Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress (/thread-5767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Legofreak - 02-11-2015

unconfirmed, but somebody says 126:9 will work for slabs.

edit: according to the minecraft wiki, its an upper spruce wood slab.

someone else said try "stone_slab 8" seems like a colon should be there but it wasn't

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Chibill - 02-11-2015

that does not work.. It may give you a slab with the right metadata (well actually BlockState...) But it places as a normal one.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 02-11-2015

So me and pauly have Bern working om permissions for member and visitor. All the plot and we commands are pretty much done. All we need is to go through the essentials permissions for both (which is a pretty long list, but I think it's worth doing to avoid the OREUtilsV2 incident).

I am really happy to be part of the development now. It really is a good feeling to be of assistance and contribute as to not feel like I'm nagging at the staff team (something that makes me feel like a douche). Thank you so much, Nick, for giving me the opportunity to. Really

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 02-11-2015

I saw that. I thank ya'll for doing that. We should hop into teamspeak tomorrow afternoon around 13:00 EST (I am not familiar with your timezone) and we can work out a ton of the perms.

We have to make a note between the difference of Build and School perms, they will vary a ton. So essentially there will be two 18 servers, one Build and one School.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Phase - 02-12-2015

If you need any help with teh Bukkits, I know it like the back of my hand.

Also, why switch to PlotMe? Didn't Chibill have a working version of Spigot that supported PyLoader?

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Chibill - 02-12-2015

I got PyLoader working put read the OP.
(PyLoader had a error from 1.7.10 when craftbukkit changed from on area using an ArrayList to using a List.)

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 02:57 AM)Phasesaber Wrote: Why switch to PlotMe? Didn't Chibill have a working version of Spigot that supported PyLoader?

what chibill said, also if you read what nick said earlier, we want to have as little dependence on things like PyLoader for half of ORE to work (like how the server built today so it doesn't take as long of a time to update each time a new update is released).

Also nick, I'll be there, it's actually a quite nice time for me to chat

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - tyler569 - 02-12-2015

I'll just throw this in here:

In the unfortunate event that we end up absolutely needing something to be community-developed, it would be highly preferable for myself and the admin team's future sanity that it *not* be written in Python. Of all of our plugins, that Python loader adds the least direct value and has caused the most headaches. If we are to consider *anything* to be the ultimate goal of this project, it should be the elimination of the Python loader.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 01:26 PM)tyler569 Wrote: I'll just throw this in here:

In the unfortunate event that we end up absolutely needing something to be community-developed, it would be highly preferable for myself and the admin team's future sanity that it *not* be written in Python. Of all of our plugins, that Python loader adds the least direct value and has caused the most headaches. If we are to consider *anything* to be the ultimate goal of this project, it should be the elimination of the Python loader.

They are being written in java.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 02-12-2015

I am learning java syntax right now, it would be cool if someone would teach me how to make plugins with it. I would not only like to contribute to the development of OREUtils, but I would be making my own plugins in my free time just for fun. also I would be able to make plugins for suggestions I have for commands cuz pretty much every command I have suggested has been accepted and forgotten about.