sunday afternoon EST.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Magazorb - 02-21-2015

Yay for problems with other peoples software that either requires us to venture into a whole new unknown programme or find some other crap that works, yay for making things hard XD

On a more serious note what issues are you getting?